• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Latios or Latias?

Poké King

A Mixed Bag...
Years
    • MD
    • Seen Apr 25, 2007
    First off there relatively the same in terms of the Moves they naturally learns as well as there Stats, the only real difference between them are a few Moves and each has a slightly higher stat than the other.

Move and Stat wise Latios looks to be the better but in the end there two peas in the same pod pretty much and which one you like more I think is determined more by which color you like more, red or blue. And though I normally like red over blue I prefer Latios as it both looks better in blue than Latias looks in red plus it is better Move and Stat wise.

AC drain

Lak Rabbit
    Years
  • Latios is way cooler. Latias is trying to do some weird defense thing that it doesn't have the Hp for.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
  • Out of those two, I like them both.
    Latias and latios are both cool and strong.
    Latios is attacking and latias is a little less attacking than Latios but more defensive than Latios. If I had to pick one it would be Latias.

Toadsworth

I'm bored..... Blerk...
    Years
  • Latios looks better on the spriters, but that doesn't mean he is better. I think everyone who has ruby, thinks Latios is better, and everyone who has sapphire, thinks Latias is better ( I got Sapphire myself, so)

Ichikool

D/P Lover
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    I like Latias better. I do like Latios though. ^^
    When I first learned about them, I liked latios better. Now I like Latias better.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    I like Latias because its a lot cuter than Latios. However, in terms of battle and coolness, Latios all the way!

Years
  • Latios looks better on the spriters, but that doesn't mean he is better. I think everyone who has ruby, thinks Latios is better, and everyone who has sapphire, thinks Latias is better ( I got Sapphire myself, so)

I don't think I agree with that I don't have Sapphire but I like Latias better.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Latios is easier to beat...though Latias is the pwetty orange, so I'm all for Latias.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Latias is trying to do some weird defense thing that it doesn't have the Hp for.

Sorry, but I can't let this go uncorrected: Latias has enough potential for effective special walling (Base Sp.defense of 130). It can learn Calm Mind to cover its Ice weak, has a strong statline (with a decent 80 HP) and gets access to both Recover to shrug off damage and Safeguard to block status attacks. This 'weird defense thing' is what lets it sitt in for two or three CMs and then rip through your opponent's team. :O

Anyways, I'm not that fond of either lati...they're really pretty equal to me, so neither.

Last edited:

Rainfall

~Solitude
    Years
  • I have no idea why, but I like Latios better. I guess it's because I got Ruby version before I got Sapphire. I dunno...but they're both pretty cool. Latios is cool, and Latias is cute!

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
  • Well i think as the movie pokemon heroes has prooven, Latios appears to be the best stat based out of the two as well as having a much better appearance. Despite this i actually think that Latias is my favourite out of the two as for me its just more appealing and the fact that i own pokemon sapphire where i was able to catch a Latias.

~Kipper~

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    I like Latios more. Yeah, for no reason...again.

Back