• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Pikachu appearing at Pokémon GO Yokohama Event

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Not yet sighted outside of Japan just yet, mind. Here's hoping!

EDIT: Updated - different raid bosses have also been seen at the event. Sign of things to come?

Last edited:

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
New Shiny and I don't even have Shiny Magikarp yet :'( it's so cute! I want one really bad
I own all of those new Raid Bosses too, but I'm glad they're bringing in variety

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Oct 5, 2017
Two mistakes: There is an image of a regular Pikachu while talking about the shiny, and Mr. Mime spawns in all of Europe and has nothing to do with the UK.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Two mistakes: There is an image of a regular Pikachu while talking about the shiny, and Mr. Mime spawns in all of Europe and has nothing to do with the UK.
I disagree on both counts.
- I really think that's the shiny Pikachu model in GO. This image from the website with said info also shows the comparison between regular and shiny, and it seems to match to me. https://i1.wp.com/pbs.twimg.com/media/DGv_IB3UIAEfygM.jpg?w=728&ssl=1 It's a slight difference, but a darker yellow/orange for sure and matches when you compare with the image within the article.
- Mr Mime is spawning in Japan. Straight from the Niantic post about it which is linked in the article:
Trainers will also have a unique opportunity to encounter some Pok?mon rarely encountered in Japan, including Mr. Mime, at both Pok?mon GO Park events!
(Granted, by 'rarely' they mean 'not at all until this event started', but there you go.)

Back