• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Am I the only one?

Sesshomaru

legendary slayer
Years
  • I feel like the new season is gonna be more about dawn than ash.
    Is it just me.

Also, when is Ash going to actually win something?
    He's been a loser almost every season now.
    (not counting Battle Frontier)

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I feel like the new season is gonna be more about dawn than ash.
    Is it just me.
    It is true that in the new season they've focused more on Hikari/Dawn than they have on Ash. She's getting more coverage than the previous characters Misty and May were getting in the new season.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Ash won the Orange Islands league. He only loses main, non-filler season leagues haha

~Misty~

*~The Tomboyish Mermaid~*
    Years
  • I also believe Dawn is getting more coverage, maybe they want to relate her to the game more...

But May never won a Grand Festival! I wish she did, her last one we saw she lost to Solidad or however you spell it!

Kuri-Chan ♪

Crystal Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2008
    About Ash losing, you can't make him perfect. Wouldn't it be boring if you knew he always won? I mean, really, making him win everything would be abnormal.

Just my 2-cents.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • I does seem like that if you do have the chance to see the eyecatchers of each episode in Japan. Dawn is in the center while Ash and Brock on on the side. I mean I don't mind a little bit more attention on Dawn but this is kinda strange to see Ash on a losing streak. He has lost before but never this long. Kinda making wonder what they have planned. Also recently Dawn has been on a losing streak and only just in the last contest she won a ribbon. Still it looks like an intresting season.

Years
  • It's good that the shows focus more on Dawn, but not at the expense of Ash.

And as for Ash losing all the time, notice how he gets rid of all of his strong Hoenn Pokemon so he can be weak again? And Pikachu goes from being a super-powerful Pokemon to being so weak Ash gets beat by the beginner trainer Paul.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Yeah, its kind of a drag that it focuses so much on here... but maybe they decided to give Ash a break from the constant spotlight.

Who knows.

Ah well.

He DOES seem to get all the attention in the movies.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Seems to me that Ash is getting replaced.

Seriously though, it probably isn't anything major. May got alot of coverage in Hoenn.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Seriously though, it probably isn't anything major. May got alot of coverage in Hoenn.
    That is true, but May's coverage wasn't as much as Dawn's so far. The story in D/P is focused quite a lot in a number of parts on Dawn herself instead of Ash.

shwoop-de-wooper

3rd gen noob, 2nd gen legend!
    Years
  • Seems to me that Ash is getting replaced.

Hopefully. I just watch it and can't see if there actually is a timeline to the anime. It just seems to me that Ash is no more mature or experieinced a trainer than he was in the Indigo League arc.

But if they do replace him as the main male character who would they replace him with? Max?

*shudder*

Dawn is awesome though and I'm glad she gets more screen time. She seems to actually develop skills wise quite quickly. Like we all do on the games unlike Ash who after 10 seasons hasn't won a main league yet and considering he has had nearly all the starters at some point is kinda ridiculous to me. >_>

Kitty!

mandi
    Years
  • It does make me kind of pissed that Dawn is getting all this screen time, even more than Ash sometimes. I mean, she should be getting the same amount of spotlight as May. That's not fair. D: *whinecryLOL*

Anyways. I still think Ash is the main character, and Dawn is just the co-star like May was. But the writers are just giving her more screentime right now. I'm sure by mid-shinou, she'll be stale as hell though, since their giving her so much screentime.

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
  • She is, it's probably becuase she was the first one in the new series so that could be it. Or maybe the camera is just tired of looking at ashes loserness xDDD I crack myself up XDD

Years
  • I think that Ash losing is due to the higher calibur of opponents, and it is good to teach kids that you wont always win.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2009
    Then there is the fact that in the anime people all over come to these leagues so these trainers have as much experiance as ash and usually the trainers that beat them are older than him so they probably have alot more experiance than him

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
  • The thing is, Ash loses to some of the lamest people ever and can still beat Gary (once). His losses and wins are so random, that's why the story sucks so bad. Make an anime adaption of the manga!!

Back