Archive January 2006 to April 2008 Second archival of the Game Development forums. Contains locked threads from between January 2006 to April 2008, and threads between this period that have been inactive for the last 120 days (since 26th April 2008).

Draconius GO

Old May 18th, 2007 (5:41 PM). Edited May 21st, 2007 by DarkDoom3000.
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
    Pokemon Illusion
    By Darkdoom3000 (Raonak)

My Introduction.
    Spoiler:
    A couple of years ago I made a project, called Pokemon Illusion..It was made in RPGmaker2003. I had made a whole Region, a battle system a storage and a pokedex system, Then I started working on a second region. Johto, which is now complete. Even though the game was basically complete, there are lots of little bugs, and spelling errors, probally because this was a one man game, I made everything myself. I had no team neither did I want one.

Well I had gotten tired of fixing all errors and glitches so I quit. My computer then had to get Re-formatted...twice. So my copy of the game was gone...2 Weeks ago I found my website, and I found that the game was still up. I decided to play it...I got hooked , I needed to fix up all these glitches and what not..Pokemon Illusion Has Returned...

Storyline
    Spoiler:
    You lived in the region of Kanto, Pallet Town.
    One day a earthquake hit only 24 people died...

The government said that they could go live in the region of Raska
    the residents of Pallet moved to Mellaphe Town, in the Raska Region.

You are now 13 years old, your mother asks professor oak if you can have a Pokemon, he says yes!

After getting 3 badges you stumble upon the Team Rocket Base!

Gary tells you that Team Rocket are trying to make Pure Illusionie( PI )
    out of Raw Illusionite

Illusionite is a extremely rare rock. Legend says when you Purify Illusionite
    you will make Pure Illusionite!!

Which if used on Pokemon can make illusions in their mind. they will go berserk or even become evil!

Though Team Rocket haven't found out how to Purify it!
    You and Gary team up ad defeat Team Rocket

You get your 4th badge and find Team Rocket
    They want to know how to Purify it by trying to kidnap Professor Lex!( one of Oaks friends )
    they think he knows how to Purify it!
    You stop them again!

Team rocket will stop at nothing!

Features:(all features complete that have a * by them.
    *3 Diffrent Versions- Red, Blue and Green, ehy do what they do in the oraginals, change the pokemon, and change some stuff, like the color of your bedroom walls and other stuff...
    *All pokemon AvalibleYou can get all pokemon one way or the other...
    *Clothes Changing SystemChange your clothes into diffrent colours or change your apperence, from darth vader to a Pac-Man
    *New Style Battle SystemNow you fight instead of your pokemon, hate it or love it, illusion will always have it.
    *Pokegear-A fully working pokegear with lots of fretures..like Trainer Card, Quest Finder, Phone and many more stuff.
    *Pokedex-It has all generations of pokemon in it, though you can only view the pokemon you have caught.
    *Storage system- a big working storage system, only one of each pokemon.
    *Multiple Regions-Yes multiple!!! Raska And Johto, also theres little bits of Kanto and Hoenn, you can also visit the Sevii Islands from Fire Red!!

Plus Many More features..

Completion::

Mapping:
    Raska Region: 100%
    Jotoh Region: 100%
    Kanto Region: 10%(not known if it will be full region.)
    Hoenn Region: 2%(for now only littleroot and meteor falls will be there.)
    Sevii Islands: 70%(all islands are done, but have been shrunk, most caves, forests and routes removed)

Screenshots::

The intro
    Spoiler:

A little slideshow thing.
    Spoiler:

Route 29
    Spoiler:

Pokezoo
    Spoiler:

A double Battle and team rocket!
    Spoiler:

A bit of the clothes changing system:MEGAMAN!
    Spoiler:

The Pokegear!
    Spoiler:

Download the Game from here::http://www.pokemonillusion.bravehost.com/index.html

Relevant Advertising!

Old May 20th, 2007 (12:46 PM).
    The road goes ever on and on!

I just played the Demo and well...It just seems a bit rushed. The CBS needs a lot of improving. Your Pokemon isn't released for starters, the wild enemy attacks the trainer instead of the Pokemon and finally the moving background gives you a headache.

Also your mapping needs improving, it seems you've placed everything randomly on the screen, like the first room is covered in those weird...thingies XD.

Finnaly the NPC's, and you! Move way to fast, you need to slow them down a bit. Other then that the game is coming on well. I love the introduction!

Staff on the following Projects:
      Pokemon: Rise of Oblivion. - Spriter.

Project History:
      Pokemon: Legend of Articuno.
      May 16th 2006 - July 4th 2006. Deceased.

Old May 20th, 2007 (12:54 PM).
      -

Eh... I must agree Tiger778, some of your tiles in your maps are placed randomly...

I left this community.

Soeur: Midori-Chi Soeur: Virtual Headache
        Connaissance: mewthreew/armor
        Old May 20th, 2007 (1:59 PM).
        Fire TRainer

As i said before, the game is awsome!! hope you finish it! and try putting some diamond and pearl sprites! if u need anything just talk with me on msn! good luck
          Cya

The Return Of Bruno1440!
          Old May 20th, 2007 (5:16 PM).
          Let's all get along, please?
          • Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
          I have to agree with the other comments about the game seeming rushed, unfinished, etc. Still, I must say one thing. This is THE MOST COMPLETE homebrew Pokemon fangame that I've seen a demo for. So, despite the bad comments, if you can smooth it out and get it working, it could be one of the first, if not the FIRST complete Pokemon homebrew game here on Pokecommunity. At least the first I've seen. (Sorry to those other project creators, but I still haven't seen a more complete demo from you guys. Probably because you're trying to get everthing perfect before really working on the game itself.)

Glitchfinder's Scripts

Old May 20th, 2007 (5:35 PM).
          Just call me Ryan

Nature: Adamant
            OMG DarkDoom you brought Pokemon Illusion back!! I remember the days where I always got hooked on this

none the less, you have just made a kid on these forums very happy :D

MAKE IT BETTER AND KEEP IT GOING!! POKEMON ILLUSION LIVES FOREVER!!

Pokemon Dark, come join us today!

Pokemon Dark is currently looking to hire...

Spriter(s)
            Overworld Spriter(s)
            Storyboard Editor(s)
            Mapper(s)
            Supporters!!

If you have any other talents, and would like to help out, just PM me!
            Old May 20th, 2007 (7:37 PM).
            '04er

This looks pretty awesome! I love the clothes changing system. Looks very promising and keep up the very good work.
              Old May 20th, 2007 (8:32 PM). Edited May 21st, 2007 by DarkDoom3000.

Quote:
                I have to agree with the other comments about the game seeming rushed, unfinished, etc. Still, I must say one thing. This is THE MOST COMPLETE homebrew Pokemon fangame that I've seen a demo for. So, despite the bad comments, if you can smooth it out and get it working, it could be one of the first, if not the FIRST complete Pokemon homebrew game here on Pokecommunity. At least the first I've seen. (Sorry to those other project creators, but I still haven't seen a more complete demo from you guys. Probably because you're trying to get everthing perfect before really working on the game itself.)
                thanks, lol,

Quote:
                Eh... I must agree Tiger778, some of your tiles in your maps are placed randomly...
                If you want to know the reason scroll down.

Quote:
                good luck to yours project Pokemon Illusion
                Thanks!!

Quote:
                As i said before, the game is awsome!! hope you finish it! and try putting some diamond and pearl sprites! if u need anything just talk with me on msn! good luck
                Cya
                Thanks brouno, <- this the the guy who made me continue on illusion.
                anyway, I might be adding DP sprites, if i have the time.

Quote:
                OMG DarkDoom you brought Pokemon Illusion back!! I remember the days where I always got hooked on this

none the less, you have just made a kid on these forums very happy
                Good to hear! thanks!

MAKE IT BETTER AND KEEP IT GOING!! POKEMON ILLUSION LIVES FOREVER!!

Thanks for the comments everyone, i appreciate(sP?) it

Im playing the game to see any glitches, thich there are probally hundreds of...if you find any can you tell me, ive gotta make this as good as possible..without killing the whole thing....

In the next version im also gonna put a font fix thing...

Quote:
                I just played the Demo and well...It just seems a bit rushed. The CBS needs a lot of improving. Your Pokemon isn't released for starters, the wild enemy attacks the trainer instead of the Pokemon and finally the moving background gives you a headache.

Also your mapping needs improving, it seems you've placed everything randomly on the screen, like the first room is covered in those weird...thingies XD.

Finnaly the NPC's, and you! Move way to fast, you need to slow them down a bit. Other then that the game is coming on well. I love the introduction!
                Rushed? ive been making this for over a year..lol

The battly system isnt a CBS, its a DBS, a defult battle system of RPGmaker 2003, i didint want to make a CBs cause it takes too long, and I dont think i would have ever even completed a region doing a CBS..call me lazy if ya want. because thats wat i am.
                Dont blame me totaly though, It makes illusion diffrent than most
                fangames..and the trainers fight instead of the pokemon because When I made 365 Characters My RPGmaker froze...and i couldnt test play it.......and besides if i change it...ill have to change a lot of events..

About the randomness, well its my style..
                If you are talking about route 1:: Im trying my best to make everything look more natural..I mean pokemon are not restricted to the grass anymore, so I dont need square patches of them.. its not like theres someone going around and mowing the grass on routes.(or is there?) but ill try to make it less random...if you really care about it.

and if youre talking about the first map the room, theres books around the place cause it reflects me, my messy-ness..... But if want it neat, use the computer to change the room, including changing the room's state from messy to tidy!
                heres a screenie on it..

I always hated in the games how slow you move...I mean if you want it slow, I can provide a option in the intro for Walking speed.... and its the defult speed on RPGmaker...so ...yeah..
                Quote:
                This looks pretty awesome! I love the clothes changing system. Looks very promising and keep up the very good work.
                Yeah one of my fav features is the clothes changing...you can buy clothes from the 2nd floor of the pkmn center..

darkdoom....out!

PS: if you are stuck heres mt PI help site! it has a walkthrough!
                http://illusionhelp.bravehost.com/index.html
                Old May 21st, 2007 (12:24 AM).
                Tachikama!!!

Nature: Sassy
                  Glad to see this game in the Showcase thread again. It may not have a fancy battle system, menu, etc. but it's good at what games are meant for, fun.
                  Say, is there any plans to add the 4th gen Pokemon into the mix?

Datra: 1804 8720 6653
                  Old May 21st, 2007 (3:05 PM).

Looks pretty good! Im trying the demo, but may i ask y the pokemon are facing diagnolly?

Join rpgmakers today!
                    [/sig-disable]
                    Old May 21st, 2007 (9:12 PM). Edited May 21st, 2007 by DarkDoom3000.

Thanks, the battle system is flipped because RPGmaker 2003's battle system is that way, its how it is...

Anyway, I seperated all the Sevii Islands, so they are all now in diffrent maps, I cant remeber where in the game you obtain the sevii ticket, so if anyone gets up to there can you tell me..
                      Quote:
                      Glad to see this game in the Showcase thread again. It may not have a fancy battle system, menu, etc. but it's good at what games are meant for, fun.
                      Say, is there any plans to add the 4th gen Pokemon into the mix?
                      The 4th generation pokemon, mabye, it might take a while though...Ill need to create another region, Because stuffing in 450+ pokemon in 2 regions might not be good....mabye ill add shinno, but Ill have to play diamond first so i get the hang of the region. Who knows...

If you have any Q's or comments or critims, Post!
                      Old May 21st, 2007 (9:37 PM).

I'm glad Pokemon Illusion is back!
                        Old May 22nd, 2007 (1:27 AM).
                        Stronger than ever!

Nature: Naive
                          I have an idea how to improve your battle system. When you attack (e.g. whit charmander) than the fire attcak animation shows. You could put charmanders sprite in that attack animation before the fire shows, so it'll look like charmander is attacking whit fire not the trainer, get it.
                          Old May 22nd, 2007 (8:12 PM).

Quote:
                            I'm glad Pokemon Illusion is back!

Quote:
                            I have an idea how to improve your battle system. When you attack (e.g. whit charmander) than the fire attcak animation shows. You could put charmanders sprite in that attack animation before the fire shows, so it'll look like charmander is attacking whit fire not the trainer, get it.
                            Good idea, I had already thought of that before, I had like100 pkmn done...but i got a deadly viris, reformatting my PC as i said before...all progres was lost...

But I will start that again!, it may take a while...ill post some screenies later of the umm, 'updated' battle system
                            Ok, its on!

ALSO:: dose anyone have pictures of pokemon attacks from the game?
                            Old May 24th, 2007 (1:48 PM).
                            Banned

Nature: Lonely
                              Glad to see you brought this back! Are you going to be doing anymore phone numbers, or do you have enough? I got a few good ideas..
                              Old June 2nd, 2007 (6:17 PM).

Sorry for the lack of updates, ive been working on the battle system update....ive made about 150 done on the pics...ive just gotta animate them..

Heres a screenie of how its gonna look in battle
                                Old June 2nd, 2007 (7:17 PM).
                                Banned

Nice! but what about my question about the phone, do you have enough numbers, or should we give you some more?
                                  Old June 3rd, 2007 (3:41 AM).

Srry, bout that, i wont need any phone numbers at the moment, its fine as it is...for now.
                                    Old June 21st, 2007 (7:56 AM).
                                    On vacation

Nature: Bold
                                      This is a really good game!
                                      I downloaded version 1.1 and i really really enjoyed it! Please go on this game is sooo good.

I have a qeustion though...
                                      When i download version 1.2 i can't start it up!
                                      Please answer here or on the pokemon illusion forum
                                      Old June 21st, 2007 (11:22 AM).

It's back? Really...... *tears up* I've been waiting for this day for so long...and now that it's finally here...*dies*
                                        ~Anon
                                        Old June 22nd, 2007 (8:19 PM).
                                        Krypton-knight EX Krypton-knight EX is offline
                                        Banned

IMPRESSIVE!But I'm stuck on the first route.You should have made the wild pokemon weaker ...

Apart from that its an awsome game
                                          Old June 23rd, 2007 (7:21 PM).

all the screenies and comments look promising. Can't wait for an update, the new battle system looks good.

One question, I'm downloading, but is there save files? And if so will they work in future versions? I guess it's really not oging to work but it might because it would be a shame to start over again! Maybe if there are like save rooms that don't change with the verisons the data could be loaded in different versionss.... anyway looking good. 55% downloaded can't wait to play (my internet is so slow at the moment!!!)
                                            Old June 24th, 2007 (11:00 AM).
                                            Evilmad says Bonjour

This game looks so Good, and interesing , i'm impatient to play it(now)
                                              Old June 25th, 2007 (1:30 PM).
                                              Pandoras_Angel Pandoras_Angel is offline

So I received the HM Surf. I equipped it and everything but it still wont work. I tried pressing z next to water..I also tried selecting it after pressing 4. Still no dice. Can someone help me with this?

And yes, I got the Orin badge or w/e it is.
                                                ~Anon
                                                Old June 26th, 2007 (2:59 AM).
                                                DarkDoom3000 DarkDoom3000 is offline

Quote:
                                                  This is a really good game!
                                                  I downloaded version 1.1 and i really really enjoyed it! Please go on this game is sooo good.

I have a qeustion though...
                                                  When i download version 1.2 i can't start it up!
                                                  Please answer here or on the pokemon illusion forum
                                                  Hmm, i dont really know the answer, it downloads on mine, mabye its something to do with the cookies?

Quote:
                                                  IMPRESSIVE!But I'm stuck on the first route.You should have made the wild pokemon weaker ...

Apart from that its an awsome game
                                                  Yes they are strong, ill make them weaker in the next version, but like try to equip a good element or something...

all the screenies and comments look promising. Can't wait for an update, the new battle system looks good.

Quote:
                                                  One question, I'm downloading, but is there save files? And if so will they work in future versions? I guess it's really not oging to work but it might because it would be a shame to start over again! Maybe if there are like save rooms that don't change with the verisons the data could be loaded in different versionss.... anyway looking good. 55% downloaded can't wait to play (my internet is so slow at the moment!!!)
                                                  From what I know, the save files should work fine for all versions!, though I think using saves from 1.1 on 1.2 had a little item problem...
                                                  Quote:
                                                  So I received the HM Surf. I equipped it and everything but it still wont work. I tried pressing z next to water..I also tried selecting it after pressing 4. Still no dice. Can someone help me with this?

And yes, I got the Orin badge or w/e it is.
                                                  Well, you have to press '5' to activate surf instead of the main button. If anyone is having trouble there is a Pokemon Illusion Help site::http://illusionhelp.bravehost.com/
                                                  It has to be updated but i cant seem to remember the username for the account....But the Walkthrough goes up to
                                                  mahogany town, Jotho

Ill update later, its late, im tired....
                                                  Ill update tommorow.

See Ya!

Quick Reply