• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3D or 2D

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    I would like them to use both screens for the map and when you are in a battle the bottom screen becomes the pokedex so you can find statistics for the battle

Pokemon_Master_DAH

pokemon master
    Years
    • Age 31
    • hoen
    • Seen Feb 15, 2006
    i think nintendo's best 2d and detailed because 3d would take alot of memory. and 3d battles detailed as well. since its better than n64 graphics they could make the game so long and good graphics. i mean just 3d would be to much memory just 2d will give pokemon bad scores in graphics have u seen the scores? 6, 6.5 highest 7 and on the DS 4 4.5 highest 5. animated sprites for a long time like yosi tosh and go exceptable but in emeral just when chosen stupid. so 2d world 3d battles.

Pokemon_Master_DAH

pokemon master
    Years
    • Age 31
    • hoen
    • Seen Feb 15, 2006
    i think nintendo's best 2d and detailed because 3d would take alot of memory. and 3d battles detailed as well. since its better than n64 graphics they could make the game so long and good graphics. i mean just 3d would be to much memory just 2d will give pokemon bad scores in graphics have u seen the scores? 6, 6.5 highest 7 and on the DS 4 4.5 highest 5. animated sprites for a long time like yosi tosh and go exceptable but in emeral just when chosen stupid. so 2d world 3d battles.

Pokemon_Master_DAH

pokemon master
    Years
    • Age 31
    • hoen
    • Seen Feb 15, 2006

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    whats with triple posting?!! was it on purpose or an accident?
    that was just plain spammy.
    but I think 3D battles would rock!!!

Pokemon_Master_DAH

pokemon master
    Years
    • Age 31
    • hoen
    • Seen Feb 15, 2006
    Jirachi3 said:
    whats with triple posting?!! was it on purpose or an accident?
    that was just plain spammy.
    but I think 3D battles would rock!!!
    o god sorry my computer kept saying this page is not loading and i kept pressing refresh :dead: i guess it came 3 post i'm very sorry abut that :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2006
    but that would look out of place with pokemon i dont think having a mix of 2d or 3d works , i think only one or the other will do and as far as i am concerned pokemon has always look good in 2d

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    I have seen a trailer of Pokémon Diamond/Pearl, I think. It's 2D. The graphic looks like Game Boy Advance, but good for GBA. But it's DS not GBA. If it was about to be 3D I would worry, since the graphic of Colloseum and DX is very very bad and the Pokémon attacks the air and still hit their opponents. In Stadium at least it looked as if they were touching the opponent when they used tackle, bite, double edge, etc. Colloseum is also very slow. The Pokémon does not emediatly attack when you choose a move, but waits a few seconds. And when you strike more than once your Pokémon attacks, the opponent is hit, you attack, opponent is hit and so on. In Stadium you attack X number of times and the opponent is hit X times, so that the camera don't need to switch so many times as when in Colloseum.

Back