• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Movie, 1st Teaser

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2014
    (Note: My computer is broken and I'm posting from my 3ds, so I can't embed the video. If someone could post it for all to see, that would be great. Thanks.)

We all have our thoughts about the 1st movie. But what of the 1st teaser. The teaser begins with a blue-haired girl (Looks almost identical to Miranda from the final film), a pink-haired girl, and an orange-haired girl (Who some suspect to be an adult version of Misty). From there, we see Team Rocket on a Dalek-looking thing, Ash and Pikachu running from an explosion, and a bit more not seen in the final. So what happened?

Allegedly, the 1st season and movie was meant to end the anime, with Ash becoming champion at the end of the show and having a movie to wrap things up. Because of this, some suspect the pink-haired girl (noticeably shorter than the other two) to be Ash and Misty's daughter. I'm not sure if I buy the orange-haired girl being an adult Misty, but it is more than a passing resemblance. Ash, if this is true, would probably be doing champion type things. But why's the blue-haired girl there? All speculation...

So what do y'all think? Any guesses about the plot or characters? Know somethong that I don't? Let's get a discussion going!

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b70GRNYnacI This one? I seen it before, it was.. interesting.

Well apparently this was what it was going to be. Ash became champion, and the team went to go confront Mewtwo in the cave @ Cerulean. And it was going to be this huge diaster and Ash apparently dies in the movie. The adult oarnge hair is misty, and the child is either presumbly ash & misty's child (It is in misty's family), or one of the other sisters child. And she was supposed to go and train like Ash did for the next series.

One can only wonder what Pokémon will be like today. I mean I love Ash and I don't mind him still being here. And changing characters always isn't good. My brother hates the new beyblade because they got rid of the main character.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2014
    Hm...yeah. I wouldn't have liked it if they switched him out that early by killing him off. Then, I would've complained if he became champion and was never seen again. Who knows? Maybe it would've been better that way.

dannichols

A Theodore Tugboat Fan
    Years
  • I've seen the japanese trailer and I thought it was okay. I'll be curious about it. I can guess that the blue haired woman is the harbour manager, Miranda, with different clothing.

The only thing that I could think about it is that it may be the original story idea for the movie, different from the movie we have today.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • This is actually quite interesting and something I was never aware of until now. Given how the anime has always targeted a young audience, it seems rather grim that they had almost planned for Ash to die years later after the first season. It makes you wonder what kind of show the Pokémon anime would be today had they gone down that route.

It's risky to change the protagonist, sometimes it works out while at other times it fails to keep its audience of the original series. In this case, the replacement being Ash and Misty's daughter with Ash's Pikachu, I think I would have liked to see how it would have turned out. Alas, I guess we will never know.

Back