• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

18+ Pogeymans Fans, UNITE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavyJones4our

Man of the Sea
Years
  • State yer name, how old ye be, and what age you were when ye got into Pogeymans.

As fer me, I be Davy Jones (not from the monkeys, nor the Disney character; look up "Duppy Jonah"). And I first got into Pogeymans when I was 10, when it first came onto TV in the states on UPN. I like knowing that (assuming time passed the same in real life as in on the shows) I'm the same age as Ash (American timeline anyway). I just find it interesting.

And you, ye dogs?

DavyJones4our

Man of the Sea
    Years
  • Pogeymans = Pokemon, like how the soccer moms used to pronounce it back in the day. "THESE POGEYMANS ARE DEVIL'S TOYS, WITH THEIR MAGIC AND EVUL STARS! BLEH, SATAN! GARGOYLES!"

and the 18+ be to help single out the adults (legally), so beh.

DavyJones4our

Man of the Sea
    Years
  • ...ok, *breathe* The word, is "Pokemon", but back in the day, when it first came out, soccer moms used to condemn it about how it was evil. The common mispronounciation of it (for the time, and on occasions now) is "Pogeyman", I added the 's' for the aesthetic of humour.

Why the age limit? Because I wanted to see who else is here, that enjoys "Pogeymans", is a legal adult (which is commonly 18+).

Saavy?

Murasaki

Confused @_@
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 20, 2008
    I'm 19... I think I got into Pokemon when I was about 8/9-ish. I noticed the adverts for the GameBoy games in GAME and I just liked the look of the creatures on the boxes... so it all started from there, really.

It's nice to know I'm not the only 18+ fan x)

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm 18, and I've been into it since it first hit US shores.

Terry M

Weepinbell: Don't hurt me!!!!!
    Years
  • Lol, I'm probably the youngest member in PC! I'm 10 and I liked it since I was 4 and hated it a few years then started liking it last year.

Waris

Jirachi is my homeboy
    Years
  • I'm going to be 18 in like 2 weeks, so I count. =/ I've reeeaaallly liked Pokémon ever since 1998 or 1999, when it first aired here, so I was about 8 or 9. I especially like the anime (the games are great too, of course). About when I was 12 most of my friends started to lose interest, but I've always been a Pokémon fan. Couple of people still play the games, but I think I'm pretty much the only one who still watches the anime (and I don't even watch it on TV because we have a pretty screwed up schedule here).

I'm "afraid" Pokémon will stay with me my whole life and I'll have to tell my children "Look, this is what Daddy watched when he was your age". ^__^

DavyJones4our

Man of the Sea
    Years
  • I find it difficult to believe that an adult would speak in a pirate accent, much less type in one. I call shenanigans.

I've never implied to speak with the accent, I don't. Nor do I type as such, I just type as I speak. Most people say "yer" instead of enunciating (goddamn, I hope I spelled that right) "your/you're". I do use many of the words of "scallawag" or "cur" in my everyday vernacular.

Blackguard, trying to call shenanigans on me! I also moonlight as either a Luchador or a Nazi at childrens birthday parties (it should be noted that I am of Mexican descent)

Spoiler:

DavyJones4our

Man of the Sea
    Years
  • Yar, that not be pirate speak.

Aye, I said I type as I speak, but mate, the keyword in your original statement was "accent". I already mentioned the jargon (which is commonly associated with the speech of those amongst the Golden Age of Piracy) I use on here is part of me everyday vernacular. Those aren't "pirate words" those are merely "english words" that was common amongst nautical-folk.

Accent and jargon be two very different things. I merely appreciate true English words instead of that terrible language that evolved from slang, "Ebonics", I hate that goddamn language so much. As well as cockney rhyming, bah! Disgusting urchins.

DavyJones4our

Man of the Sea
    Years
  • How 'bout hibigibies? Is that a pirate talk? And how come "Davy Jones Locker" is a chest? Not a real locker? Curious....

I have no idea what the hell "hibigibies" is, never heard that in all my existance of living, ever.

It is a locker, what we call chests today, were not originally known as 'chests', they were the first known as lockers. That is what you lock things inside. I am unsure as to how they gained the name of "chest' but it is indeed a 'locker'.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Pogeymans. Yeah I remeber that. This Irish catholic lived family lived next door to my grandmother. They said to me if you want to hang out with my children don't come over here with your satanic pogeyman games. Like always I didn't listen and one day while I was passing by there house I said hi to there children and the mother had A fit with my games. She took them threw on the floor ran over them along with my brand new shiny game boy color. Not just any game boy color. It was a special clear one along with my copies of blue,yellow, silver, and crystal. She went around new york to find the same exact things. She deinied to buy them I kicked her as a puny 5 year old almost cursed and told her sarcasticly. I want me pogeymans while crying. Best day ever.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back