• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Battle Prof. Oak in Pokemon Red/Blue

Pokémaniac1

Team Galaxy Grunt
Years
  • I am not sure if this topic has already been discussed in a different thread, but I found a Gameshark code for Red/Blue that allows you to battle Prof. Oak. The only catch is you have to battle a trainer, to fight him. And the trainer will be Prof. Oak (even if you face a Bug Catcher).

This code is "01E22DCD", and his Pokemon go as follows:

Lv.66 Tauros
    Lv.67 Exeggutor
    Lv.68 Arcanine
    Lv.69 Blastoise
    Lv.70 Gyarados

He was originally programmed into the game for a battle, so I am assuming that he was the original League Champion. Then he was taken out because of his high level Pokemon, and switched with Gary.

Last edited:

Katakoe

Blah!
    Years
  • Haha, awesome.
    Yeah, he was probably suppose to be in the league, kinda like how mew was suppose to be in the games. ~Shrug~ Oh well. =)

Latios&Latias381382

rofl, Mac.
    Years
  • wow your LV.8 Charmander grew about 19 levels in that 1 battle. but your Charmander has 767 hp thats more than Blissey at Lv.100. thats weird too.

Ria

Minx Extraordinaire
    Years
  • LOOOOL! :D You know, that reminded me of this thing I once heard. I mean, it's probably fake, but I remembered when you mentioned battling Oak. Apparently, if you lose to the E4 the first time, you can go see Oak and battle him, and if you win, he'll give you a Celebi. I mean, obviously, it's fake as a... a very fake thing, but still ^^;

Zerus

Why >__<
    Years
  • LOL Prof. Oak's Caterpie?! ROFL

I tried a really wierd code that turned all wild Pokmeon into Koga and he sends out a lv 115 Glitch Pokmeon. (LOL Oak's Caterpie LOL)

Last edited:

enyce

banned
    Years
  • Did you use an emulator to battle oak....

If so, how you get your blue version to look like that??

Zerus

Why >__<
    Years
  • enyce said:
    Did you use an emulator to battle oak....

If so, how you get your blue version to look like that??

Did you know you can switch the game's colors with the D-pad when you turn on the console and it says Gameboy. Just press any button on the D-pad and you can swap the colors adn make BLue version look like Red adn vice versa.

enyce

banned
    Years
  • You cant do that stadium stuff with an emulator...I can tell those are emulator screen shots. Why you think they are so perfect.

Besides there is a transfer pack for the computer. But the GB tower doesnt work. XD

Pokémaniac1

Team Galaxy Grunt
    Years
  • There is actually no possible way to play RBY on the GB Tower, on an emulator, in Pokemon Stadium. I used Visual Boy Advance and I turned on the Super Game Boy border.

And the different colors were automatic, I think it has to do with Super Game Boy as well.

Back