• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: 1337, March 05: Pok?mon :: Shadows of Eternity

What do you REALLY think of my hack?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    I'm quite aware that my hack isn't the greatest. Thank you for branding that on my back like a cow. Well, the truth comes out. My hack apparently isn't that great. Why don't we remove the sticky right away?! I'm sorry to overreact, but I thought that people held a higher opinion of me than that. And scripting? Yes, DirtBrown has scripting, so what? Don't you know that most hacks out there right now are almost completely devoid of scripting? If I could script, believe me I would, but I can't.

To fudge01, it's no surprise that you voted 'Not too hot' because your one of Aviex (who also voted there, and seems to have a beef with me... because he's terribly immature)'s supporters. Well, I hope you both continue to act like royal a******s, because I rather enjoy it.

As you can see, I'm not that thoroughly impressed, and I am so frustrated and mad that I am on the verge of shutting down my "substandard", "decent", "not the best" hack. BTW, did I set out to be the best? No, I set out to try and make what I thought was a good game, until the wool was lifted from my eyes to reveal that everyone thought it was a minor blip on the radar screen.

blueguy

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    I'm sorry. I didn't mean to "pick on it", I was merely saying that I could probably never amount to the level of excellence DirtBrown has, since I have NO clue how to script AT ALL.

firemaster

Art Martyr
    Years
    judging by the number of stars you got on your rating, it seems the community disagrees....

besides, i need to have something going for me, seeing as how everyone seems to love all hackers, except me....

anyways, keep going, and trying to improve....

blueguy

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Now that I've calmed down, I can recognize that most of this was constructive criticism which I failed to take in the proper way. I apologixe for overreacting, though I continue to hold my opinion (which is absolutely right) of Aviex and Fudge. I will continue to hack, and I will continue to strive to make this the best I possibly can. From the poll and the rating, I suppose I can see that I was being blind and irrational. So, officially I am still working on the hack. To show that I was doing something recently, I've attached Orbitral and Spectrin, the Ghost/Steel pokemon. They are COMPLETELY my own works. I know the shading isn't too great with the second one.

Orbitral and Spectrin are completely my works. They may not be used in any way, shape, or form, without the explicit written consent of myself. (c)Copyright 2005 blueguy

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
    blueguy said:
    To fudge01, it's no surprise that you voted 'Not too hot' because your one of Aviex (who also voted there, and seems to have a beef with me... because he's terribly immature)'s supporters. Well, I hope you both continue to act like royal a******s, because I rather enjoy it.

I dont have a beef with you. Just because i expressed my opinion of your hack, doesn't mean that i am against you. I told you those things so that you could work on those aspects and try to improve them, just like you did to me, and i did that. I looked at what you had to say and saw a lot of truth there and worked on it. I beleive that what we have here is a classic misunderstanding and i hope we can get past this. I see great things for this hack in the future.

blueguy said:
    So, officially I am still working on the hack. To show that I was doing something recently, I've attached Orbitral and Spectrin, the Ghost/Steel pokemon. They are COMPLETELY my own works. I know the shading isn't too great with the second one.

Orbitral and Spectrin are completely my works. They may not be used in any way, shape, or form, without the explicit written consent of myself. (c)Copyright 2005 blueguy

Wow, nice sprites. THe only thing i see wrong about them is that most pokemon sprites tend to be stanced/looking towards the opponents pokemon. But im glad to see that you are using scratch sprites. It makes the hack look a whole heap origanal, which is a good thing.

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    "Orbitral and Spectrin are completely my works. They may not be used in any way, shape, or form, without the explicit written consent of myself. (c)Copyright 2005 blueguy"

You should do it like everyone else does it works and this can actually get you into legal trouble if you go that route when/if someone steals your ideas I really hope you didnt mail your images in to be copywrited as original pokemon ideas becuase if you did you wasted your money. Picture this some guy steals your art so you take him to court, your case is I created these pokemon(trademark infringment) to be played online using r-o-m-s(Piracy) to emulate the actual gameboy games in my own way with my own story line but still using some of the original Nintendo/Gamefreaks graphisc(Trademark infringment/Piracy/Copywrite infringment) Im in the music biz I go through ALOT of crap with copywrites, infringment, and intellectual/artistic rights, I figured Id let you in on that ;)

p.s. YOUR HACK ROCKS!

Aisu K.

SHOWMEYAMOVES
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Home
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    I like this hack. I would show some of TDT's original ideas, but the third evolution is WAY to big to fit the 64X64 limit (the third evolution is vital to the dragon Pok?mon) I have a question. Are the original 386 going to appear? I'm wondering because I have a neat Flygon sprite you could use :) Good luck

blueguy

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Sorry for no updates. I was gone for the weekend. To the person who said legal trouble, I wouldn't actually get into a legal battle over something so trivial, I'm just expressing the fact that they cannot be used, and I could very well get people banned or disabled temporarily for such an infringement, just as people do when their fanfics are plaigerized. Anyhoo... Yeah, the new sprites do look rather "un-posed", but hey, it was an adventure, and I think they turned out relatively well anyways.

To "TDT", a great number of the 386 will appear, and you can expect to see a lot of originals, plus a lot of rare and cool pokemon to find. For example, you can find Marill and Squirtle near Rhea Falls, and other cool stuff like that. I'm going to do some serious jazzing up of the wild pokemon available.

I'm sorry to report that no new updates are available at the moment. ; Sorry, I'll have to show you all some other time, since I was busy this weekend. Expect lots of weekends next week for Spring Break! Hurrah!

Umbreon's Shadow

People say KYUUUU?YEY!!!
    Years
    Well i sure am wanting to see these updates and pics from the Rhea Falls.and next week il also have vacations(even though its only for around 10 days...)so if you need help at something just ask for it.

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    Yeah, the new sprites do look rather "un-posed", but hey, it was an adventure, and I think they turned out relatively well anyways.

no, they turned out really good

Aisu K.

SHOWMEYAMOVES
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Home
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    kay. If you don't know, I'm TDT (TyranitarDragonTrainer) the well known spriter (almost everyone should know that) Back on track, want to see my Flygon, the one you can use.

Luis Kazuya

*EngAged nEwb in WeBbin*
    Years
    blueguy said:
    I'm quite aware that my hack isn't the greatest. Thank you for branding that on my back like a cow. Well, the truth comes out. My hack apparently isn't that great. Why don't we remove the sticky right away?! I'm sorry to overreact, but I thought that people held a higher opinion of me than that. And scripting? Yes, DirtBrown has scripting, so what? Don't you know that most hacks out there right now are almost completely devoid of scripting? If I could script, believe me I would, but I can't.

As you can see, I'm not that thoroughly impressed, and I am so frustrated and mad that I am on the verge of shutting down my "substandard", "decent", "not the best" hack. BTW, did I set out to be the best? No, I set out to try and make what I thought was a good game, until the wool was lifted from my eyes to reveal that everyone thought it was a minor blip on the radar screen.

erm... i cannot stand your "modest" attitude... you shouldn't call ppl asses or immaturre.... Aviex is one of the best spriters and if he gives you a rating of "beef", it just means you have to work better or i dun think you deserve a 1337 hack of the month award... dude, wake up and smell the roses... this thread is starting to sound like burning....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back