• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's Discuss: Pokémon Sun and Moon's New Region

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
When they were talking about Professors named after a bush. You might be thinking of Professor Ivy, which was an anime exclusive character. And I think they named her Ivy, because the only professor at the time was Oak. And both can be related if they are poison ivy and oak.

Kukui and Hala are both trees. They are trees in Hawaii. Not only is Kukui a tree, it is also the state tree of Hawaii. This makes every main game exclusive professor names after a tree.

Lunaala was definitely outside. There is a sky where it pops up. So this might be a throw back to 2nd Gen where we can catch both legendary pokemon within the games.

One thing I didn't hear them mention, is the fact that you could see most of the island in a few camera angles.

And although he might have been sarcastic. I highly doubt there is only 1 gym and they change with seasons. Not only is there only 4 seasons, but the idea is honestly, probably one of the dumbest ideas I have ever heard in a pokemon game. Possibly even dumber than Pokemon Fusion. It would take 4 months to get 4 badges. Not to mention Hawaii is mainly tropical, unless you are up in the mountains.

As for Poke Mart and Poke Centers, I hope they keep together. But I hope it is set up more like the Unova ones.

It was fun to listen, but some things were cringe worthy to me lol.

Years
When they were talking about Professors named after a bush. You might be thinking of Professor Ivy, which was an anime exclusive character. And I think they named her Ivy, because the only professor at the time was Oak. And both can be related if they are poison ivy and oak.

Kukui and Hala are both trees. They are trees in Hawaii. Not only is Kukui a tree, it is also the state tree of Hawaii. This makes every main game exclusive professor names after a tree.

Lunaala was definitely outside. There is a sky where it pops up. So this might be a throw back to 2nd Gen where we can catch both legendary pokemon within the games.

I think that with Kukui's (and presumably Hala as well) name they definitely went into extra detail with the tree naming theme. I had never heard of the Kukui tree before now but I guess all this SM stuff really is serving as my Hawaii education lesson and I hope to learn more.

Solgaleo and Lunaala definitely look like they appeared at a tower with two pillars that have the game logos on them. I feel the "catching both" might be something Game Freak wants to keep exclusive to Johto but it would be interesting to see such a method reintroduced.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think that with Kukui's (and presumably Hala as well) name they definitely went into extra detail with the tree naming theme. I had never heard of the Kukui tree before now but I guess all this SM stuff really is serving as my Hawaii education lesson and I hope to learn more.

Solgaleo and Lunaala definitely look like they appeared at a tower with two pillars that have the game logos on them. I feel the "catching both" might be something Game Freak wants to keep exclusive to Johto but it would be interesting to see such a method reintroduced.
Don't forget the third versions. Actually since we might not get a third version anymore we might as well get both...

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 1, 2016
What if the strange souvenir from x and y goes with the Alola Region it represents almost like a tiki idol so it makes sense.

Back