• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen berry be gone?

Years
  • umm...yeh... i played ruby a while and beat it and all, and i planted a bunch of my berries and stuff, and then after like maybe 2 weeks or less or more, i started it up again, and i went to look for berries, and found out that none of my berries were there, none just starting to grow, none fullygrown or anything. does anyone now why it happened, or did it happen to them?

Years
  • There's a time in the game, if you play it, the berries grow. Or if you're using a rom... they won't grow.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Don't you have to water them with the Wailmer Pail that you can get from that flower lady south of Rustboro?

Winter2424242

Androgynous Role-Player
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jun 19, 2005
    It's the berry bug, isn't it? After a year of playing, berries stop growing.
    The fix for it was in the bonus disc that came with Coliseum when you preordered it, and will also be in Fire Red/Leaf Green, and can be worked when linking the two games together.

Winter2424242

Androgynous Role-Player
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jun 19, 2005
    Mewther said:
    Maybe it is.. How long have you played the game??

I've personally had my game since it came out, and only recently for me have the berries stopped growing. I asked around about it, found that information, found how to fix it. Unfortunately, I missed the preorder disc, so now I have to wait for FRLG to come here so I can get my berries growing again. :/

Winter2424242

Androgynous Role-Player
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jun 19, 2005
    Mewther said:
    Yeah, I have the berry thing too.. and I have to wait til FR/LG comes out to..
    :'( haha

At least I already planned to get at least one of those games. If I didn't want one, really, it would suck to be forced to buy one just to fix the problem in my Sapphire game.

Winter2424242

Androgynous Role-Player
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jun 19, 2005
    Bah. I don't know anyone in my city that even plays Pokemon, let alone someone who will buy that game and let me use the fix.

I know there must be people, but none of them are my friends. :p

Nah, I want Leaf Green anyway, and it's worthwhile for me to invest in a link cable, so my problems will be all solved once Leaf Green is released in North America.

Years
  • OK, getting off topic there...

Anyways, certain berries require lots of attention. Most will regrow if you don't pick them after a certain amount of time. But the more rare berries, they'll regrow only a few times or once or not at all, so take good care of them!

Winter2424242

Androgynous Role-Player
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jun 19, 2005
    Mewther said:
    Do berries grow when you don't play the game??

Yes. But if you don't pick them on time, they drop off, and start growing again right from the beginning. They'll keep doing that til you pick them.

Years
  • lol ok , i only had my game since march2nd ( my bday) this year... and i didnt stop for too long, they iddnt stop growing, they al just disappeared. and thats all.

Back