• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hints to trading found in Pokémon Go code

Z25

Team Player
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Nice! Looking at the code, trading could be worldwide if there search for trading players is anything to go by. This doesn't mean to much though. I imagine searching within your area could make sense as well.

Glad to see any code for it, as it does hint towards it coming soon. Trading will be a lot of fun and bring players together. Which is why I could see trading being worldwide as well. This would put a bigger emphasis on bringing people together.

Hope to hear more soon!

Years
  • I wish people wouldn't do this sort of thing to be honest. Niantic have already said that trading will be a thing and they'll announce it when it's ready or close to ready to go. At least it doesn't ruin the surprise like hacking the main series games ruined the surprise of future event Pokémon but it still adds fuel to entitled internet trolls. I am however looking forward to trading becoming a thing and though unlikely I'm keeping everything crossed it will extend to items to too!

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • Age 36
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I've heard sooo many people say that they would pick the game back up again if trading were implemented, and we have heard from Niantic themselves that it'll be added in the foreseeable future. So this isn't really anything new, but it's pretty cool that it does confirm that we might get sooner than later.

I don't really care about item trading, and actually what I'd look forward to most would be just that people would pick the game back up. I'm not even sure I'd wanna trade all too much myself. Maybe a few things, but I like hunting down my own, unless something is outright impossible to find in my area.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • I thought trading was a given already.

I'm actually surprised no one mentioned this. The following has been in Pokémon GO's Terms of Service since the very beginning. Excerpt in full:

Spoiler:

Essentially it's similar to other online games that feature a "marketplace" where items count as virtual goods. In this case, the capturable Pokémon (creatures) are a form of goods. The terms set in place essentially states that players are not to use trading features as means of generating profit in sales and that they will only trade using in-game means (no hacking, third party apps, etc.).

Yes, I do read the complete ToS for every game I play {XD}

Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    I hope its local with a rather short range, otherwise, sure, it may get some old players back in the game. But if its global, those people would stay home. Diablo 3 got badly burned by having a big global auction house, people were just browsing the auction house instead of actually playing, trading for loot instead of defeating monsters for loot.

If its a 100 meter radius, those people would go outside and come back to the popular spots.

I wonder if there will be some sort of currency or if its just pokemon for pokemon. I hope you would be able to trade pokemon for pokemon, pokemon for candy, and candy for candy. That way, dratini candy or magikarp candy could be currencies. With all the pokemon being so different and also influenced by movesets, IVs and level, it could be difficult if only pokemon for pokemon is possible.

EDIT: oh, and, the last thing they datamined was the buddy function, which was the next feature added, so this has a little bit of a track record of being reliable.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    definately agree that it should be short ranged, otherwise everyone will complete their pokedex within minutes of it being live.

Last edited:

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • Hoping this is a precursor for gen 2 Pokémon. If trading is enabled, people should complete their Pokédex faster, and then the game will need all those new Pokémon to keep the interest going. As someone who couldn't give a toss about gyms and IVs and all that crap and is in this solely to "catch 'em all", I really cannot wait for the next lot of Pokémon to become available.

Back