• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Solstice Pokémon GO Event is now live!

Taemin

move.
Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    WELL, I'm at least excited. I don't play GO nearly enough, but I love fire types so this is motivating.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • Whole of the Water event, one Totodile. Whole of the Grass event, 2 Chikoritas. First 18 hours of this event, 24 Cyndaquils. Heck yeah. Almost got enough Houndour Candy for a Houndoom too, and I'm stocking up on Charmander Candy for another Charizard and powering up.

Not noticed an increase in Ice types, but then there would need to be nothing but Ice types for me to notice it as we're already overrun by Swinubs, Jynxes, Sneasels and Shellders round here.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Have been catching a lot of Cyndaquil, have 100 candies, just need 24 more for the whole line.

Also seeing a lot of Growlithe, Vulpix, Houndour, Ponyta and Charmander.

Haven't seen much for ice types asides from Seel and Shellder who are only ice type once they evolve so no point in catching them.

Was hoping for some Sneasel or maybe Swinub's but alas none. Actually I think their spawnrates decreased during the event much like Totodile during the water event.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    I saw exactly one Ponyta before this event, but now today I was playing for a bit walking in town and I caught 4 of them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    I enjoy this event a lot, i am getting a lot of candy for pokemon that i usually cannot get candy for unless i visit a nest or hatch eggs.

The extra XP helped me to reach lvl 35, but i am not motivated to push hard for a higher level, 35 is basically good enough. It is more about dust and candy now, the high power-ups require ridiculous amounts of dust and candy and deliver little CP.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Easily got enough Cyndaquil candy, there's so many here. And then I caught a Typhlosion anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Still need more Swinub but I have easily improved on its Candy count already, and more than enough for Piloswine. Just working up to the gen 4 evolutions for it given it was so darn rare here.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    At work the other day, I finally caught a Houndoom from this, I'm so happy.

Next is Arcanine, MAYBE, I HOPE.

Neither of these ever show up for me all, this is the first Houndoom I've seen since Johto launch. ;.;

Back