• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen 20 Memories of #Pokemon20 - Day 4: Second is just Gold

Years
Soon after, on that fateful Sunday night, I caught a Hoothoot, my first introduction to the day/night system and to the new Pokémon outside of the starters.

Myself as well! I started my Gold journey on a schoolnight and Hoothoot was one of my very first encounters.. which I got tired of really quickly, I'll be honest. That encounter rate. 8[ But of course it's a fond memory for us both and will always be one of those special experiences that are hard to recreate.

Although my team was not exactly balanced, Gold got me started on breeding, learning about egg moves, and thinking more about teams than just about my starter.

That's pretty early on to start getting into egg moves and the like, especially if you started out playing young. Really cool. Took me until the fourth generation to start thinking more on nature effects alone much less egg moves. Seems like you were meant to be a Pokémon master from the start. ;p

Lovely article! That ending almost made me feel nostalgic for the older days of gens I and II. <3

Back