ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread

Old April 22nd, 2013 (3:40 PM).
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dondon151 View Post
    This is not correct for a few reasons:

1. Bulbapedia says that received Pokemon (at least in FireRed) have a fixed gender
    2. Some of the nicknames given to received Pokemon have very strong feminine or masculine connotations, so it doesn't make sense that the received Pokemon's gender isn't fixed
    3. I just traded a female Onix for a male Sudowoodo in my edited ROM.

Thanks for trying to help, though.
    From my knowledge, I would say that it is randomly based on a givepokemon script. However, I have three more theorys:

1) A pokemon is created in slot one of where the opossing trainer's pokemon are stored during a battle. This pokemon is created and then nicknamed and then put in your party.

2) The pokemon is given to you, and then the game edits the nickname and gives it the proper hold item.

3) The whole pokemon's data is stored in the rom somewhere and it is just copied into your party.

If you could discover which it is, then you could manipulate the checksum and PID to force it to be a certain gender using ASM, or in the last case, just changeing some hex bytes.

As I said, these are just theorys, but one of them has got to work.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by theChief View Post
    Is there a way to disable fly for an area via a script? For example:
    you're in a town that is overrun by enemy team grunts, you need to fight your way through them and can't use fly to escape for whatever reason. However, when you return to the area later, the grunts are gone and you can fly there again.

Is there a way to do this? Or am I better off just leaving it? I know how to make the grunts disappear etc Oh an I'll be hacking Emerald.

Also, is it possible to do a double battle with an allied trainer? Like with lance in the team rocket hideout in G/S/C??
    Well, to prevent leaving the town by fly, you could run a map script which, when a flag is set (grunts are in the town) uses a simple ASM routine (very, very simple actually) to change the maps type for the time being to indoor. Then you can't fly!

To prevent people from flying to the town, you need to clear the map flags associated with the fly location of said town, which you can reset later.

I have no idea about the battle, but I think not.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ksiazek Bartlomiej View Post
    I Renew my questions about.

1. Add Pokedex Entries for Empty Place Holders (252-276)
    2. Add New Cry Pointers for Empty Place Holders.

But This time i want add it to Pokemon Emerald.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
    And the answer is the same as the one I gave before. Emerald uses almost exactly the same code as Ruby and Sapphire to operate the Pokédex.
    Jambo, I love you:p, lol.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rervilo View Post
    Hi there, I started a Rom Hack a while ago (Ruby) and I recently ran into a bit of a problem.

When viewing my maps in Advanced Map they all display correctly but when playing the Rom a lot of the colours seem to be messed up and I've tried everything I can think of short of restarting from an earlier backup.

Any ideas what might be going on?
    I believe that you may have corrupted the map palettes, which you can restore, but it will take some time and effort. The best and easiest way is to go back to a back-up and make them quite frequently.

Paired with Simba

Relevant Advertising!

Old April 22nd, 2013 (7:32 PM).

Is there a way to make a scenery with a picture covering the whole screen of a Pokemon Emerald? Like the usage of pokepic script but covering the whole screen or making the pokepic box larger?
      Old April 22nd, 2013 (11:38 PM). Edited April 22nd, 2013 by Jambo51.
      Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by yozzyurubuza View Post
        Is there a way to make a scenery with a picture covering the whole screen of a Pokemon Emerald? Like the usage of pokepic script but covering the whole screen or making the pokepic box larger?
        No, not without some complex ASM. Showpokepic uses sprites, the maximum size of which is 64x64 pixels on a GBA.

The only way to do such a thing involves tile sets and tile maps and some ASM to control its display.
        Old April 22nd, 2013 (11:56 PM).

Nature: Quirky
          Quote:
          No, not without some complex ASM. Showpokepic uses sprites, the maximum size of which is 64x64 pixels on a GBA.

The only way to do such a thing involves tile sets and tile maps and some ASM to control its display.
          It's also possible for FR right?

Old April 23rd, 2013 (12:58 AM).
          ur mum

Nature: Lonely
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
            It's also possible for FR right?
            Yes it is, by the use of cutscenes. Use this tut from Spherical Ice, http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=280558.

I do think it's possible for emerald if you're just gonna do what Spherical Ice did with FireRed. You can replace the diploma screen and the rest goes on.
            Old April 23rd, 2013 (1:36 AM).

Ah yes I have a copy of that page in here with me. Even the one about adding 255 Diplomas. But can't we do something like display them order to make an illusion of animation without the press of a button?

Like this:
              Display diploma1
              Display diploma2
              etc.

Just without pressing a button.

Old April 23rd, 2013 (1:43 AM).
              ur mum

Nature: Lonely
                Quote:
                Ah yes I have a copy of that page in here with me. Even the one about adding 255 Diplomas. But can't we do something like display them order to make an illusion of animation without the press of a button?

Like this:
                Display diploma1
                Display diploma2
                etc.

Huh, what do you mean by without pressing a button? How are you gonna activate something without pressing something.
                Old April 23rd, 2013 (1:44 AM).

Like this:
                  Display diploma1
                  Display diploma2
                  etc.

Old April 23rd, 2013 (4:18 AM).

Won't a script event when the player steps on that block activate it?
                    Old April 23rd, 2013 (5:35 AM).

Quote:

Like this:
                      Display diploma1
                      Display diploma2
                      etc.

Well, you would need to rewrite the routine which displays the diploma to loop through, each time bringing up a new image. Most likely would require some type of ASM.

Paired with Simba
                      Old April 23rd, 2013 (6:02 AM).
                      The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
                        Hello guys, I need some help. I made a simple talking script for my hack. When I open the game with VBA, talking to that person does nothing. But when I open the game with No$Gba, the script successfully works.

Old April 23rd, 2013 (6:17 AM).

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                          Well, you would need to rewrite the routine which displays the diploma to loop through, each time bringing up a new image. Most likely would require some type of ASM.
                          Okay Thanks!

NEW QUESTIONS!
                          1) Is it possible to make an item that will let you access BILL's PC with JPAN's Clean FR Patch(not the engine)? I tried special 0x3C but it will just always return me to the Start Menu.

2) Is it possible to make an item that can raise a Pokemon Stats by holding it? (Like an armor and *hit) Same conditions as the one above.

Old April 23rd, 2013 (6:51 AM).
                          Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
                            NEW QUESTIONS!
                            1) Is it possible to make an item that will let you access BILL's PC with JPAN's Clean FR Patch(not the engine)? I tried special 0x3C but it will just always return me to the Start Menu.
                            If you ran the PC script wholesale from the item it should work. Can't see any reason why not. Problem is, that means tracking down the script pointer for the behaviour byte for that tile. That's not easy.

Quote:
                            2) Is it possible to make an item that can raise a Pokemon Stats by holding it? (Like an armor and *hit) Same conditions as the one above.
                            Yes, but it's complex and would require a fair bit of ASM and knowledge of the battle engine.
                            Old April 23rd, 2013 (8:02 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
                              Quote:
                              Well, to prevent leaving the town by fly, you could run a map script which, when a flag is set (grunts are in the town) uses a simple ASM routine (very, very simple actually) to change the maps type for the time being to indoor. Then you can't fly!

To prevent people from flying to the town, you need to clear the map flags associated with the fly location of said town, which you can reset later.
                              Fantastic, thanks :D and am I right in thinking that you can set where you go when you lose a battle with asm, too? I think I'll be spending my time learning ASM for the next few weeks xD
                              Old April 23rd, 2013 (8:43 AM). Edited April 23rd, 2013 by karatekid552.

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by theChief View Post
                                Fantastic, thanks :D and am I right in thinking that you can set where you go when you lose a battle with asm, too? I think I'll be spending my time learning ASM for the next few weeks xD
                                This one is quite simple: it is a scripting command called "sethealingplace". Look it up in one of the XSE tutorials, since I am too lazy:p.

Never mind.....
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by thethethethe
                                sethealingplace:
                                Sets the place where the player is warped to once he or she is out of usable Pokemon.
                                Hex Structure: [9F] [xxyy]
                                xxyy: Place.
                                Codes only for FR/LG
                                [0100] - Map [4.0] or Player's Home
                                [0200] - Map [5.4] or Viridian City Pokemon Center
                                [0300] - Map [6.5] or Pewter City Pokemon Center
                                [0400] - Map [7.3] or Cerulean City Pokemon Center
                                [0500] - Map [8.0] or Lavender Town Pokemon Center
                                [0600] - Map [9.1] or Vermillion City Pokemon Center
                                [0700] - Map [10.12] or Celadon City Pokemon Center
                                [0800] - Map [11.5] or Fushia City Pokemon Center
                                [0900] - Map [12.5] or Cinnabar Island Pokemon Center
                                [0A00] - Map [13.0] or Indigo Plateau
                                [0B00] - Map [14.6] or Saffron City Pokemon Center
                                [0C00] - Map [16.0] or Mt. Moon Pokemon Center
                                [0D00] - Map [21.0] or Rock Tunnel Pokemon Center
                                [0E00] - Map [32.0] or One Island Pokemon Center
                                [0F00] - Map [33.2] or Two Island Pokemon Center
                                [1000] - Map [34.1] or Three Island Pokemon Center
                                [1100] - Map [35.1] or Four Island Pokemon Center
                                [1200] - Map [36.0] or Five Island Pokemon Center
                                [1300] - Map [31.3] or Seven Island Pokemon Center
                                [1400] - Map [37.0] or Six Island Pokemon Center
                                Quote:
                                If you ran the PC script wholesale from the item it should work. Can't see any reason why not. Problem is, that means tracking down the script pointer for the behaviour byte for that tile. That's not easy.
                                JPAN's clean patch removed all scripts too, so I'm pretty sure the PC script was removed too.

Robin: If you can find it in a regular clean FR rom, you could just recompile it back into your rom. It isn't that hard to find, just takes some creativity. I've done it on Ruby.

Paired with Simba
                                Old April 23rd, 2013 (10:03 AM).
                                Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
                                  JPAN's clean patch removed all scripts too, so I'm pretty sure the PC script was removed too.
                                  Surely he wouldn't have removed scripts like this which would inherently break the game? Only people with ASM nous would be able to replace them, which is inherently very unfair. You may be right, but if so, then that patch is one of the worst patches available.
                                  Old April 23rd, 2013 (2:13 PM). Edited April 23rd, 2013 by karatekid552.

Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                    Quote:
                                    Surely he wouldn't have removed scripts like this which would inherently break the game? Only people with ASM nous would be able to replace them, which is inherently very unfair. You may be right, but if so, then that patch is one of the worst patches available.
                                    Here; I shall find the script in a clean rom and then search for it in his hacked engine (just for anyone who doesn't know, the hacked engine is based on the clean patch).

It is just a regular script, so it really doesn't take asm to write. Just a knowledge of all of the specials.

Edit: On a clean FR rom, the PC script is at 0x1A6963. Now I shall search for it in the cleaned rom.

Edit2: Jambo, I was semi-wrong, it does exist in the game at said offset. However, it is only 156 lines. The script in the regular FR rom is 238 lines. So, I don't know what exactly was removed.... Probably those lines and small snippets of code which are used often by many different scripts.

Edit3: The entire section where you can check your pokedex and all related strings and small code snippets that go along with it have been removed. Did JPAN mess with the specials that deal with this so he took a precaution on it? Or do you think those parts were shared with other scripts?

Edit4: Here are both scripts to save some time:
                                    Spoiler:
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Clean FireRed Rom
                                    Code:
                                    '---------------
                                    #org 0x1A6963
                                    lockall
                                    checkflag 0x841
                                    if 0x1 goto 0x81A698E
                                    setvar 0x8004 0x1B
                                    special 0x17D
                                    setvar 0x8004 0x0
                                    special 0xD6
                                    sound 0x4
                                    msgbox 0x81A5075 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[player] booted up the PC."
                                    goto 0x81A6998

'---------------
                                    #org 0x1A698E
                                    msgbox 0x81A1390 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"The usual PC services aren't\navai..."
                                    releaseall
                                    end

'---------------
                                    #org 0x1A6998
                                    preparemsg 0x81A508A '"Which PC should be accessed?"
                                    waitmsg
                                    special 0x106
                                    waitstate
                                    goto 0x81A69A8

'---------------
                                    #org 0x1A69A8
                                    copyvar 0x8000 LASTRESULT
                                    compare 0x8000 0x0
                                    if 0x1 goto 0x81A6A05
                                    compare 0x8000 0x1
                                    if 0x1 goto 0x81A69F0
                                    compare 0x8000 0x2
                                    if 0x1 goto 0x81A6A7A
                                    compare 0x8000 0x3
                                    if 0x1 goto 0x81A6A56
                                    compare 0x8000 0x4
                                    if 0x1 goto 0x81A6A46
                                    compare 0x8000 0x7F
                                    if 0x1 goto 0x81A6A46
                                    end

'---------------
                                    #org 0x1A6A05
                                    sound 0x2
                                    checkflag 0x834
                                    if 0x0 call 0x81A6A34
                                    checkflag 0x834
                                    if 0x1 call 0x81A6A3D
                                    msgbox 0x81A50BE MSG_KEEPOPEN '"POKéMON Storage System opened."
                                    special 0x3C
                                    waitstate
                                    setvar 0x8004 0x1B
                                    special 0x17D
                                    goto 0x81A6998

'---------------
                                    #org 0x1A69F0
                                    sound 0x2
                                    msgbox 0x81A50DD MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Accessed [player]'s PC."
                                    special 0xFA
                                    waitstate
                                    goto 0x81A6998

'---------------
                                    #org 0x1A6A7A
                                    checkflag 0x829
                                    if 0x0 goto 0x81A6A46
                                    sound 0x2
                                    msgbox 0x81A5BC6 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Accessed PROF. OAK's PC[.]\pAccess..."
                                    msgbox 0x81A5C03 MSG_YESNO '"Would you like to have your\nPOKéD..."
                                    compare LASTRESULT 0x0
                                    if 0x1 goto 0x81A6AB2
                                    setflag 0x2FF
                                    call 0x81A73E0
                                    clearflag 0x2FF
                                    goto 0x81A6AB2

'---------------
                                    #org 0x1A6A56
                                    checkflag 0x82C
                                    if 0x0 goto 0x81A6A46
                                    sound 0x2
                                    setvar 0x8004 0x1F
                                    special 0x17E
                                    special 0x17D
                                    special 0x107
                                    waitstate
                                    special 0x17F
                                    goto 0x81A69A8

'---------------
                                    #org 0x1A6A46
                                    setvar 0x8004 0x0
                                    sound 0x3
                                    special 0xD7
                                    special 0x190
                                    releaseall
                                    end

'---------------
                                    #org 0x1A6A34
                                    msgbox 0x81A50A7 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Accessed Someone's PC."
                                    return

'---------------
                                    #org 0x1A6A3D
                                    msgbox 0x81A50EF MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Accessed BILL's PC."
                                    return

'---------------
                                    #org 0x1A6AB2
                                    msgbox 0x81A5C2E MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Closed link to PROF. OAK's PC."
                                    goto 0x81A6998

'---------------
                                    #org 0x1A73E0
                                    setvar 0x8004 0x1F
                                    special 0x17E
                                    special 0x17D
                                    setvar 0x8004 0x0
                                    special2 LASTRESULT 0xD4
                                    copyvar 0x8008 0x8005
                                    copyvar 0x8009 0x8006
                                    copyvar 0x800A LASTRESULT
                                    buffernumber 0x0 0x8008
                                    buffernumber 0x1 0x8009
                                    msgbox 0x81A6CA3 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"The amount of progress you've made..."
                                    checkflag 0x2FF
                                    if 0x0 call 0x81A746D
                                    call 0x81A73B6
                                    compare 0x800A 0x0
                                    if 0x1 goto 0x81A748F
                                    setvar 0x8004 0x1
                                    special2 LASTRESULT 0xD4
                                    copyvar 0x8008 0x8005
                                    copyvar 0x8009 0x8006
                                    buffernumber 0x0 0x8008
                                    buffernumber 0x1 0x8009
                                    msgbox 0x81A71AA MSG_KEEPOPEN '"And your NATIONAL POKéDEX is:\p[bu..."
                                    special2 LASTRESULT 0x1B0
                                    compare LASTRESULT 0x0
                                    if 0x1 goto 0x81A7470
                                    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                                    if 0x1 goto 0x81A747E
                                    end

'---------------
                                    #org 0x1A746D
                                    textcolor 0x0
                                    return

'---------------
                                    #org 0x1A73B6
                                    copyvar 0x8004 0x8009
                                    special 0xD5
                                    waitmsg
                                    compare LASTRESULT 0x0
                                    if 0x1 call 0x81A73D8
                                    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                                    if 0x1 call 0x81A73DC
                                    waitfanfare
                                    waitkeypress
                                    return

'---------------
                                    #org 0x1A748F
                                    special 0x17F
                                    return

'---------------
                                    #org 0x1A7470
                                    msgbox 0x81A71EE MSG_KEEPOPEN '"I'll be looking forward to seeing\..."
                                    goto 0x81A748F

'---------------
                                    #org 0x1A747E
                                    setflag 0x2F4
                                    msgbox 0x81A722F MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Finally[.]\pYou've finally complet..."
                                    goto 0x81A748F

'---------------
                                    #org 0x1A73D8
                                    fanfare 0x13D
                                    return

'---------------
                                    #org 0x1A73DC
                                    fanfare 0x103
                                    return

'---------
                                    ' Strings
                                    '---------
                                    #org 0x1A5075
                                    = [player] booted up the PC.

#org 0x1A1390
                                    = The usual PC services aren't\navailable[.]

#org 0x1A508A
                                    = Which PC should be accessed?

#org 0x1A50BE
                                    = POKéMON Storage System opened.

#org 0x1A50DD
                                    = Accessed [player]'s PC.

#org 0x1A5BC6
                                    = Accessed PROF. OAK's PC[.]\pAccessed the POKéDEX Rating\nSystem[.]

#org 0x1A5C03
                                    = Would you like to have your\nPOKéDEX rated?

#org 0x1A50A7
                                    = Accessed Someone's PC.

#org 0x1A50EF
                                    = Accessed BILL's PC.

#org 0x1A5C2E
                                    = Closed link to PROF. OAK's PC.

#org 0x1A6CA3
                                    = The amount of progress you've made\non your POKéDEX is:\p[buffer1] POKéMON seen and\n[buffer2] POKéMON owned.\p\c\h06ÁPROF. OAK's rating:

#org 0x1A71AA
                                    = And your NATIONAL POKéDEX is:\p[buffer1] POKéMON seen and\n[buffer2] POKéMON owned.

#org 0x1A71EE
                                    = I'll be looking forward to seeing\nyou fill the NATIONAL POKéDEX!

#org 0x1A722F
                                    = Finally[.]\pYou've finally completed the\nPOKéDEX!\pIt's magnificent!\nTruly, this is a fantastic feat!
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by v1.1 JPAN's Hacked Engine
                                    Code:
                                    '---------------
                                    #org 0x1A6963
                                    lockall
                                    checkflag 0x841
                                    if 0x1 goto 0x81A698E
                                    setvar 0x8004 0x1B
                                    special 0x17D
                                    setvar 0x8004 0x0
                                    special 0xD6
                                    sound 0x4
                                    msgbox 0x81A5075 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[player] booted up the PC."
                                    goto 0x81A6998

'---------------
                                    #org 0x1A698E
                                    msgbox 0x81A6BD0 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"The usual PC services aren't\navai..."
                                    releaseall
                                    end

'---------------
                                    #org 0x1A6998
                                    preparemsg 0x81A508A '"Which PC should be accessed?"
                                    waitmsg
                                    special 0x106
                                    waitstate
                                    goto 0x81A69A8

'---------------
                                    #org 0x1A69A8
                                    copyvar 0x8000 LASTRESULT
                                    compare 0x8000 0x0
                                    if 0x1 goto 0x81A6A05
                                    compare 0x8000 0x1
                                    if 0x1 goto 0x81A69F0
                                    compare 0x8000 0x2
                                    if 0x1 goto 0x81A6A7A
                                    compare 0x8000 0x3
                                    if 0x1 goto 0x81A6A56
                                    compare 0x8000 0x4
                                    if 0x1 goto 0x81A6A46
                                    compare 0x8000 0x7F
                                    if 0x1 goto 0x81A6A46
                                    end

'---------------
                                    #org 0x1A6A05
                                    sound 0x2
                                    checkflag 0x834
                                    if 0x0 call 0x81A6A34
                                    checkflag 0x834
                                    if 0x1 call 0x81A6A3D
                                    msgbox 0x81A50BE MSG_KEEPOPEN '"POKéMON Storage System opened."
                                    special 0x3C
                                    waitstate
                                    setvar 0x8004 0x1B
                                    special 0x17D
                                    goto 0x81A6998

'---------------
                                    #org 0x1A69F0
                                    sound 0x2
                                    msgbox 0x81A50DD MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Accessed [player]'s PC."
                                    special 0xFA
                                    waitstate
                                    goto 0x81A6998

'---------------
                                    #org 0x1A6A7A
                                    checkflag 0x829
                                    if 0x0 goto 0x81A6A46
                                    sound 0x2
                                    msgbox 0x81A5BC6 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Accessed PROF. OAK's PC[.]\pAccess..."
                                    msgbox 0x81A5C03 MSG_YESNO '"Would you like to have your\nPOKéD..."
                                    compare LASTRESULT 0x0
                                    if 0x1 goto 0x81A6AB2
                                    setflag 0x2FF
                                    call 0x81A73E0
                                    clearflag 0x2FF
                                    goto 0x81A6AB2

'---------------
                                    #org 0x1A6A56
                                    checkflag 0x82C
                                    if 0x0 goto 0x81A6A46
                                    sound 0x2
                                    setvar 0x8004 0x1F
                                    special 0x17E
                                    special 0x17D
                                    special 0x107
                                    waitstate
                                    special 0x17F
                                    goto 0x81A69A8

'---------------
                                    #org 0x1A6A46
                                    setvar 0x8004 0x0
                                    sound 0x3
                                    special 0xD7
                                    special 0x190
                                    releaseall
                                    end

'---------------
                                    #org 0x1A6A34
                                    msgbox 0x81A50A7 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Accessed Someone's PC."
                                    return

'---------------
                                    #org 0x1A6A3D
                                    msgbox 0x81A50EF MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Accessed BILL's PC."
                                    return

'---------------
                                    #org 0x1A6AB2
                                    msgbox 0x81A5C2E MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Closed link to PROF. OAK's PC."
                                    goto 0x81A6998

'---------------
                                    #org 0x1A73E0
                                    waitmsg
                                    yesnobox 0x14 0x8
                                    return

'---------
                                    ' Strings
                                    '---------
                                    #org 0x1A5075
                                    = [player] booted up the PC.

#org 0x1A6BD0
                                    = The usual PC services aren't\navailable[.]

#org 0x1A508A
                                    = Which PC should be accessed?

#org 0x1A50BE
                                    = POKéMON Storage System opened.

#org 0x1A50DD
                                    = Accessed [player]'s PC.

#org 0x1A5BC6
                                    = Accessed PROF. OAK's PC[.]\pAccessed the POKéDEX Rating\nSystem[.]

#org 0x1A5C03
                                    = Would you like to have your\nPOKéDEX rated?

#org 0x1A50A7
                                    = Accessed Someone's PC.

#org 0x1A50EF
                                    = Accessed BILL's PC.

#org 0x1A5C2E
                                    = Closed link to PROF. OAK's PC.

Paired with Simba
                                    Old April 23rd, 2013 (3:46 PM).

Quote:
                                      Here; I shall find the script in a clean rom and then search for it in his hacked engine (just for anyone who doesn't know, the hacked engine is based on the clean patch).

It is just a regular script, so it really doesn't take asm to write. Just a knowledge of all of the specials.

Edit: On a clean FR rom, the PC script is at 0x1A6963. Now I shall search for it in the cleaned rom.

Edit2: Jambo, I was semi-wrong, it does exist in the game at said offset. However, it is only 156 lines. The script in the regular FR rom is 238 lines. So, I don't know what exactly was removed.... Probably those lines and small snippets of code which are used often by many different scripts.

Edit3: The entire section where you can check your pokedex and all related strings and small code snippets that go along with it have been removed. Did JPAN mess with the specials that deal with this so he took a precaution on it? Or do you think those parts were shared with other scripts?

Edit4: Here are both scripts to save some time:
                                      Spoiler:

Well it was included in one of the notes included in JPAN's Hacked Engine

Spoiler:
                                      Quote:
                                      table entries
                                      81 --> 1a7606 (bookshelf)
                                      82 --> 1a760f (market shelves)
                                      83 --> 1a6955 (pc script)

85 --> 1a6c32 (town map)
                                      86 --> 1A764E (tv script)
                                      87 --> 1A76E7 (pokecenter)

88 --> 1A76DE (pokemart)
                                      89 --> 1A7657 (cabinet)
                                      8a --> 1A7660 (cooking range)
                                      8b --> 1A7669 (dresser)

8c --> 1A7672 (snacks)
                                      8d --> 1BBFD8 (wireless)
                                      8e --> 1BB8A7 (not available)
                                      8f --> 1A7702 (questionaire)

90 --> 1a7618 (fridge)
                                      91 --> 1A76F0 (indigo plateu)
                                      92 --> 1A76F9 (indigo plateau 2)
                                      93 --> 1a763c (blueprint)

94 --> 1A767B (pokemon pictures)
                                      95 --> 1A7684 (complex machine)
                                      96 --> 1A768D (telephone)
                                      97 --> 1A762A (complex numbers)

98 --> 1A7696 (ads)
                                      99 --> 1A769F (tasty food)
                                      9a --> 1A76A8 (trash can)
                                      9b --> 1A76B1 (cup)

9c (removed)
                                      9d (removed)
                                      9e --> 1A76CC (lights)
                                      9f --> 1A76D5 (tools)

A0 --> 1a7633 (random machine)
                                      A1 --> 1A7621 (consoles)
                                      a2 --> 1A7645 (robbery)
                                      a3 --> 1C549C (timer)*/

But this is if you apply the Behavior Byte Hack of the tool.

Does it run smoothly even without the Pokedex Thing? The script you found?

Well, another question. Which is better to use FR Clean or Hacked Engine?

Old April 23rd, 2013 (4:03 PM).

Quote:
                                        Well it was included in one of the notes included in JPAN's Hacked Engine

But this is if you apply the Behavior Byte Hack of the tool.

Does it run smoothly even without the Pokedex Thing? The script you found?

Well, another question. Which is better to use FR Clean or Hacked Engine?
                                        If you click on Professor Oak's PC, then it just says "link closed" if you choose to rate your pokedex. Otherwise, it works fine.

It depends: Do you want the features offered by the Engine? If so, then take it. If not, just use the clean one.

Also, that problem you (?) had, where the player was always fishing, I'm getting that. It only happens when you use already saved save files. It doesn't occur when just starting a new game.

Paired with Simba
                                        Old April 23rd, 2013 (4:12 PM).
                                        BlackWhiteRobin BlackWhiteRobin is offline

Quote:
                                          If you click on Professor Oak's PC, then it just says "link closed" if you choose to rate your pokedex. Otherwise, it works fine.
                                          Okay.

Quote:
                                          It depends: Do you want the features offered by the Engine? If so, then take it. If not, just use the clean one.
                                          Maybe it's better to use the Hacked Engine.

Quote:
                                          Also, that problem you (?) had, where the player was always fishing, I'm getting that. It only happens when you use already saved save files. It doesn't occur when just starting a new game.
                                          That's what I said. I have problems when playing it with a saved game.

Old April 23rd, 2013 (4:24 PM).

Quote:
                                            That's what I said. I have problems when playing it with a saved game.
                                            Looking at DavidJCobb's posts and JPAN's instruction manual, the vars used for his runtime trainer customization are vars which were previously used for scripted events that have been removed (vars 4080-408F). So, they must have been set to something else which is what caused the problems with the sprites. Just reset those to 00 and they should work fine.

Paired with Simba
                                            Old April 23rd, 2013 (6:04 PM).
                                            kearnseyboy6 kearnseyboy6 is offline
                                            Aussie's Toughest Mudder

When I use trainerbattle 0x01 in a script the DNS by Primediagla stops working after the battle, until you enter and exit a house. Any reason why? trainerbattle 0x0 works fine however .
                                              Old April 23rd, 2013 (6:42 PM).
                                              The Fennekin Fan!

Since my question was on the last post of the last page, I think it got skipped. So I will post it again-

Hello guys, I need some help. I made a simple talking script for my hack. When I open the game with VBA, talking to that person does nothing. But when I open the game with No$Gba, the script successfully works.

Old April 23rd, 2013 (6:58 PM). Edited April 23rd, 2013 by Kurapika.
                                                Grudgebearer

Location: Lavendar Town - Morocco
                                                  Nature: Naughty
                                                  ^ I don't think you will get a good help if you don't post the script here!

My question is: Is there a way to increase the shinies encounter chance? How about if I want to give a certain trainer a Shiny Pokémon?
                                                  EDIT: Also, sorry for asking too many times. >.< But, is it possible to make a battle not send you to the Pokécenter if you lose? ... The only way I can do it so far, is using that 0x9 battle (or was it 0x3?) the one where the wild Professor Oak annoys you with his boring talk. lol
                                                  Anyway, I don't think it would be easy to be done if it was possible... So, is it possible to make a script that does some Hex editing? To allow me to, say, edit the description/effect/...etc of a Move and such.
                                                  Old April 23rd, 2013 (7:04 PM).
                                                  The Fennekin Fan!

There is no problem with the script because it works fine in No$Gba. The problem is that the script doesn't works in VBA.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply