• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1/23 - COTD - Entei (Various Sets)

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years

Rate & Review.

Thanks to Water Pokemon Master from www.pokebeach.com for the scans.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    I'm not going to bother with reviewing all 3 cards, only the one which has (or had) the most potential.

To some it may seem surprising, but its Neo Revelation Holo (I.e. the top 1). It's Power is absolutely awesome.

Stats: A massive HP, and also a very good retreat as well. The Weakness is a bit of a bummer, but this card is all about speed. Being a basic is helpful for some fast playing.

Searing Flame murders a lot of basics - but after a single usage, it can hurt the card since it's expensive and there are no secondary attacks. But that's not where the card's potential is hidden.

It's all about Howl. Discarding the top 5 cards from the top of your deck can be a bummer, but not if you play this card properly. An extra attachment of 4-5 energy cards can turn a game around, especially when running a card that eats through energies to do massive damage *cough Macargo cough*

Anyway Enteicargo was one of the fastest and best decks ever made.. whilst running only 12 Pokemon (4 of these, 4 Slugs, 4 Macaargo NR Uncommon), about 8 trainers and 40 energy.
    Heheheheheheh consistency and speed ftw. There are similar variants, that use different lines, but any deck that runs the Entei is all about [R] types and massive damage in early game & a deck that's at least 50% energy. Of course this card only works in specific decks.

Unlimited rating: 7/10 (Given that it's in a good deck. If this card was comboless it would score about 3/10).

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    (Downtime cut off my comment X.X)

Well, since jwilso72 covered the first one, I'll do the second (and let Solarys come in and call the third a "non-card" as will undoubtedly happen).

Well, it's an Entei. The HP is a bit low for a Dog, but still acceptable for a Basic...predictable Weakness, no Resistance, but no retreat cost (as it should be). The attack improves over the first's, giving good chances of only 1 energy discard or maybe even none at all at the cost of just 10 damage.

Of course, then there's the Power. Naturally, there's a downside to it, blocking any sort of rescue or Tool, but it also blocks your opponent's effects (GoW & Energy Removal).

So, a so-so card, but could use a bit more HP. 6/10

~Solarys~

OMG, loli~~~!!!111oneone
    Years
    OMG IS GMO!!! PWN SEEK IS SEEK PWN!!!

If you seek pwn, use the first one - but you're better off using the red Gyarados if you want to deck yourself, LOL!
    BTW, red Gyarados + Delcatty ex > it.

And... 2nd one = WTF? Who came up with the idea of putting free retreat on a basic...? Not that it's any good, but abusable...

For the last one, it's body = OMGWTFAWESOMECROSSZ0RXS!!!!!!1111
    That's a passive you wouldnt mind getting Imprisoned... lolol...

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    OMG IS GMO!!! PWN SEEK IS SEEK PWN!!!

If you seek pwn, use the first one - but you're better off using the red Gyarados if you want to deck yourself, LOL!
    BTW, red Gyarados + Delcatty ex > it.

And... 2nd one = WTF? Who came up with the idea of putting free retreat on a basic...? Not that it's any good, but abusable...

For the last one, it's body = OMGWTFAWESOMECROSSZ0RXS!!!!!!1111
    That's a passive you wouldnt mind getting Imprisoned... lolol...

What did I say? Point: Me.

Tetsuya

.:A Guy Who Likes To Talk::.
    Years
    For the top one i rate 8/10 i like the stats and attacks and the pic pwns
    the second one i rate 6/10 im not a very good rater am i?
    the last one i rate 4/10 cause the stats are alright but i dont like the pic that much lol XD but it has a fair amount of hp.

Poke-Master-2007

Sprite Comicateer
    Years
    The stats and attacks on all of these cards are amazing. I have won many Pokemon Card battles with them. I have all 3 of them and i have many other legendaries

Back