• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

18/19 type

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
    sooner or later, the creators of pokemon will have to introduce more types for pokemon, so what do we all think would be good suggestions for the new types, ie strengths, weaknesses and all that.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Actually, I think the number of types we have now is enough. More types just makes for more confusion and remembering extra type differences. The number of types and type-combinations is more than enough.

YelloMit

Machamp > J00!!
    Years
    I agree, but IF they did make more types, it wouldn't be many more.

There would be Light (For Dark), and maybe Wind.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I already get type alignments confused a lot, but adding a multitude of new types won't help it much...If anything, I'd like to see a cosmic type, to which pokemon like the Clefairy family, Solrock and Lunatone belong to.

Merron

Hope of the Redoran
    Years
    Cosmic is a good idea... hate to sound full of myself, but that one came through my head as well. :P

*on same wave-length w/ tmbjr today*

Problem is, changing a pre-existing Pokemon's type doesn't always make people very happy. :( I found the Steel-type to be a bit silly... I didn't like what it did to Magnemite and Magneton. Further types will probably disrupt the balance of the game... even more than before.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    There should be a Non-Type. Not strong against anything, but not weak against anything either. There's one in almost EVERY RPG out there! They could make specific attacks for it that range from small damage to tremendous damage (Hyper Beam is a good example of a Non-Type Attack).

Note: For FF fans out there, Non-Type means Non-Elemental.

Also, this isn't a Type, but there should be an instant death
    attack(s) in Pokemon. I think that's all they're missing. Put that in as well and the games would truly be diverse. (They'd almost be worthy of me buying again...)

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    PLASTIC! XDDDDDD...

Let's have one of each from the "transition metals" from the "periodic table"! XD

We'd have loads!

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
    Cosmic sounds like a sound idea, also was thinking of Cyber, a kind of mix between electric and steel, could apply to Porygon/2, creates some varied attacks

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    Light would be a given. I get the feeling that it, Dark, and Psychic would form a triangle of some sort. We all know Dark's immune to and strong against Psychic, Light would likely be immune to and strong against Dark, and Psychic would be immune to and strong against Light. As for one other weakness, I think Poison should be strong against Light types. Not only does Poison need more strengths (and hey, they seemd to make Fighting strong against Dark just for the hell of it), but I'm pretty sure tons of holy, religious figures had been put to death through poisoning in the past (though, I probably should be looking at things from the point of view of a country where the main religions are Shintoism and Buddhism). As for strengths, besides Dark, it should be strong against Ghosts (it'd be considered excorcism. If this happens, though, Sableye better kiss its reputation goodbye), as well as Dragons (I realize Dragons are pretty screwed over in types as it is, and I was just ranting on Poison having few advantages, but this would reference to ancient European tales, holy knights fought dragons a lot. Besides, Dragons are the only type strong against Kingdra, but anything Poison's strong against is already covered by Flying or Fire).

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Dark is the opposite of Psychic, we don't really need a Light attack.

As for the 'non-type' attack, that's essentially what normal attacks are. Not particular strong or weak against anything.

Sunflorazumarill

Look, it's Sunflorazumarill!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2012
    I just hope there isn't a type that Grass-type attacks DON'T AFFECT! Just think about that! A Grass Pok?mon in many cases would be totally useless against a Pok?mon of that type since it wouldn't be able to even damage it!

Also, on another topic, even though Steel-types are immune to Poison-type attacks, they can be Poisoned. I experimented myself in Pok?mon Stadium 2. Used a Beedrill that knew Twineedle (a Bug attack) against a Scizor. Scizor eventually became Poisoned.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    ... I typed a whole essay last time when this topic popped up already, why light type is a hideous idea... i'll dig that out someday.

The only possible type is probably a sound type, just used to break normal types into more varieties... too many normal types out there in the sea, overshadowing one another heavily.

mew_master

(don't)ignore paranthesees
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2005
    i always thought light should've been a type, good against dark and ghost. sound type would be cool, whismur and evolutions could use it. then a space type for clefairy+, solrock, lunatone, deoxys, and jirachi

Merron

Hope of the Redoran
    Years
    Gosh, someone gave me bad rep over my opinion in here. :( Oh well.

What if there were elemental alignments (not the Pokemon's type, but rather a strength based on the Pokemon's nature?) that affected how well your critters battled against various types? Like for instance, if your Pokemon had a rash nature, its attacks would have a slight edge against Pokemon who are weak against Fire. If it had a calm nature, its attacks would work a little bit better against 'scary' Ghosts and Dark-types. You could go on and on, and further enhance the Pokemon experience (by adding to the list of things that one must master in order to play Pokemon well) without introducing too many new element types, which can get sort of silly after a while. :P

Anarchytekt

Techlord
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    Actually, Pokemon that are not weak against any type and strong against any type exist. Normal types are like that, though they have weakness against fighting types. However, they are allowed to learn almost any type of move, that makes them dangerous and unpredictable. New types are not needed now, though. We have had enough types.

Merron

Hope of the Redoran
    Years
    I did not mean to imply that we ditch the idea of elements, but incorporate sub-strengths into individual Pokemon based upon their nature and possibly even their battle experience... hmm, think of the possibilities there! What if by fighting one type of Pokemon repeatedly (such as a Slugma or a Geodude), your Pokemon became more adept at defeating other Pokemon of that type?

I think with the advent of more sophistcated gaming systems, these features would be plausible, and would make the game even more interesting.

Back