• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Explosion

Zack

Arr!
Years
Ok, this deck may seemed a bit crammed using 3 different energys, but I have used a version of it without the Blaziken, Mewtwo, and Mightyena before I had them and it actually did decent so I hope by adding them helped.

Its Fire, Lightning, and Fighting

I'll be in a tournament tomorrow so I doubt I can make many changes. I wish I had more healing cards but due to me just restarting pokemon tcg and lacking EX cards [I've been playing since base set here in the us, quite a long time :P making me have mainly old unusable cards]

Energys
---------------
x9 Lightning Energys
x5 Fighting Energys
x10 Fire Energys
x1 Dark Metal Energy
x1 Double Rainbow Energy

Trainer/Supporters [Got what I can]
--------------------------------------------
x2 Mr. Stone's Project
x1 Scott
x1 Professor Birch
x1 Lum Berry
x1 Oran Berry
x1 Wally's Training
x1 Pokenav
x1 Double Full Heal

Pokemon
--------------
x1 Houndoom (Unseen Forces)
x1 Mewtwo (Delta Species)
x1 Exploud (Emerald)
x1 Raichu ex (Sandstorm I think)
x1 Rayquaza (Emerald)
x1 Blaziken (Emerald)
x1 Groudon (Emerald)
x1 Ninetales (Emerald)
x1 Loudred (Emerald)
x1 Dodrio (Emerald)
x1 Combusken (Emerald)
x1 Zangoose (Emerald)
x2 Doduo (Emerald)
x2 Torchic (Emerald)
x2 Houndour (Unseen Forces)
x1 Minun (Pop1)
x1 Plusle (Pop1)
x1 Minun (Emerald)
x1 Meditite (Emerald)
x1 Pikachu (Emerald)
x1 Vulpix (Emerald)
x1 Whismur (Emerald)

I tried to get what I could -.-
Too late for big changes

Its nothing special, I would have purchased some better cards if

1. I knew about the tournament sooner then 3 days ahead
2. The local card shop only sells Yugioh and doesn't get in many new pokemon if any now. Stupid Yugioh! I could go 20-40 minutes away and go some other stores but yeah I don't have time and my mom doesn't like spending that much for gas. I could drive an hour over to Orlando and go to a place and then go to Disney afterwards but obviously I havn't done so yet :P

Overall I don't think my deck is amazing I know it needs more trainers. I still go because I usually have fun and even if I don't win the big prize I always win at least half my games and score a few packs in the process!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2006
You need to focus on at most three different lines of pokemon. You have 5 different lines. 5!!!!!!! and a bunch of random basics with no synergy. Plus you have too few trainers and WAY too many energies. Slim it down to three lines of Pokemon and you want about 16 energies and twenty something trainers. Once you've done that then I can help you.

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2006
heres sum general guidelines for decks -

1) Run 3 evolutionary lines..MAX and thats only with a searcher. With decks without a searcher (Pidgeot Fire Red/Leaf Green, Magcargo Deoxys). 2 lines are great. Some decks even run 1 single line! ("Turn 2" Decks)

2) If your running 3 lines,

18-23 pokemon, 13-17 energies, 20-28 trainers is good,

2 lines

14-18 pokemon, 13-18 energies, 23-30 trainers are good. but these are only guidelines so they dont have to be exact.

3) Use plenty of draw cards, 6-10 is enuf for most decks but at least 4 have to be "straight draw" (drawing a minimum of cards)

4) Use a basic pokemon to help search for more basics.

heres what your deck could look like -

Energys 16
---------------
10 Electric
6 Fire

why so little? remember most cards can only attach one energy per turn. With enuf draw power, this is plentiful. Mr. Stone's Project already allows you to search for energies.

Trainer/Supporters [Got what I can] 28
--------------------------------------------
x4 of a helpful Stadium card, i suggest Battle Frontier (Emerald)
x2 Mr. Stone's Project
x1 Scott
x4 Professor Birch
x2 Wally's Training
x4 Field Worker
x2 More of any draw cards you can get
x4 Poke'Nav
x3 Professor Elm's Training Method (Unseen Forces)
x2 any cards of your choice

Trainers and supporters are the life-blood of any deck, the often consist of anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 of a deck. Buy a starter deck to get more trainers. Based on these cards, it looks like you got the emerald starter deck. Try getting a couple legend maker ones too, take the card fieldworker out of them and trade for more cards.

Pokemon 16
--------------
x4 Raichu ex (Sandstorm I think)
x4 Pikachu
x2 Houndoom (Unseen Forces)
x2 Houndour
x4 w/e Starter

i took out most of the cards to put in multuples of your best cards. Look around at the cards you have if any of them have an attack that allows them to look your deck for basic pokemon.

Last edited:

Zack

Arr!
Years
I was told by the winner of tourny

25 energies
15 trainers
20 pokemon

btw i got 14th of like.... 30 in my group

I got all screwed up because we couldnt use sandstorm so I didnt get to use raichu ex which sucked

1 round i had to do 710 total damage to win the round we had like 3 min left

This girl got out the following (Queendom Deck Dammit)

[x3] 120-HP Nidoqueens Killed All
[x3] 100-HP Pigeots Killed 2, do 60 dmg to one
[x1] 100-HP Milotic Killed it

I got out mewtwo and kept doing 50-60 dmg

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2006
first of all Nidoqueen usually runs about 22 pokes, 20ish trainers, and around 15 energy or so...go to pokegym(not allowed to type in URLS) www-dot-pokegym-dot-com and anyone can tell you that 30ish energy is too much.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Personally, I go by the old deck building strategy:
-2 Pokemon Types (Colorless is treated as any)
-At least 15 basic Pokemon
-Around 15 Trainer cards
-22-25 energy cards

My deck is built with the above strategy, and works well... In fact, I won 5/5 battles today!

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
Years
I tried having around 16-18 energy in my deck, but I usually find myself having all the trump cards out without any energy cards.. How do you fight efficiently with just 16 energy?? o.o

Zack

Arr!
Years
miyo said:
I tried having around 16-18 energy in my deck, but I usually find myself having all the trump cards out without any energy cards.. How do you fight efficiently with just 16 energy?? o.o

You can't, he's just mental ;D

Rofl nice avatar

Back