• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

White 2 hack: Pokémon Re:White

Years
    • Seen today

Pokémon Re:White

Introduction

This is the second Re:Worked romhack. It is a "rebalancing" hack of Pokémon White 2, and as such, there are no differences to the story, text, or characters. The difficulty has been increased, aiming for higher than any vanilla mainline Pokémon game, but not much higher.

Features

• All Pokémon up to Gen V are obtainable without trading.
    • Pokémon have changed movesets, abilities, types, etc.
    • The type chart has been changed.
    • Moves have been updated in terms of power, accuracy, and PP to coincide with Scarlet/Violet.
    • Some moves have been changed.
    • The shiny rate has been increased substantially.
    • Most previously unbreedable Pokémon are now breedable and items needed for evolution can be obtained in certain Poké Marts.
    • More Double Battles, including all Gym Leaders.
    Custom Type Chart:
    Spoiler:

Screenshots

kDgbtkr.png
    ai0dPC0.png
    IsENitJ.png
    BGGUXwv.png
    TsxBl43.png

Credits

• Me - Coding and scripting
    • The Cave of Dragonflies - Picture of custom type chart
    • cpan1 on ProjectPokémon - Guide for changing type effectiveness
    • theSLAYER on ProjectPokémon - Guide for changing shiny rate
    • Tools used:
      Pokemon Rom Changer B2W2 - Unknown creator, translation by Kaphotics
      ANDT - By Andibad
      BWWE - By KazoWAR, I think?
      BWTE - By Kaphotics and KazoWAR
      MartEdit- By Kaphotics​

Bugs

• Breeding Unown with Ditto always results in Unown A.
    • Gracidea unobtainable without "fateful encounter" Shaymin.
    • The Multi Battle against Zinzolin in the Plasma Frigate may be unstable on higher emulation speeds. More details in the documentation.

Download

Version 1.0: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1deEYe9grCiBHbkXVa2VJJty4VEJ4vrxu/view?usp=sharing
    Version 1.0.1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CoO6rV4OpFg6r8GAk77h3UR6Pf05KQb3/view?usp=sharing
    Version 1.0.2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m05Y3TnOlRmSquVjo_ry_Qmp6q-rq7wn/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
    Years
  • Looks super awesome! Just one problem though. Anytime I try to open the "Pokemon Changes", "Trainer Pokemon", or "Wild Pokemon" xlsx files they're either blank or it doesn't let me open them since they're "empty". I'm just gonna start playing without documentation, but thought you'd wanna know. As a fellow gen 5 hacker I'm very impressed with what I've seen so far!

Edit; nevermind I am the biggest dumb idiot to ever stupid. In all my brilliance I decided to not even extract the file. Awesome hack, can't wait to start.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Thank you and enjoy. I have intentionally NOT changed text, so there's some inconsistencies, but I'd like to think my ideas are interesting and the difficulty not overwhelming.

And to anyone else reading this: Have fun!

Back