• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are forum sites against the rules?

TeamRocket

Are sites that are forums but also are sites that are more than that banned from being linked. These sites, i'd like to call hy-brid sites. Are these banned?

Simone

....... (>0_0<)
    Years
    If you are meaning a site that is a portal allowing them to intergrate it with there site, then yes it is. Because it is still a forum. A site can have a forum on it, but it has to be seperate from the website itself (not intergrated).

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    accually it depends.. if it's like nuke portal and has more content then forum (stuff) then it might be ok.. but if it's just a home page and a forum then most likely it's not allowed..

Simone

....... (>0_0<)
    Years
    Yeah, i'm talking about a VB, phpBB and Invision Board portals. I don't class PHPnuke/PostNuke as Forum portals as they have alot of other features and have more content than forum (like Steve said) ^^'.

MalafeX

Typhlosion #1 fan
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    i am using a invision board portal as a site for now for a anime site i just made, and the portal look like a site for me. the think i do is that i get a good host like bravenet,frrwebs,livegate and other, and i make there the pages of hte roms and information and i use the forum as the homepage.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    If there's content besides main forum stuff, then I'd say it should be okay, otherwise no. SImple as that. ;P

TeamRocket

Ah - from what i have been hearing it sounds like there will be no problem

Back