• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Ash & Pikachu Tribute Challenge

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2023
    With the end of Ash and Pikachu in the Pokemon anime this past weekend, I thought it fitting to create a challenge/tribute series to the two of them in the pokemon games.

Using pokegen (for easier team building, esp pikachu) or catching in the wild if available build Ash's team from each region, and complete the series that way. You can evolve certain pokemon if you wish to do so, but for those wanting to take on the ultimate version of this challenge, use the final evolution stage that Ash managed with that pokemon (don't evolve bulbasaur or squirtle). Having pikachu in your party in each game is a must.

Eligible Pokemon for each region:
    Kanto (R/B/FR/LG) - Pikachu, Charizard, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Butterfree, Pidgeot, Kingler, Muk, Tauros, Snorlax, Primeape, Lapras
    Johto (G/S/C/HG/SS) - Pikachu, Heracross, Bayleef, Quilava, Totodile, Noctowl, Donphan
    Hoenn (R/S/E/OR/AS) - Pikachu, Swellow, Sceptile, Corphish, Torkoal, Glalie, Aipom
    Sinnoh (D/P/Pt/BD/SP) - Pikachu, Staraptor, Buizel, Torterra, Infernape, Gliscor, Gible
    Unova (B/W/B2/W2) - Pikachu, Unfezant, Oshawatt, Snivy, Scraggy, Leavanny, Palpitoad, Boldore, Krookodile,
    Kalos (X/Y) - Pikachu, Talonflame, Goodra, Greninja, Hawlucha, Noivern
    Alola (S/M/US/UM) - Pikachu, Rowlet, Incineroar, Lycanroc, Melmetal, Naganadel
    Galar (Sw/Sd) - Pikachu, Dragonite, Lucario (Mega), Gengar, Sirfetch'd, Dracovish

Rules:
    1) Standard Challenge is completing any region with the above eligible pokemon, Ultimate is completing any region with the specific evolution limitations in the above list.
    Completing all regions in either standard or ultimate is a Pokefan completion.
    2) Must use Pikachu in the party in each run
    3) No HM slaves, all HMs must be used on party members
    4) Movesets must be kept as close to anime as possible (with the exception of HMs)
    5) You can gen in pokemon where needed (like Pikachu in most games)
    6) If a pokemon evolves in a different region from the one it is caught in, its final anime form can still be used (Quilava was caught in Johto, evolved in Sinnoh)

Good luck and lets give Ash and Pikachu a fitting farewell!

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2023
    Wow this sounds great! Sign me up! I'm going to attempt to go for an ultimate attempt from Kanto -> Alola (don't have Galar available :( )

Nice, I had issues with my save files for Sinnoh and Unova, so I'm waiting before I attempt them again. But it was nice doing the first 3. I only did standard cause tbh, I didn't think of the Ultimate rules until I started writing down this challenge lol

Back