• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Dissatisfied Pokémon GO Fest attendee files lawsuit against Niantic

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    :/ The lawsuit won't get him anywhere. Technically Niantic never promised that the game would play flawlessly during the day. It's expected that yeah there would be some issues, at least from my POV. Niantic refunded the money so they did their part... they didn't make him buy the plane tickets. I mean legendaries were guaranteed to be caught, Pokemon merchandise everywhere... even if the game didn't work much I would have still loved it just for the fact of being there. Who else in the world can say they went to the event? Not that many people when you think about it. At least imo anyway.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I also doubt this will go very far. The person suing is going a little overboard. I mean, it would be one thing if Niantic didn't give people something for what happened, which they did. This was also the first time they've held a festival before. Of course there are going to be flaws the first time. It gives them a chance to learn from their mistakes and try again... if they do. I know my first time going to an anime con was a complete disaster. This is my own fault because I didn't plan it very well. It was my first time. I'm not sure whether this applies completely, but... yeah. The convention got a lot better for me once I learned how to plan everything and all that. So, that's why I think Niantic has learned from their mistakes.

Sorry... I got carried away and rambled...

Graine

It looks at you and casts Mind Blast.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    Yeah this won't go anywhere. This is the worst part about developping games; having to deal with entitled users who think that because they play your game, you owe them eveything and more.

Now I understand this is a frustrating turn of events. I can very well understand how someone who traveled there with their own money to have a good time could be angry after not being able to play. But a lawsuit..? Really..?

The sad part is that it happens after Niantic owned up to their mistake and refunded the attendees out of pure goodwill. This is why every company hosting this kind of event should issue a statement/disclamer in their rules/ToS to let everyone know that they are not to be held accountable for any issues with the game during the event.

Whew... I'm done ranting for the day...

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Jesus what a whiner. Niantic is already handing out refunds but some dude wants mooaaar. I hope he doesn't get anywhere with this.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    Zimmerman law firm sounds like a company that enables you to shoot somone dead in the street, and then walk free, and then sell the gun you used for the murder for tens of thousands of dollars.

Back