• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon GO Plus releases September 16th

Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    So finally, nintendo is going to make some money based on pokemon go?

I wonder what hackers can do with the one click catch feature.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    Question is will many people buy it, I haven't spoken to anyone who said they would consider buying it, it seems a bit useless to me because it doesn't count towards your step counter.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Is it really worth it now? A lot of people have stopped playing and a lot have already filled up their pokedex. Niantic left this too late.

Years
    • Age 45
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    im pretty sure im not the only one who is not interested in the plus thingy.
    i just want to know when the next update is coming out.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    I was initially sure I would never get it, but with winter approaching I'm realizing that it's going to be very difficult to play, even as casually as I do now, on my phone.
    Still not sure I'm gonna get it, but I'm at least considering the possibility now.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    If it tracked steps for egg hatching I would buy one but looks like I will fall to temptation and go for the Apple Watch instead

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    In my opinion I don't really see the point of this. I just really want to see them add more Pokémon to the game...

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Sep 14, 2016
    If my RAM is 1,5 GB instead of 2 that is required,is there anything i can do?

Years
  • depending how it works when you're not in the app or it's in the background, or your pocket, or whatever, i will probably get it. it will make pokestop runs in the car easier. and more back to IRL stuff and less time with my face in my phone.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    Has anyone got the plus yet? apparantly early reports are saying that it tracks your egg distance and buddy candy despite niantic saying it wouldn't and they havent confirmed it yet

Years
  • I read all the reddit info about how it works, and i'm not going to buy it right away.

it will only throw 1 regular ball at 1 mon. no 2nd chances. the mon auto runs if the ball fails.

no dust or exp. only candy. weak.

it will spin stops. i can't find if you get the exp from those spins though.

seems to be not worth it to me so far. i'll wait for more reviews. i'd rather buy incubators.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • I bought it, got home reviewed it and I shouldn't have gotten it, I mean, just for it to tell me there is a pokemon or such near by and then to go to my phone to get it, what's the point? I could have already been on my phone to see it in the first place, I should have researched it a bit more before I threw that money away as I can't return it now.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    So if you pass by a Pokémon you click a button, it throws a ball at the Pokémon, catches it, then later you can see which Pokémon it was on your phone?

But why would you want to catch a random Pokémon, I usually pick and choose which Pokémon I catch because I don't want to waste time and Poke balls catching Pidgey and Caterpie, which right now I'm only catching for the medals. But after that I'm done with them.

Also some Pokémon are high cp, or usually they flee. Does the game mention this? Does it catch them using a Poke ball since that's the default ball? Does it use Master Ball's when catching Pokémon ie it catches Pokémon no matter the cp or red/orange/green circle.

Also it's kind of a Pokeball wristband, I don't think I'd want to wear that in public.

Years
  • I bought it, got home reviewed it and I shouldn't have gotten it, I mean, just for it to tell me there is a pokemon or such near by and then to go to my phone to get it, what's the point? I could have already been on my phone to see it in the first place, I should have researched it a bit more before I threw that money away as I can't return it now.

sell it used on craigslist. there is still a market. it's still the new shiny. you can probably make some $$$ back.

i've read further on the internets, people seems to say you DO get the exp for spinning stops with it. i'll be picking one up (sooner or later) when i do car stop runs.

i WON'T be using it to catch any pokemon. stops only.

Last edited:

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • sell it used on craigslist. there is still a market. it's still the new shiny. you can probably make some $$$ back.

i've read further on the internets, people seems to say you DO get the exp for spinning stops with it. i'll be picking one up (sooner or later) when i do car stop runs.

i WON'T be using it to catch any pokemon. stops only.

It will be hard to get, every one is listing them and saying they are sold out in stores every where.

Back