• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

23-->26 discussion

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Anyone else see Gold and Crystal making a comeback? There is a chance of the G/S remakes on the DS and Gold and Crystal were absent during the Fr/Lg saga.

These are the spoiler tags right? If they are not there is always room for correction

They already made a comeback in the emerald saga. If you are referring to G/S remakes I no longer see a reason to, but you can never know. It would be cool though.

red king

The Sky Of Your World
    Years
    and about pikachu being his strongest pokemon remember that pika was power up by the power of the viridian forest and all of red's pokemon are above 80 exept vee and the others that are in the box

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
    I have a question.

Volume 26 has a list of chapter subtitles, just like Volume 22 had, right?

Could Avegaille or somebody else scan it?

It's really disappointing that Avegaille doesn't scan bonus features.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    as SilverSmeargleSplatter pointed out before there is a lack of discussion in this section of the Forum sooo... until some of our loved ones scans volume 27. I'm making this thread so we could discuss our general opinion of these volumes.

And watch that person be the last one to post on this thread. -shot-

Everytime I head to this part of the forum, I feel this dark vibe coming off it...just cause it's lonely and sadly one of the most dead sections.

Lastly how do you guys make polls? You see on some of the threads like the favorite and least favorite characters as well as the manga to anime and the manga game, I really think they would be a good idea if they have polls. That way we can vote on it and see what will come up.

There should be something that says 'make poll' or something like that.

and Gold and Crystal were absent during the Fr/Lg saga.

Although, they are in the Emerald saga. Who else would be helping to get the five dex holders destoned? Really, now. Someone's gotta help.

Ah, I loved this part of the manga.
    The FR/LG and Emerald arc are one of my favorites. For many reasons.

-New change in clothes.
    -more about Silver's past.
    -Mewtwo's return (and also Mew's)
    -Emerald's personality.
    -Latios and Latias.
    -Return of Archie. (which really surprised me).

That's what I like about it, too.

-cough- And the Special, OldRival, and ViridianShipping hints randomly thrown in...-cough-

-cough- There's a JadeShipping hint, too. -cough-

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    FR/LG is one of my favorite sagas (after GSC). Here's why:
    1) Lorelei turns good
    2) Sevii Islands
    3) Red and Green have somewhat of a personality switch. (Green even mentions it in Vol. 25)
    4) Blue's Parents sub-plot
    5) Silver + Giovanni
    6) Deoxys Vs. Mewtwo (a truly epic battle)
    7) Starts linking the RBYGSC sagas to the RS ones.
    8) Brings back the most beloved heros and heroines of Pokemon Special (Red, Green, Blue, Yellow and Silver!)

blue2009

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    hey i am new to the sight i was wondering where do you find the manga like the first ones b4 the show not special...then again any pokemon manga would be nice XD

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2009
    -cough- And the Special, OldRival, and ViridianShipping hints randomly thrown in...-cough-

-cough- There's a JadeShipping hint, too. -cough-
    Shipping of...?
    (at Viridian and Jade)

Death_Machine

Metal Addict
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2013
    FR/LG is one of my favorite sagas (after GSC). Here's why:
    1) Lorelei turns good

I don't really understand why she does anyway... I mean she was one of the genuinly evil guys, her and Agatha that is (I wonder what happened to her though)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Shipping of...?
    (at Viridian and Jade)

SilverxYellow, and BluexYellow, respectively.

8) Brings back the most beloved heros and heroines of Pokemon Special (Red, Green, Blue, Yellow and Silver!)

9) Crystal's not in it!!! :D -shot by Crys's fanbase-

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    9) Crystal's not in it!!! :D -shot by Crys's fanbase-
    Wait! Crystal has fan base? Just Kidding. I do love the heros of GSC (Gold's my favorite character) but what I was trying to say is the characters taking the lead in FRLG are the original heros who've had the most character development, and the ones more people are emotionally attached to. Besides Crystal is [Censored as to not give out spoilers] anyways.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Yellow wanted

How does that count for twenty five characters?

Anyway, Yellow is probably the most shippable character.

Back on topic...uhhh...well, no one's really on topic. :/

I guess lets not let this thread die.

What is your favorite part of Volumes 23-26?

I may have already said, but:

1) Silver's father is revealed, not to mention the emotions that ran with it.
    2) Any OldRival hints. ;D
    3) Red is holding Yellow in his arms when they are turned to stone.(although, JadeShippers have an upper hand on this one because Blue was holding her, first)

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    How does that count for twenty five characters?

Anyway, Yellow is probably the most shippable character.

Back on topic...uhhh...well, no one's really on topic. :/

I guess lets not let this thread die.

I may have already said, but:

1) Silver's father is revealed, not to mention the emotions that ran with it.
    2) Any OldRival hints. ;D
    3) Red is holding Yellow in his arms when they are turned to stone.(although, JadeShippers have an upper hand on this one because Blue was holding her, first)

I would think that Specialshipping (RedXYellow) would be the most preferred since multiple hints are given.
    1. The red string thing (when yellow hooked red's little finger)
    2. The holding of yellow in his arms. I mean yes blue (girl) held her first but exactly why did red take yellow when Sid appeared when he knows he can battle better without holding anything? Its like the writers wanted them to be stoned in that position.

Also Old Rival is Blue with Green right? Yes there are hints to that but not as obvious as Red X Yellow.

My favorite things about Volumes 23-26?
    Well there are a lot of things
    1. Character development on all of them, Although the main storyline and most character development is for Red.
    2. The Beast Trio, I mean talk about rocket elites so much better then the anime. (Although I kinda wish Sid had better pokemon)
    3. Mewtwo vs Deoxys, the first legendary vs legendary I saw that is good.
    4. The battleship landing
    5. The unexpected ending

Last edited:

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years

*The new character designs look FANTASTIC
    * The characters get VERY developed
    * Red gets "humanized"
    * Legendary pokemon are evil at first
    * Blue and Silver's past is revealed a bit more(chapter Escape!)
    * The plot is completely original and interesting

To make a long story short, the FRLG series kicks a**.

lalalagirl

Die-hard Oldrivalshipper >:D~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2009
    I don't really understand why she does anyway... I mean she was one of the genuinly evil guys, her and Agatha that is (I wonder what happened to her though)

Because four island is her hometown i'm pretty sure :)

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Yeah, I just like it because Lorelei is one of my favorite characters (I wasn't happy when they removed her from the E4 in GSC. The only thing I didn't like about them!), but I do see your point, it didn't make sense why she went good in the Manga. But I'm a BallShipper (Lorelei x Bill) so I needed her to become good.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Yeah, I just like it because Lorelei is one of my favorite characters (I wasn't happy when they removed her from the E4 in GSC. The only thing I didn't like about them!), but I do see your point, it didn't make sense why she went good in the Manga. But I'm a BallShipper (Lorelei x Bill) so I needed her to become good.

GSC they featured only the elite four of johto. In my opinion it DID make sense that she went good. After all the only reason she wanted to wipe out humanity was because of the pollution they made which killed numerous pokemon and their habitats plus the sevi islands is her hometown and team rocket has disrupted it.

Also I kinda wish that instead of a new beast trio. Giovanni should have used the old team rocket triad. I mean of course Koga has left but there are still surge and subrina. Also I believe that the fans would have wanted to see a rematch with Red and Surge and Lorelei with Subrina. At the same time they can bring back the old characters.

Plus in a totally unrelated topic. Did you guys ever wondered why Red's hat just fell off before he became a statue? I mean COME ON
    1. Deoxys rammed him in high speed on their first battle
    2. Deoxys grabbed him and circled the air, not to mention mewtwo barely hitting him with its Psychic attack
    3. They almost fell off the airship when Carr took over the airship's controls
    4. Plus the last crash before Mew intervened, they basically got tossed around the armory

Now I have heard that some characters have a signiture look (in red's case the hat) and some writers no matter what keeps that image but why only before becomming a statue?

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
    Plus in a totally unrelated topic. Did you guys ever wondered why Red's hat just fell off before he became a statue? I mean COME ON
    1. Deoxys rammed him in high speed on their first battle
    2. Deoxys grabbed him and circled the air, not to mention mewtwo barely hitting him with its Psychic attack
    3. They almost fell off the airship when Carr took over the airship's controls
    4. Plus the last crash before Mew intervened, they basically got tossed around the armory

Now I have heard that some characters have a signiture look (in red's case the hat) and some writers no matter what keeps that image but why only before becomming a statue?

LOL!!!!!! I was like "WTF?" when I read that. I mean, after ALL of that, his hat only gets knocked off by that ONE blow.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    LOL!!!!!! I was like "WTF?" when I read that. I mean, after ALL of that, his hat only gets knocked off by that ONE blow.

By the looks of the picture (at least I think it is) it got knocked out while he was running to jump into the blast. Kinda makes you wonder right?

Back