• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#11 Evolutions and Pre-Evolutions

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Logiedan approved
    Of the 649 Pokemon that comprise the 5 Pokemon generations, less than 55 of them are non-legendary Pokemon that cannot evolve. These are the Pokemon that are often forgotten, unless Game Freak decides to revive a Pokemon by augmenting the evolutionary line. An example being, Magmar; Magmar used to be a non-evolving Pokemon, until the second generation, when Magby was introduced as a pre-evolution. Then, in the fourth generation of pokemon Magmortar was introduced as an evolution from Magmar.​

This pixel art contest will test how well you can revive a Pokemon's evolutionary line by creating a Pokemon, of your very own, to help complete a non-evolving Pokemon's evolutionary line.​

174845_200523159960419_474089_n.jpg
    6891098.png
    torkoal.jpg
    ad7c1d6435b67ab1b391e1f6c79016f4.jpg

REVISED DEADLINE - All entries must be submitted by THURSDAY, 23rd, 2011 @ 8:00AM EASTERN TIME.​

Contest Rules:

• Entries must be 64x64 pixels
    • Entries cannot contain more than 15 colors.
    • Entries must be original pieces of art.
    • Entries must be scratch; no copying and pasting in-part or whole.
    • Entries must not have been made prior to this competition, even if you created it.
    • Only one entry can be posted per person.
    • Please indicate which Pokemon you have created an evolution or pre-evolution for. Please adhere to the list of Pokemon below.
    • Be creative and have fun!
    Judging

• Creativity: The concept of the sprite.
    • Design: The pose and shape of the sprite.
    • Execution: The line-work and shading of the sprite.

Here is a list of pokemon that you may create a pre-evolution or evolution for:
    • Farfetch'd
    • Kangaskhan
    • Pinsir
    • Tauros
    • Lapras
    • Ditto
    • Aerodactyl
    • Girafarig
    • Dunsparce
    • Qwilfish
    • Shuckle
    • Heracross
    • Corsola
    • Delibird
    • Skarmory
    • Stantler
    • Smeargle
    • Miltank
    • Sableye
    • Mawile
    • Plusle
    • Minun
    • Volbeat
    • Illumise
    • Torkoal
    • Spinda
    • Zangoose
    • Seviper
    • Lunatone
    • Solrock
    • Castform
    • Kecleon
    • Tropius
    • Absol
    • Relicanth
    • Luvdisc
    • Pachirisu
    • Chatot
    • Spiritomb
    • Carnivine
    • Audino
    • Throh
    • Sawk
    • Basculin
    • Maractus
    • Sigilyph
    • Emolga
    • Alomomola
    • Cryogonal
    • Stunfisk
    • Druddigon
    • Bouffalant
    • Heatmor
    • Durant
    If you have any question feel free to send me a PM or VM.

Good luck everyone,
    -Ty-​

Last edited:

Humm96

Fly little Mockingjay!
    Years
  • Oh how i have missed these :) gonna enter! its a shame im not gonna be able to see where i came untill friday, im on Army work experience...

Ok.. So ive got one!
    Wobblurr
    Evolves from Spinda at Lvl. 35 whilst knowing Line Dance

Wobblurr are often seen attempting to walk in strait lines, this usualy ends with them on the floor.. Crying.. The swirl that follows it is supposed to be a constant reminder of its confusion, it dissapears when it is angered however.
    Wobblurr.png

Last edited:

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • Not the best at scratch spriting but I decided to give it a shot. :3

Drookigon.png

Drookigon
    Dragon Type | Cave Pokémon | Evolves into Druddigon by levelling up while knowing Superpower​

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
    Years
  • reliosteus.png

RELIOSTEUS
    Water/Rock l Bone Fish Pokemon l Evolves from Relicanth by Leveling up while knowing Ancient Power

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • And which timezone would this be?

Thanks for the question!

Due to the different time zones, I will extend the deadline through THURSDAY, 23rd @ 8:00 AM EASTERN. That will ensure that everyone gets a chance to work on the sprite on Wednesday evening.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • Thanks for everyone who submitted an entry! The results will be announced soon!

Now the Results!!!
    (I'll spare you the drum-roll)

First Place
    Doranddragon's Relicanth Evolution

reliosteus.png

Creativity: 5/10- The concept is fairly basic; there is not a lot of significant changes other than size and maturity from the original relicanth sprite.
    Design: 8/10- The mouth and face are very well shaped. The winding tail in the back has very nice shape, with the exception of the very end of the tail, which is a bit flat.
    Execution: 10/10- The shading of the sprite is extremely excellent, very little to critique here!

Total - 23/30

Second Place
    Emolga's Emolga Evolution

attachment.php

Creativity: 9/10- The bolt cape and storm cloud fur are extraordinarily incorporated into the sprite.
    Design: 6/10- The arm and feet placements are a bit stagnate, since they are equal on both sides, but the thunder cloud design is very well shaped into the sprite.
    Execution: 7/10- The shades are a bit too light on the head and ears, they should be a bit blacker. The cape could also use better lining and shading. The From the face down to the body, the shading is quite good.

Total 22/30

Third Place
    Intoxicated's Druddigon Pre-Evolution

Drookigon.png

Creativity: 5/10- Conversely with the Relicanth evolution, the sprite seems to be basic in it's concept since the sprite is simply less mature and smaller.
    Design: 7/10- The face is very cute! The mouth and tooth placement are perfect. I would have loved to see claws on the hands, and more shape to the tail; the top line of the tail is a bit to flat.
    Execution: 6/10- The face and legs are shaded and colored well, I have a bit of a problem with the belly though; it needs to be simplified a bit, the darker shade is too dominate.

Total- 18/30

Honourable Mentions:

Spinda Evolution
    Wobblurr.png

Ditto Evolution
    attachment.php

Thank you for participating in this week's WPC! There will be another WPC coming up for those who competed or anyone else who wants to give it a shot!

Last edited:

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • Third place? Awesome! ^^ Congratulations to everyone. There were some really impressive entries.

Back