• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Cinnabar Volcano Burger

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    Awesome article! I wonder if Delia is from Cinnabar originally. I wonder if there's a similar dish in Lavaridge.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2017
    I joined this site simply to reply on this thread~ <3
    For years I've been wanting to eat these burgers, it was a dream come true when I saw this. So glad I found out about this.

I highly encourage you to submit your recipe to 'The Geeky Chef', they do great work there and more fans might see it and make it too.

Made these burgers tonight, they were wonderful!!
    I have some tweaks though. I hope you don't mind if I post my suggestions. In purple are my additions.
    Found it slightly confusing when I first read your recipe, you had an photo of a normal hamburger yet it was described it as a 'sloppy joe'. It came out 'sloppy' for me but I had mentally thought of the Cinnabar Volcano Burger as... well a sturdy hamburger.
    To cut the confusion, I re-made the burgers again and thought I'd post both variations.

Thank you once again for posting this~~~
    I will be making this again in the future. : D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    This burger was made with love from your Mother in the second generation of Pokémon games.

YOU have the choice in how you interpret this Cinnabar Volcano burger.
    Will it be: 'Hardy Hamburger' Version or 'Gushy Hamburger' Version?
    Let's start with the special "lava" sauce!

8 oz. [0.23 kg] cream cheese
    ½ teaspoon Japanese mayonnaise or typical mayonnaise
    ¼ cup ketchup
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    2 teaspoons chili powder
    2 teaspoons of smoked paprika powder
    2 jalapeño pepper slices, diced
    2 teaspoons jalapeño juice (use juice from can)
    ½ cup water
    ½ teaspoon red food coloring* (optional)

Start off by softening the cream cheese by warming it up in the microwave for 25 seconds. Next, mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, chili powder, smoked paprika powder together in a small bowl.
    Put the water, ketchup, sliced jalapeño pepper and juice in a blender, mix until smooth. Combine the blended ketchup, jalapeño sauce *red food coloring into the small bowl, mix well.
    Once everything is evenly mixed, set the sauce aside. Another simple step done!
    The next step will be the volcanic rocky-base— the patties!

1 teaspoon olive oil (or enough to lightly coat the pan)
    2½ lbs. [1.13 kg] ground beef

Pattie Seasoning:
    1 large red bell pepper, diced
    ½ onion, diced
    5 cloves garlic, minced
    1 tablespoon brown sugar
    1 tablespoon smoked paprika powder
    2 teaspoons chili powder
    ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
    Ground black pepper
    Salt

// choose your own adventure . . . what Hamburger Version to YOU want? //

'Hardy Hamburger' Version:
    To make the patties: in a large bowl kneed the raw-hamburger, add Pattie Seasoning and Worcestershire sauce (lid amount). Gently kneed and combine, handle the mixture as little as possible to prevent compacting. Divide and shape the ground beef into 10 patties. In order to make the patties thinner, place some plastic wrap on top of them and, using the back of a plate, press down on them until they are evenly flat. Grill to your desired rarity.
    10 slices pepper jack cheese
    Place 2 slices of pepper jack cheese (or an approximate equivalent) on top of 5 patties. Using the residual heat from the stove, take some cheese-topped-patties back over to the pan. Cover with a lid. Leave until cheese melts, 1 minute or so.

'Gushy Hamburger' Version:
    ½ cup water
    1 cup ketchup
    ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    Use a large pan; coat the pan with olive oil. Add the chopped onions. Wait until the onions are caramelized. Add the ground beef and brown it. Once ready, drain the fat thoroughly, and then return it to the pot. Mix in the Pattie Seasoning as well as the water, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Add pinches of salt and ground black pepper as desired. When everything is mixed together, cover the pot and leave it to simmer on medium to low heat for about 20 minutes.

Now for the assembling! But you still need two important ingredients:
    Buns or rolls of choice
    Hot sauce of choice (optional)

Grab a bun, patty, and "lava" sauce-and remember what mom always says: Leave some for everyone!
    And there you have it! Mom's specialty, the Cinnabar Volcano Burger!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I joined this site simply to reply on this thread~ <3
    For years I've been wanting to eat these burgers, it was a dream come true when I saw this. So glad I found out about this.

I highly encourage you to submit your recipe to 'The Geeky Chef', they do great work there and more fans might see it and make it too.

Made these burgers tonight, they were wonderful!!
    I have some tweaks though. I hope you don't mind if I post my suggestions. In purple are my additions.
    Found it slightly confusing when I first read your recipe, you had an photo of a normal hamburger yet it was described it as a 'sloppy joe'. It came out 'sloppy' for me but I had mentally thought of the Cinnabar Volcano Burger as... well a sturdy hamburger.
    We're very glad you tried the burger yourself and liked it! And you made some interesting variations, too; I hadn't thought to use red food coloring, that's very clever! The sloppy joes part of the burger is the "lava" part of the "volcano," which is definitely messy. But since the burger is never described in-game, that's a liberty I chose to make. Of course, you're free to make any changes you see fit--mom would want you to make the burger in a way you like best, after all!

Back