• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

{~February Sprite Contest - Entry Thread~}

Years
    Alright, I've decided. Due to the fact that the results of the last contest are most likely going to be coming in late AND February is a shortened month. The contest shall start now.

So, welcome to the February Sprite Contest! This month's theme is...

Valentines

As you know, 14th February is Valentines Day, and because of that, I see it as a good reason to make it this month's theme.

The rules are as they stand:

1. No stealing other Sprite/Image work
    Quite frankly, your entry should contain everything that is YOUR work. No use using anything made from other people in your entry. Because frankly, I'd know just by observing it. Your entry would only end up either disqualified or just be given low marks.

2. No recolours (colouring in any sprites so that they look as if it matches the theme)
    I'm sure many of you are thinking about entering the contest with a simple recolour. Your entry won't be disqualified, but, it would earn you very little marks. Try to be as creative with your entry as you can.

3. 1 ENTRY PER PERSON
    Please only make one entry. No more. If you are bound to make more than one entry, the rest will be disqualified apart from your first one.

4. ALL ENTRIES MUST APPLY TO THE THEME
    The theme is Valentines. Therefore your entry must have some connection with it, entries that do not show any relevance to the theme will be disqualified.

5. Joint Entries are allowed
    Joint Entries are entries that you and one more person will work on. You are allowed to enter such entry.

I shall add more when they are needed.

The Contest shall end on February 28th

I alone will be judging this month's contest. And I can be quite a tough customer to impress. But never the less, try to be as creative as you can, have fun and I wish you all the best of luck in making your entries :)

Last edited:

Jedite1000

Deoxys Master
    Years
    i hope this is accepted here is mine

MAR Heaven

No Comment
    Years
    Ok Im not so well that this is good but I really want to enter a contest XD here it is May and Brendon

DragonHeart

Summer Fun!
    Years

^ here's my entry... completely from scratch... It's the baby Love Dragon from the game storyline that I pretty much cancelled for some reason... If you can't see it, there's a heart on the end of his tail and one on his forehead... kk? I added more hearts just in case.

Sephiroth-Kun

Sephiroth Rules The Planet!
    Years
    Yours is better than mine -_- I just wanted to enter a contest though.

View attachment 30360

The Togetic is a cupid that made the Nidoran male & female fall in love. Click on it so you can see it better.

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011

Finally, some real contestents!

Last edited:

Budgie_boy

A bold new journey awaits
    Years
    I don't if I'm any good, but I've decided to join in this competition and create this small thing, I hope you all like it.

I looked at the sort of explosions in Zelda: Wind Waker and thought that they looked a bit like roses so I made some Zelda Explosions in yellow as a background (Shading is not the best, it's to reflect the Cel Shading in Z:WW).
    I then decided to make a heart to show true love and red roses to amplify the beauty of true love.
    I used red to show the passion behind romance (also the common colour of Valentines Day).

It's entirely scratch and it took me an hours or so to do. I really hope I win... This is only the second competition that I've entered!!!

Back