• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Nintendo posts images of Japanese Virtual Console Pok?mon game boxes

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
They look fantastic. I was slightly too young to have grown up with RBGY, but I do appreciate how much they do take me back to the days when I first picked the games up. I actually can't wait!

Raburesu

Technology is incredible!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
It's awesome that they're doing this. I just wonder if we'll get an equivalent for the North American release...? I really hope so! It is the 20th anniversary, after all!

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I wish we could get something like this in the US. I wonder if it just hasn't been announced here yet, or if they don't think it would sell as well here, for whatever reason. As a physical game/collector type myself, I wouldn't mind some physical 20th anniversary collectibles (aside from entire game systems) that I could pick up to commemorate the occasion. Still, I don't read Japanese, and my nostalgia is for the American versions, not the Japanese ones, so I won't be importing these physical releases.

Years
It's awesome that they're doing this. I just wonder if we'll get an equivalent for the North American release...? I really hope so! It is the 20th anniversary, after all!

I hope so, too. It's totally unfair that Japan gets all the good stuff while the rest of us get left out in the cold.

blue

gucci
Years
These look awesome! I hope they can release them internationally too, I wouldn't mind paying extra for something like this.

Back