• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3/27 - COTD - Infernape (Diamond & Pearl)

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
Years
  • infernape.jpg

O.o

Rate & Review this oddly undercosted Pokemon. >.> <.<

Thanks to Water Pokemon Master from www.pokebeach.com for the scan.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    That's, uh, Infernape. ;)

And it's also freakishly powerful. Plenty of ways to be able to do 90 damage every single turn, and Meteor Punch is freakish. No retreat cost is...scary.

Drawbacks, I suppose...only 100HP, no Resistance, and a fairly big Weakness.

9/10. Freakishly powerful.

ck1109

Mew Rules!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2009
    yowch!! id be scared if i had to face someone who played this thing! 2 fire energies doing 90 dmage.... thats quite smething

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    O.o

Rate & Review this oddly undercosted Pokemon. >.> <.<

I do believe you already summed the card up in three words: "oddly undercosted Pokemon".

Seriously, 1 of ANY energy for at least 30 damage (unless you're bad with flips) and 2 damage for 90? At the cost of what, losing all your two fire energy and having to use the already-broken first attack next round? Add to that worthwhile 100 HP, the new Weakness system, and NO RETREAT COST.

Not even Solarys can say this is a bad card. And that's saying a LOT.

9.9/10

~Solarys~

OMG, loli~~~!!!111oneone
    Years
  • =o=;;; ............. so not a card........

Flare Blitz is so not a name for a move...... the discarding is not a problem considering you'll get all your fire energy back if you use the X version of it, unless I misread the text.

The first attack is nothing more than a test of luck, but the single energy cost is OK.

100 HP stage 2 seems quite bad in the new system considering there is no more 200HP Whalelord ex, and those X cards are nothing more than "stage 3" evolutions in a sense. But free retreat balances its low HP.
    No comment on the weakness system as I haven't tested it yet - the cards aren't even out.

Anyway, if high damage is all you want, then use it, but if you want staying power, then use something else that's more reliable. But with its free retreat you can always hit and run with it...

8/10

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    =o=;;; ............. so not a card........

Flare Blitz is so not a name for a move...... the discarding is not a problem considering you'll get all your fire energy back if you use the X version of it, unless I misread the text.

The first attack is nothing more than a test of luck, but the single energy cost is OK.

100 HP stage 2 seems quite bad in the new system considering there is no more 200HP Whalelord ex, and those X cards are nothing more than "stage 3" evolutions in a sense. But free retreat balances its low HP.
    No comment on the weakness system as I haven't tested it yet - the cards aren't even out.

Anyway, if high damage is all you want, then use it, but if you want staying power, then use something else that's more reliable. But with its free retreat you can always hit and run with it...

8/10

>.> Had to prove me wrong, didn't you?

And further prove your

QFred

Behold...
    Years
  • Ok... first... is it me, or if this is a final card prototype it looks like a mediocre fake... OMG... look at fonts and placement...

Then, how can any one make a card so powerful...

Just be Happy Go Lucky and you'll deal stupidly big amounts of damage with Meteor Punch (OMG... lame name warning...) and deal 90 straight damage with Flame Blitz (What the Phaque?)...

And 100HP, no RC and only +30 on weakness... BAN the card! This was product from a lame faker called Pokémon LABS!

I hope I could express my opinion in an extremely violent and pasive way so you can look to it and never replying again.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • This is the Pokemon Game's method to repay fire Pokemon's suckiness in Diamond/Pearl games by buffing them sky high in the TCG instead.

I personally think this thing got plenty of staying power... as long as it's not OHKO, run back for the turn, and come back to score another KO later. Its ability to run in lightning speed is a strong indication of staying power, forcing opponent to play Pokemon reversal or other effects that hit the bench if they ever want this thing to die. DP doesn't have that many Pokemon with higher hp really... we're back to the 120s which seems to be the average number again. 100 is only 20 off of that... not that many Pokemon got HP over 120 in DP o.o;

Last edited:

LawLessChaoz

LawLessChaotic
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    HP:...............OK 1 points
    Attack/Type:......Good 2 points
    Weak:.............OK 1 points
    Retreat:..........Good 2 points
    Restitance:.......OK 1 points

Overall 7/10

Too powerful to not be EX will probaly be banned.

Back