• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#10 - Amalgamation

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Weekly Pixel Art Challenge: #10 - Amalgamation
    Hosted by: Logiedan
    Approved by: Logiedan

Theme: Amalgamation
    An amalgamation is where you fuse multiple Pokémon parts from the official sprites to make your own custom fakemon. Try making the parts unrecognizable. Of course, you can add some little scratching as well. The general rule for this theme is you have to use 7 Pokémon. When posting the sprite please include the following:

• The unedited sprite where it shows all of the parts mixed together
    If in any case you did not do this, just simply make a list of the Pokémon including what parts you have used for your official sprite. ie. My sprite used the arms of Feraligatr's, the horn of.. etc.

• A list of the Pokémon you have used
    Omits:
    In some cases and themes there will be omits.
    • There are no omits this WPC.
    Main Rules:

• One entry per person. You may update your entry until the end of the contest.
    • You can't enter if you picked the theme.
    • All work must be made from scratch (unless the current theme states otherwise).
    • No previously made work.
    This Week's Rules:

• Canvas Size: 96x96
    • Palette Requirements: 24 colours.
    • Transparency: Optional
    • Animation: None
    • Other: None

Last edited:
    Years
    #10 - Amalgamation

Made up of Charmeleon, Weedle, Lapras, Sneasel, Azumarill, Croconaw and Chikorita. -process-

Charmeleon for the head, Weedle for (our) left head-spike, Lapras for (our) right head-spike, Sneasel for the body, legs and claws, Azumarill for the arms, Croconaw for the tail and Chikorita for the palette.

Humm96

Fly little Mockingjay!
    Years
    #10 - Amalgamation

BOOM! just thaught i would get my entry in :) its made of:
    Huntail, Arbok, Dragonite, Pikachu, Nidorino, Arodactyl,Magmortar

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
    FLORATHORN (GRASS/POISON)

#10 - Amalgamation

MILOTIC (FACE + HAIR)
    SAWBUCKS [WINTER FORM] (HAIR)
    VILEPLUME (FLOWERS)
    SERPERIOR (BODY)
    DELCATTY (THORNS)

Years
    2 sprites only? Oh well. I'll end it right here.

And the winner is...

Spherical Ice and his amalgamation!
    #10 - Amalgamation

Everything is as great as it is, quite creative and the design could work as well for a baby Pokémon/starter. Great overall, and I like how Spherical used quite large sprites to make a small one. I thought it was creative~ :P

Honourable Mentions

-ty- and his amalgamation!
    #10 - Amalgamation

Though not valid, the placement of the parts was quite clever, especially Serperior's body. What I heavily disliked was the obvious copy+paste of the vileplume head thing as it wasn't reshaded the fit the light source as well. The outline could have included some black outline as well, especially for the body.

Humm96 and his amalgamation!
    #10 - Amalgamation

I can include the rest of the entries just 'cause I can. I think I would have liked his design more if it included some legs and the Huntail's tail being upward instead. Aerodactyl's hands should've been removed too. Great recolouring overall but could have fixed some errors such as Dragonite's knee.

Until next time, fellow spriters.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back