• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Good CBS

which cbs is the best ?

• The Pokemon Crystal's Reflection Cbs

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • The Pokemon Emerald, Leafgreen..... cbs

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2006
    which one is the best cbs
    attachment.php

This is Pokemon Crystal's Reflection cbs

attachment.php

And this is the emerald, firered....... cbs
    (the picture get from ign.com)

which cbs you will choose ?(vote in the poll)

Last edited:

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    =)

As I already stated on the Pokémon Crystal's Reflection thread, the CBS (and the game itself is great), but may not be functional, being hard to use and such (because the game is made on the limited Rm2k3).

So, that said, we must analize what is a "Good CBS"? A CBS that is good looking on screenshots? Or something more, let's say, advanced. For me, a good CBS (or any other system) is that easy-to-use, where you don't have to copy hundreds of IF statements to make it work.

That's why I vote on Pokémon Red, Blue, Yellow, Whatever, etc CBS.

No more,

~Azura.

You can visit the link in my signature to know more about my Pokémon CBS.

Years
  • Without a second thought, the classic ones. They are what we rarely call "perfect". They ARE perfect. There's nothing missing. Eventually, after the additions of Advanced Generation they are (and not maybe) the best battle systems ever made. Effort and Individual Vallues, give it it's being hard to follow but it's sure that it's PERFECT. It can't even be compared with most of other battle systems.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I can't really decide;;

BTW, the explanations and images are wrongly put together.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Go go! original battle system!

50-50... 6 votes... I guess this poll isn't very popular, huh?

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    Hiccup said:
    I would have to say Crystal Reflection's CBS is better. Why? It is something new. It adds more challenge to the game.

for the exact same reason my vote goes to Crystal's Reflection

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    I think the challenge is the same. Pokémon here, Pokémon there, choose your attack, see the results. Then be attacked, see the results. Loop.

I think a Pokémon Action Battle System would make thing a LOT more challenging lol. Just a thought that went into my mind, yeah..

Cya,

~Azura.

Years
  • i think ur wrong azurabr, it's not the same thing and there is more challenge because dargoten said that if u didn't choose fastly the opponent will attack and also he said that u have a choice of 20 attacks so I think dargonten's cbs is better. I voted for Darkgoten.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Darkgoten said this, Darkgoten said that... until now I've only seen screenshots of two pokémon facing each other... not a battle system, in fact.

But I respect your opinion and I see your point. As I said an ABS would be the best, and since there's this "choose fast", it adds a bit of action to it. I forgot about that feature.

And about the 20 moves, well... with so many moves, probably we'll have Charizard learning Thundershock lol

~Azura.

Back