• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guide: The Numbers Game: Shiny and Perfect Pokémon

bobandbill

one more time
Years
The Numbers Game: Shiny and Perfect Pok?mon

This was a long time coming, but I'm glad to finally have this out! Now I sure hope I didn't get any of the numbers wrong, but if I did, do say so and I'll do a sneaky edit. :V

Basically - an article about the chances of finding shiny and/or perfect Pokemon! Top tier cover art by Anastasia!

And while writing this I did have this come to my mind at least once...

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Can you add this to the Guide's index please? :D
Also, there is no mention of a Trainer Shiny Value / Egg Shiny Value, do you think it's a line or two you can add?
Also in the Perfect Stats, if you want to you could add Gender. Let's say you want a Female perfect Shiny Salandit (because males don't evolve) ?

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Can you add this to the Guide's index please? :D
Also, there is no mention of a Trainer Shiny Value / Egg Shiny Value, do you think it's a line or two you can add?
Also in the Perfect Stats, if you want to you could add Gender. Let's say you want a Female perfect Shiny Salandit (because males don't evolve) ?
Whoops missed this!

I opted to not mention the likes of TSVs because they do not affect the different cases; it's always there. It's mentioned in this article (https://daily.pokecommunity.com/2016/06/13/all-about-shiny-pokemon/) which is linked early in the article I wrote here.

I can mention that gender is another factor too, shall add in shortly! Any other comments/suggestions (general question to readers)?

Back