• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

東方人形劇覚醒 | Touhoumon Kakusei - Development Team

Vin_Prismriver

Pokémon Cremisi Portals Game Director
Years
  • 8268Uzs.png

BASIC INFORMATIONS
    fycgA2V.png

Base ROM: Fire Red (U)
    Name: Touhoumon Kakusei ("Touhou Puppet Play: Awakening")
    Language: English (Italian Patch will also be available though)
    Current Team: ~ Øme. (founder, spriter, mapper), Vin_Prismriver (coordinator, storyboarder, game designer), Archer Greywolf (soundtrack)

THE PROJECT
    Sxv4A7s.gif

Hi there, thanks and all to have opened this thread, but have you ever heard about Touhoumon? In case you wonder, click the spoiler below!

Spoiler:

And thus, we decided to start our own project, not only because we thought the "chanonical one" (Touhoumon Another World, which is a translation of Touhou Gensokyo Scenario) wasn't completely satisfactory, but because we give it our personal touch. We dreamed to exploring the whole magical region, and live an incredible adventure deep in the Japanese culture: and now, onto our project itself.

PLOT
    8eesjEQ.png

Gensokyo, a hidden land divided from our world through a magical barrier, is suddenly invaded by tons of mysterious animted little dolls the inhabitans decide to call "Bonéka": no one knows where do they come from, nor who could have created them. Ordinarily, it is the shrine maiden of Hakurei's job to prevent and solve these kinds of incidents, but she is mysteriously missing. Could that be that there is a second dreadful aim? Some of the youkai of this magical land begin to question themselves after their powers diseappear, while other instinctively try to befriend these strange creatures.

The main characters had died long time before the arrival of the Bonékas, but they now have a chance to ressurect by solving the mystery behind this incident... or else they will fall into the dephts of hell. Could it be that they just mind the person they treasured in their past life could reach a bad end instead?

PLANNED FEATURES
    pZd69Em.png

- A whole region to explore, Gensokyo (Gensou = illusion, Kyo = land), where no technology nor administration exists. Everything, besides a village and few shrines is at the natural state, filled with youkai (unusual creatures like demons or monsters) of any sorta.
    - 386 Bonékas to catch, train and evolve.
    These are based not only to the original characters of the PC-98, but from the new games too, like Hopeless Masquerade and Double Dealing Character.
    - Original storyline, completely detaching from the chanonical Pokémon aspects.
    - Old and new characters from the Touhou Project (have you ever heard of Mima?)
    - Quest system in order to obtain more useful Key Items.
    - Brilliant soundtrack made of Touhou Project tracks remixed with the aid of the Fire Red Soundfonts.
    Listen to this little sample below:

Spoiler:

WHAT DO WE NEED
    IXFCTe9.png

- We absolutely need a scripter or two, because neither me neither Ome can do that. We need someone with some experience (some who knows what is he doing and is willing to improve and do his best if needed). Why experience? Because we will have to deal with more complicated scripts as well: like, the physical/special split, or the day/night system (and if possible, Bonéka and pokémon depending on the time of the day) and more.
    - A good tilesetter is also needed. We have most of the tilesets we need (though some must be made), but we are incapable of insert them and stuff like that. There's also that kind of stuff like the Title Screen, for example-

- You can also make suggestions while not entering the team, PM me: is there something you disliked of the Touhoumon version you played? Do you want to know some more? You would like to discuss some particular aspects of the game? You need to know the meaning of life? Just go ahead without shame, ok?

What do you have to post:
    - Nickname and skype ID (is it our chanonical platform, you just need that)
    - Timezone
    - Position (you can specificy or add notes if you want)

SORT OF DISCLAIMERS
    JBdQ3bk.gif

As you could have guessed from my profile, I'm Italian, and so Ome is. But don't panic: as you can see, I can understand and write English, so there is no problem with that. Once we have added you on skype, we could even talk about our countries and ordinary life, what do you think? We request to work on the project at least two times a week, since not only we will do our best, planning everything in the details, but there also the summer holidays and lots of free time.

Oh, and you can also support us by adding this cute banner in your signature..!
    G0s7GTV.png

HTML:
    [URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=325165"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/G0s7GTV.png[/IMG][/URL]

I just hope I haven't been rude or something ^^''
    Thanks for reading, and have a nice day..!

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Just gonna throw this out there: Touhoumon Another World isn't the original Touhoumon hack. The original Touhoumon was simply a replacement of Pokemon with Touhou characters (Puppets, called Boneka in some versions, Touhou in others, etc.). Then, there was a hack called Touhou: Gensokyo Scenario, which sought to give a backstory to what the Boneka are, why they exist, and to create a story set in Gensokyo. It was discontinued, but Aichiya Sanae decided to pick the project up and translate it, and that's what Another World is (though it's been heavily expanded).

Also, youkai aren't demons. Demons are a type of youkai, but not all youkai are demons. For instance, Suika is a demon (an Oni, specifically), but someone like Rumia is a youkai just not a demon. The term "youkai" is a term that refers to an unusual creature. As such, even average myths and legends like psychics, bigfoot, etc. are all youkai.

Vin_Prismriver

Pokémon Cremisi Portals Game Director
    Years
  • Just gonna throw this out there: Touhoumon Another World isn't the original Touhoumon hack. The original Touhoumon was simply a replacement of Pokemon with Touhou characters (Puppets, called Boneka in some versions, Touhou in others, etc.). Then, there was a hack called Touhou: Gensokyo Scenario, which sought to give a backstory to what the Boneka are, why they exist, and to create a story set in Gensokyo. It was discontinued, but Aichiya Sanae decided to pick the project up and translate it, and that's what Another World is (though it's been heavily expanded).

I thought Gensokyo scenario was the original, then modified by Aichiya. Thanks for clearing that up..!

Also, youkai aren't demons. Demons are a type of youkai, but not all youkai are demons. For instance, Suika is a demon (an Oni, specifically), but someone like Rumia is a youkai just not a demon. The term "youkai" is a term that refers to an unusual creature. As such, even average myths and legends like psychics, bigfoot, etc. are all youkai.

Yeah, that's true, I guess I've been a little too generic on that. I just thought of an appropriate word youkai could be referred to, since not everyone knows about them. I'll modify in "unusual creature" which is better.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Honestly, I like the idea you have here. A while back, I was going to make an unofficial patch for Another World named Another World M, which was meant to make the game less frustrating to deal with while still keeping the game's difficulty. I've always been disappointed that most Touhoumon hacks don't seem to want to create a new story and instead are just "Pokemon games, with Touhou", so I'm glad to see this here.

I, unfortunately, can't help. Other than finals being a week from now, I'm working on a Touhou hack of my own and...well, my scripting skills aren't what they used to be. But I'll be keeping an eye on this hack, though, and if I can help from the sidelines, I'll do what I can.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I'm not really one to sign up for teams much, or ever really, but I really love Touhou Puppet Play.

I can do basically anything, so if you would like my help... I am offering my services. Although, I would rather not do any mapping.

By the way, nice job with battle theme. :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2016
    Maybe you know how insert new tilesets? I can insert just a new tileset for the tall grass..

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Maybe you know how insert new tilesets? I can insert just a new tileset for the tall grass..

Of course I can~! Although I can't make graphics very well, I can insert them.
    Also, I am quite proficient at scripting, with about 4 years experience. ;)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2016
    Oh, great! We don't need new tileset. We have some tileset to use with credits.
    If you want to join us, send me a mp with your skype name.

Back