• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen 30$ for Saphire

SpiderCarnage

This guy
Years
  • yes i was at gamestop yesterday leafgreen was 29.99 used i was like what the hell my sister got fire red new last year for 19.99

Years
  • If you're having trouble finding one, take one for the team and get it. I spent months trying to find a copy of Ruby and a Gamestop I was at had one...$30. Was it too much? Yes. Did I really care? No. I just wanted to finally get it.

It's up to you though.

Kesey

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2009
    Yeah my copy is at Gamestop for thirty dolors as well; I'm still contemplating on weather I should buy it or not.

Years
  • Not really considering that Emerald has everything that Sapphire has and more. See if you can get Emerald instead and compare the prices.

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Yes. Gamestop is overpricing used pokemon games (with other stuff I'd purchase like Megaman and Zelda at least three times cheaper) at that price, the start price in some areas, 'cause they know you'll buy it. If you can, go garage saling and you'll probably find one six times cheaper. Don't give in.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
  • Isn't that the same price as Emerald? 0______o

Uh. But wow. Expensive much? That's about how much it was when it was brand new. If you're really bent on getting it though, I say go for it.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I recommend getting Pokémon Emerald because it's basically an improved version of Sapphire and Ruby.

You might as well get one with that price. Pokémon games take years for it's price to go down.

Years
  • Hur, hur. Fire Red at this one store I went to was 25 friggin dollars.
    The GameStop I went to had Ruby & Sapphire for $14-$15, and FR/LG for $22.

But why the hell is Emerald still $34.99? Makes no damn sense. Lucky for me, I got my copy for 20 bucks.

Years
  • Its not just Pokémon games- I went to a GameStop here a few days ago and found Final Fantasy X for $9.99 used. I go back about a week later and find it again, now for $16.99. Bad move in my opinion- with the economy in the shape its in, the last thing GameStop needs to do is raise prices for games.

But yeah, Pokémon games are still expensive. If I were you, I'd see about getting a new copy, since a used runs a chance of not working.

darkmewham2

Cold's catch rate- 100%. D:
    Years
  • Unfortunately, the last gen games still have their price up because of Pal Park and Nintendo's dislike of lowering their prices. They expect that people will buy it just to get those 200 or so Pokemon to migrate to Pal Park. $30 is pretty average, as 20$ is average for FireRed/LeafGreen (They were kind of a bomb, thats why the prices are lowered...) However, a new Pokemon Emerald is still $35, a little less than the price it was when the game was released.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • If you want to get technical, Emerald is missing Lunatone and Sapphire has it, but it's not that wonderful, I suppose. Not unless you're trying to complete the Pokedex.

Years
  • Its not just Pokémon games- I went to a GameStop here a few days ago and found Final Fantasy X for $9.99 used. I go back about a week later and find it again, now for $16.99. Bad move in my opinion- with the economy in the shape its in, the last thing GameStop needs to do is raise prices for games.

But yeah, Pokémon games are still expensive. If I were you, I'd see about getting a new copy, since a used runs a chance of not working.

Y'know, I'm beginning to wonder if the GameStop that I go to is just customer friendly, or what. FFX over there is $8.99 over there. I find that odd, seeing that I ALSO got a copy of Innocent Life:A Futuristic Harvest Moon, which is WAAAAY newer than that game just stated, for not even $20. And then to get Persona 3 & 4 for 20 bucks each? That's like, overkill, seeing that P4 runs $39.99 a copy.

Maybe the people just like me for being a valid customer every 3 friggin days. :)

BUG♥CATCHER★BREEZE

Lurker from the deep
    Years
  • >D I got FireRed a few months back for 45c and five minstrels off a friend of mine. The best place to get the game is to ask your friends, chances are that they haven't played it in years, and are willing to give it to you for next to nothing.

Back