• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Check out this new Sun/Moon footage

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
Years
  • One of my friends pointed out that the lion Legendary looks like a Zoid, and now I can't unsee it. Still gettng Sun, though, and all the footage just keeps adding to the hype. I like the style of the sprites, and characters all look pretty cute. c:

Also, Pokedex designs have come such a long way. lol

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • One of my friends pointed out that the lion Legendary looks like a Zoid, and now I can't unsee it. Still gettng Sun, though, and all the footage just keeps adding to the hype. I like the style of the sprites, and characters all look pretty cute. c:

Also, Pokedex designs have come such a long way. lol

I noticed that when I first saw it...now where are the other Zoids? Will they all fuse to create Perfect Zygarde xD.

I noticed that the big building in the artificial island seems to have Solgaleo's insignia. What could this mean?

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
  • I noticed that when I first saw it...now where are the other Zoids? Will they all fuse to create Perfect Zygarde xD.

I noticed that the big building in the artificial island seems to have Solgaleo's insignia. What could this mean?
    Yes, all the little pieces of Zygarde are secretly Zoids.

And maybe that's where you find him in-game??

This footage tempts me to get Moon, but my bf and me already agreed that I was gonna get Sun and he would get Moon, so now I'm like O WELL. It'll still be fun either way, I just prefer Moon's Legendary. NOW THAT THE ZOID THING RUINED THE LION. /shakes fist

Years
  • Yes, all the little pieces of Zygarde are secretly Zoids.

And maybe that's where you find him in-game??

This footage tempts me to get Moon, but my bf and me already agreed that I was gonna get Sun and he would get Moon, so now I'm like O WELL. It'll still be fun either way, I just prefer Moon's Legendary. NOW THAT THE ZOID THING RUINED THE LION. /shakes fist

People are also now also calling it "Alphonse" or "Ed(ward)" as a reference to Full Metal Alchemist xD. Funny enough the Sun is important in Alchemy >_>...

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
  • ^ Whelp, time to name my Legendary Edward if I catch him.

Also, I wanna know the name of the girl with the long hair, in the white dress / hat. What a cute NPC. ;w;

Years

Also, I wanna know the name of the girl with the long hair, in the white dress / hat. What a cute NPC. ;w;

Her name is Lillie I believe. The official site says she's the mysterious assistant to Professor Kukui, and that she dislikes battles. It also says that she plays an important role in the plot of the story.

She is pretty cute. Reminds me of Caitlin a little.

I wonder if Lillie has met N and was influence by his views on battles. Or maybe she just developed those views independently. But involving N somehow would kind of bring the story together.

Years

According to the trailer, her name is Lillie. It's assumed her role in the games is as an assistant to Kukui but I feel that she might have something mysterious to her.

Years
  • According to the trailer, her name is Lillie. It's assumed her role in the games is as an assistant to Kukui but I feel that she might have something mysterious to her.

No need to assume that, the official site itself confirms that she's 'mysterious' xD. I kind of want her to have a connection to N.

I wonder if she could be related to a monarch or former monarch of Alola. Hawaii had a monarchy at one point with a female ruler. I pointed out how Ghetsis and Lysander resembled King George III of England and King Louis the XVI of France respectively before, both the last monarchs to rule over the American colonies, and France respectively. I can see Lillie resembling the last Queen of Hawaii in someway.

Edit: Queen Liliuokalani was said to be a pacifist, which brings to mind Lillie's dislike of battles.

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
  • Ahahaha, thank you both. I was sitting there trying to read her Japanese name, going "Ri..ri.." but it never hit me to romanize it as Lillie. I wonder if they'll just change it to Lily in the English release.. Either way, holy dang she's so cute.

N coming back would be wonderful, but I also don't see it happening.

Years
  • No need to assume that, the official site itself confirms that she's 'mysterious' xD. I kind of want her to have a connection to N.

I wonder if she could be related to a monarch or former monarch of Alola. Hawaii had a monarchy at one point with a female ruler. I pointed out how Ghetsis and Lysander resembled King George III of England and King Louis the XVI of France respectively before, both the last monarchs to rule over the American colonies, and France respectively. I can see Lillie resembling the last Queen of Hawaii in someway.

Edit: Queen Liliuokalani was said to be a pacifist, which brings to mind Lillie's dislike of battles.

I've never heard of Liliuokalani until now, but after what you mentioned it does make sense.

Ahahaha, thank you both. I was sitting there trying to read her Japanese name, going "Ri..ri.." but it never hit me to romanize it as Lillie. I wonder if they'll just change it to Lily in the English release.. Either way, holy dang she's so cute.

N coming back would be wonderful, but I also don't see it happening.

The US trailer has already confirmed her English name is Lillie.

Years
  • I've never heard of Liliuokalani until now, but after what you mentioned it does make sense.

The US trailer has already confirmed her English name is Lillie.

An interesting tidbit from Wikipedia on her "The Queen was also remembered for her support of Buddhist and Shinto priests in Hawaiʻi and became one of the first Native Hawaiians to attend a Vesak Day (Buddha's Birthday) celebration of May 19, 1901 at the Honwangji mission. Her attendance in the celebration had helped Buddhism and Shintoism gain acceptance into Hawaiʻi's society and prevented the possible banning of those two religions by the Territorial government. Her presence was also widely reported in Chinese and Japanese newspapers throughout the world and earned her the respect of many Japanese people both in Hawaiʻi and in Japan itself." It's possible that GF has heard of her, and will pay tribute to her legacy.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Favorite thing about all of this is the fact that it's making CoroCoro completely useless.

Years
  • Favorite thing about all of this is the fact that it's making CoroCoro completely useless.

Thinking about it, I wouldn't be surprised if CoroCoro let us down again and just showed the same info we got from these trailers or heck, even something unrelated to S/M again.

Years
  • Thinking about it, I wouldn't be surprised if CoroCoro let us down again and just showed the same info we got from these trailers or heck, even something unrelated to S/M again.

I wonder how they'll weasel their way out this time if Serebii's translation of an "exclusive" was correct, showing old info is not an "exclusive". In the past the corocoro June issue was usually huge! Irc we got Megas announced in June too. I'm kind of expecting our first non-starter/legendary mons, seeing how we've only gotten starters & legendaries thus far.

Back