• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen 3 new starters

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I personally would like to seen an alteration in the starters, but I don't think that is going to happen so quickly. For all the generations, Nintendo/Game Freak have always used the tried and tested combination of Grass/Water/Fire. Personally - I would love to see some startes that go along the lines of: Fighting, Dark, Psychic, as these also have the strengths and weaknesess triangle as the previous trio do. But alas... I doubt this shall happen for a long time... if at all even :/

Angelus

Up and Coming
    Years
    If they continue to make games in the manner they have for the past number of years, it's likely that they'll keep to Grass/Water/Fire. But if they were to finally decide that they wanted to do things a little different for one of their games(I.E. a different perspective game like Pokemon: Rocket Version, starting off as a Team Rocket Grunt.), they'd be more inclined to change the starting types to something suitable.

Emerald wouldn't likely have any changes made to it by way of starting Pokemon, though perhaps they'll do something like they did with Yellow and have you start with a different Pokemon entirely, not letting you choose.

Future versions of the game could and/or should have changes in the starters. If they were to make a game where you were to start in the Orange League(Though you'd be able to travel elsewhere afterwards), the logical choices for starters would be water types that can already Surf, unless they expect you to travel around on a boat to each island, which could take away from a player's interest.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    We've already seen the Sevii Islands being completely done by boat... ^^;

The starters can always change, and I say that they should too, especially the "weaker types" such as poison, bug and rock. These are also great types but are often forgotton by some trainers.

Rocket version or any "evil" organization version of the Pokemon game is impossible, because it breaks the image of Pokemon being one of the most children friendly game around. Or let's say, the main character will definitely eventually turn on the good side. But I really don't mind that...

Back