• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#20 - Scratch [SCRAPPED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Weekly Pixel Art Challenge: #20 - Scratch
    Hosted by: Logiedan
    Approved by: Logiedan
    Medal System activated

Theme: Hyrule's Horror
    Much like the Mario week, this week's task is to create an image, scene or sprite that shows and spotlights an enemy, boss or villain from the Legend of Zelda series. Like the Mario week, I will provide you with a list of enemies.

Please specify what character you have chosen and what game it is from. Providing a link and your references to your character is acceptable.You can pick any character you'd like, but there may be different forms or art of an enemy, so different people may choose the same character but have a different form or art (like Ganon).

Your image can include different characters (like Link and Zelda), but like I said earlier, spotlight your enemy in a way such as there being multiple of them or having a better focus on the chosen enemy.

Here are the lists;
    Enemies List
    Boss List
    Mini-Boss List

Thanks to Zeldapedia for providing the lists.

Omits:
    In some cases and themes there will be omits.

• No enemies outside the lists is allowed
    Main Rules:

• One entry per person. You may update your entry until the end of the contest.
    • You can't enter if you picked the theme.
    • All work must be made from scratch (unless the current theme states otherwise).
    • No previously made work.
    • You are allowed to post WIPs (Work in Progress) but please specify which image is your final.
    This Week's Rules:

• Canvas Size: Optional
    • Palette Requirements: Unrestricted.
    • Transparency: Optional
    • Animation: None
    • Other: Scratch only
    Good luck. If you have any questions & concerns, feel free to send me a PM.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Here's my Mothula in progress.

#20 - Scratch [SCRAPPED]

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Here's my entry. While it's not on the list, it is from The Legend of Zelda, and I kinda did only properly read the first line of thread saying 'an enemy, BOSS or villain from the Legend of Zelda series.' So I'm really sorry if I dun goof'd. XP

Anyway, I'd say it's a WIP at the moment. I'll probably add a background to it to make it more interesting. Anyway, it's Jalhalla, a boss from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

#20 - Scratch [SCRAPPED]

Years
  • The problem with the list is that it doesn't contain bosses or mini-bosses if you read the description. That being said, I will provide the lists (from the same website) of the bosses and mini-bosses. If you would like to change your character, then you may, and note that there is no specified deadline yet. I might extend it due to this little problem.

Boss List
    Mini-Boss List

@retribution
    And Jalhalla is in the boss list.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Thanks for the confirmation Logiedan. :) I'll stick with Jalhalla though; I've basically already done it except the background. XD

mineox100

Hey.
    Years
  • Here's my entry, a ChuChu:
    #20 - Scratch [SCRAPPED]

I used the art as a reference for shading. :D
    Did I use anti-aliasing too much?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Don't forget to provide the link or name to your character/enemy.

@mineox
    I don't think it's a good idea to exactly copy the art's shading, you can use it as a reference to see the highlights, but when I look at your sprite I can see that you didn't bother to anti-alias between the light green and dark green. The art style is very different so it's difficult to replicate the shading and style from the art.

That being said, perhaps anti-aliasing between the colours. The anti-aliasing on the outline is a bit overdone but it doesn't look good if the body shading doesn't match up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back