• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Pokémon Manga

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

30 Days of Pokémon Manga

Thanks to Miss Doronjo for suggesting this and supplying some of the questions! <3

This is basically a challenge where every day the question related to the manga changes and you answer based on which day it is. :3 Very simple and straightforward, and a great way to keep you thinking about the manga when you're not reading!

How do you participate?
    Well, this is the format:
    -Day number: This isn't the date, but what day of the challenge it is. Day 01, Day 24, and so on.
    -Question: It's much easier to read replies if you include the question in your post.
    -Answer: Obvious. :P

What if I'm late?
    No problem! Just start on the day we're on. You're welcome to also go back and do the rest of the days as well if you'd like though. Be sure to start on the first one that isn't crossed out, as I'll be keeping up to date with each one.

When does each day start/end?
    The first day starts as soon this post goes up. It will end at midnight tonight US Eastern time, and the next day will start. If you get confused, just go with whatever question isn't crossed out, since I'll be doing my absolute best to cross each out at midnight of the day in question.

Questions

Day 01 - What's your least favorite character?
    Day 02 - Which villain is your favorite?
    Day 03 - Which character is most like your personality in real life?
    Day 04 - Which character would you like to be most in the manga?
    Day 05 - Which character would you want as your best friend?
    Day 06 - What character do you think is the best designed visually?
    Day 07 - Which characters would you like to see interact with each other more?
    Day 08 - Which character do you think works best with their Pokémon?
    Day 09 - What character do you prefer in the manga over the games?
    Day 10 - Which manga would you choose to live in and why?
    Day 11 - If you could choose one of the characters as a traveling partner in a Pokémon adventure, which would it be and why?
    Day 12 - How many volumes of Pokémon manga do you actually own?
    Day 13 - What made you pick up your first Pokémon manga volume?
    Day 14 - Do you wait for the translations, or read it as soon as it's released in Japan?
    Day 15 - Do you keep up-to-date with new manga releases, or read it later?
    Day 16 - What's next on your list to read?
    Day 17 - Do you read the manga chapter-by-chapter, or when the volumes come out?
    Day 18 - Which is the most underrated manga?
    Day 19 - Which is the most overrated manga?
    Day 20 - When did you discover the Pokémon manga? Before or after the game? The anime?
    Day 21 - Where does the manga rank in your fandom compared to other ways to enjoy Pokémon - games, anime, TCG, merchandise?
    Day 22 - Do you prefer the manga series that closely follow the games, the ones that closely follow the anime, or the ones that separate themselves from the rest? Why?
    Day 23 - What is your favorite scene in the manga?
    Day 24 - What's the saddest moment in the manga?
    Day 25 - If you could give one character a piece of information at the beginning of their appearance in their manga, what would it be?
    Day 26 - Would you enjoy a crossover between the anime and the manga?
    Day 27 - Which two series of manga (or two arcs from the same) would you cross over and why?
    Day 28 - What's your biggest gripe with the manga?
    Day 29 - If one manga (or arc) could be made into a live-action show/movie, which one would you want?

Day 30 - If you could bring one thing from the manga into the games/anime, what would it be?

Last edited:

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Day 01

What's your least favorite character?

I would have to say it's a three way tie between Emerald, Platina and N. Hope I won't get flamed for this.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    From Pokedex Holder, its possibly Silver.
    Outside pokedex holder, Its obviously overrated N

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
    Years
  • Day 01 - What's your least favorite character?

Mine is either N, Emerald, or Platinum

Mine is either N, Emerald, or Platinum & could I sort of use this type of topic in a Game version way?

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    @Aquatic Wartortle - this is for the manga only. :x If you're asking if you can make a 30 Days of Pokemon Games, I would PM Sydian and ask her.

Day 01 - Least favorite character
    Mmmm, this is hard. It would probably be Pearl because he's part of that comedy duo but doesn't have any other gimmick like Diamond does.

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2013

Charon from Diamond & Pearl Adventure!

What a disappointing villain.

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
  • Day 01 - What's your least favorite character?
    PokeSpe: Um.......probably...I..have no clue.. ._.
    DPA!: Koya. seriously, as much as he had a sad story, it was really rushed, and he was an ass most of the time.

(you're counting other manga besides PokeSpe, right? owo; )

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    @chamo-chan: Yup! I specifically made the questions general so they can be applied to any of the mangas. :3

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2013

Hmmm.

Adventures: N. He seems...interesting.
    DPA: Cyrus was the only villain in that series. Charon was too pathetic to even be called one.
    ReBURST: Hmm. Hariru right now...

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Sakaki obviously. Sird come close for her level of deception

DexHolderBlue

The Sneaky Thief
    Years
  • Day 02 - Which villain is your favorite?

Archie and "The Masked Man" from PokeSpe. Archie because annoying though he may be, he really is an evil b******.

My liking for The Masked Man stems from the fact that had he not kidnapped both Blue and Silver, they never would've grown up together.

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    day 2
    Pryce. He was kind of nice in the end of the Gold Silver Crystal chapter

I´m one of those who checks every day for a new chapters

day 2
    Pryce. He was kind of nice in the end of the Gold Silver Crystal chapter

I´m one of those who checks every day for a new chapters

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Pryce would have to be my favorite because of his sad, sad story. In the end he just wanted to fix his tragic story ;___; N is creeping up there though!

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    Day 2: What is your favorite villain?
    The Masked Man was an awesome villain. He's just so evil and messed up.

Day 1: What's your least favorite character?
    BLUE'S PARENTS. They're probably the ONLY characters in the entire PokeSpe manga that I could find absolutely nothing I liked about them. They weren't heroes, villains, comic relief, or anything. They were just some dumb mutes that walk straight into a blatantly obvious hole, getting themselves captured.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    ... This is harder than it was supposed to be. I guess with Pokedex Holders it would have to be Emerald (I do like him! Just not as much as the others.) Outside Pokedex holders I guuuuuess... Maxie. Yeah.

Pryce. His backstory just makes me feel soo sympathetic towards him, and I'm a sucker for sympathetic villains. Giovanni would have to be up there as well.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Day 02

Which villain is your favorite?

If Commander Mars is considered a villain than it's Mars mainly because she always seems to get along with her enemies more than her own comrades.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Day 01 - WHO's your least favorite character?

First off let me apologize for being such a grammar geek ;;

Out of 'Dex holders, definitely Sapphire. I used to like her before I read the manga, but now? I just think she's an annoyance. /also Emerald is awesome OK you Emerald haters ;;

Out of non-Dex holders? Definitely Archie/Guile Hideout. BECAUSE OF WHAT HE DID TO MAXIE, SOB. <- Spoiler in transparent since Idk how many of y'all had read the Emerald arc.

Either Courtney or N. Courtney was just badass in general (not to mention her death was sad ;;), and N's, well... N. Need I say more?

/haha, I'm being highly opinionated today

chamo-chan

Years
  • Day 02 - Which villain is your favorite?
    Hm...probably Courtney. :3
    I mean, she was pretty nasty at first. I think she only joined Team Magma just to satisfy her interest in watching things burn. (yikes) She's also pretty straightforward with Ruby with regards to working together. It's kind of interesting knowing her past as a coordinator, and it's good to see she went back to contests after the crisis. I guess she was never really evil to begin with. Just bored. Is it just me, or do the more scary villains do evil things because of boredom?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    And with that, day 3!

Hm...I would have to say Yellow. I hate hate hate to see someone get hurt, even if I'm arguing with them. I could be super mad at someone and if they start acting legitimately upset I pretty much give up cause I don't like it, lol. I also would say for a long time I depended on others like she depended on Red and followed others, and now I'm starting to work independently like she did in her chapter. :3c

chamo-chan

Years
  • (already?)
    I guess I'll be all cliche and say Yellow (I'm only going to use PokeSpe as an example because I can't really think of anyone else I am like from the other pokemon mangas I've read.)
    I don't like seeing people hurt or mad at each other. I also hate arguing with others, but if I have to, I will, though I don't think I'd be scary about it. I also am a bit like Crystal. I am hard working and I want to do my best, but sometimes when I run into an obstacle that seems impassible to me, I panic and I have no clue what to do. It's during that time that I need someone to lift me up and get me going (though no slaps across the face, please. oo;;; )

Back