• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Pokémon Gold and Silver Walkthrough and Capture Guide

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
lmao I really enjoyed the tone of this article!
"So to summarize: Cyndaquil is the best starter, Totodile is the best meme, and Chikorita is a Grass-type in Johto."

Also had some cool reminders, like with Water Type attacks. I will still pick Chikorita, though ;)

Years
Even though I know that I will have a hard time with Chikorita, I will still choose it since Grass is my favorite starter type. Besides, I beat Clair's Kingdra in HeartGold by using Poison Powder. I am a little bit upset that the only way you can get evolution stones is either through the post-game or a very low chance through Mystery Gift. I am not sure if Mystery Gift would work on the 3DS, but I think it will since the 3DS has IR communication.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Even though I know that I will have a hard time with Chikorita, I will still choose it since Grass is my favorite starter type. Besides, I beat Clair's Kingdra in HeartGold by using Poison Powder. I am a little bit upset that the only way you can get evolution stones is either through the post-game or a very low chance through Mystery Gift. I am not sure if Mystery Gift would work on the 3DS, but I think it will since the 3DS has IR communication.

How did the Mystery Gift worked in the past? I never used it on those Gens.
And yeah, Silver/Gold Evolution stones are pretty rare, which Pokémon did you want to evolve with them?

Years
How did the Mystery Gift worked in the past? I never used it on those Gens.
And yeah, Silver/Gold Evolution stones are pretty rare, which Pokémon did you want to evolve with them?

Apparently Mystery Gift was originally a Game Boy Color exclusive feature that utilized IR ports that were only found on the Game Boy Color. This allows for the Mystery Gift to communicate with each other. The most common items obtained via Mystery Gift were room decorations of various items. The rarer items include the evolution stones as well as the max items. The rarest items include HP and PP ups and large decorations and if connected to Stadium 2, a new bed or rare dolls. I want to use the Water Stone to evolve Poliwhirl, the Fire stone to evolve either Growlithe or Eevee, the Leaf Stone to evolve Weepinbell and the Thunder Stone to evolve Pikachu or Eevee. https://www.serebii.net/gs/mysterygift.shtml

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • She/Her
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Wow I really enjoyed this! I would love to see more of these, although I know it's a lot to ask :p

Back