• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Celebrate 20 Years of Battles in the Kanto Classic!

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
Celebrating 20 years of Pokémon battles, the Kanto Classic Online Competition features rules that mirror competitive play from the original Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue games. Create a team using only the first 149 Pokémon in the National Pokédex. In true classic Pokémon spirit, all battles will be Single Battles, and all six of the Pokémon in your party will be used in each battle. Plus, items will not be allowed! You will be able to bring in Pokémon from earlier games via Poké Transporter, and all Pokémon over Lv. 50 will be set to Lv. 50 for the duration of the battle. Good luck battling in the Kanto Classic!

Click here to view the article.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
This looks like so much fun! I'm considering signing up for this, and it would be my first time ever participating in an online competition. I'd love to get my hands on that Dragonite!

So guys, anyone else have plans on participating in this competition? What Pokémon do you all plan on bringing? Do you plan on building the best competitive team you can, or just gonna use a team of your favorites?

ShinyGyaradosisShiny

Just some Neckbeard who plays Pokemon
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2020
My team is going to revolve around quiver dance venomoth, while having cleanup rapidash and chansey do the stalling and physical damage

Rapidash
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drill Run
- Flare Blitz
- Agility
- Baton Pass

Venomoth
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Defog
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder

Alakazam
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

Jolteon
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Quick Attack

Kingler
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crabhammer
- Hone Claws
- Superpower
- Guillotine

Chansey
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell

Basically, this general team is based around baton pass and doing crazy damage while also retaining a defensive setup

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2017
If I able to join the tournament then my stradgey is start off with Golem to setup Stealth Rocks, Snorlax as a wall, Machamp as a Wallbreaker, Gengar as my main special sweeper, Golbat or Butterfree to inflict confusion and status effects and a final pokemon for cleanup. I'm thinking Magmar, Persian and Blastoise for cleanup but I am thinking of others.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
If I able to join the tournament then my stradgey is start off with Golem to setup Stealth Rocks, Snorlax as a wall, Machamp as a Wallbreaker, Gengar as my main special sweeper, Golbat or Butterfree to inflict confusion and status effects and a final pokemon for cleanup. I'm thinking Magmar, Persian and Blastoise for cleanup but I am thinking of others.

Sounds like a good team!

Speaking of Stealth Rocks, I'm surprised to see that they're allowing non gen 1 moves in this competition. Not that I'm complaining though! haha

Back