• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Misc Engine] (3D) Pokémon in Unreal Engine 5.0.0

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 10, 2024
Hello Fantabulous Members of Pokécommunity !!!

A little bit about me :

My name is Matthew B., I am 28 and have been working on this project on my own for just about more than 6 years now. I have been working a lot on and off.
I have a degree in Product Design and Applied Arts but what I really enjoy and have kept it my passion is Architecture. I am now very sick and cannot work anymore.
By now, I think you get it, I'm an artist more than anything else. That is my position in this project.

About the game :

The game is meant to look cartoony a lot like the Let's GO series. and the Sword and Shield series.
Here is a video which will give you a taste of it :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU0gvPcc3jQ

Ok, enough said about that, let me talk about the game ! Let's start by some screenshots, you will have to excuse me for the rudimentary UI. I've been more focused on functionality within the game engine for now.

Welcome to the Pokemon World :

https://imgur.com/jcMBLyY

Chose your Starting Character :

https://imgur.com/l6xsWiC

Some in game footage, with place holders where the attacks will be and the bugged progress bars lol I'll fix them soon. Updating my projects from UE4 to UE5 caused the progress bars to no appear as they should. What you can see in the background is Cinnabar Island. I happened to posses all the characters and all 493 Pokemon animated for the game.

https://imgur.com/s2yIeF0

Finally, an insight into modeling software that used to create my 3D models. It's a screen shot from inside the Pokemon League, where the Elite 4 reside.

https://imgur.com/O3Eelj7

So what are my plans for the game ?

I'll go straight to the point, the game is never to be release via ordinary means, it's a game made to be distributed underground, but mostly, by friends and family that share a common passion for Pokémon. It's mainly a game made by developers for developers and meant to be distributed quietly.
So if you want to join because you think this game is going to be the hot new fangame, then it's not for you. If you expect the game to be finished one day, it's not for you, if you expect to be able to mod the game such as multiple shiny colors or something like that, then it's not for you and finally, if you want to see all generations of Pokemon incorporated into this game, then it's not for you as it will only cover Gen. I up to Gen IV.
Why aren't I planning on finishing the game some day ? Simply because of the endless possibilities and the complexity of actually creating a game in a huge world entails.

With that out of the way, what am I looking for ? Well, I'm looking for people... Whatever you can offer, I am willing to mentor if you are seriously interested in learning any artistic field. Concept artists to help me with bounce ideas off and create details that I would not necessarily of though of, artists, real artists for example if you like to draw graphity, that's cool, I can feature Pokemon Graphity in the dark corners of town. 3D artists and finally and especially coders (C++) but C++ isn't required since there is a blueprint system in Unreal Engine, meaning it's visual scripting. If you have none of the above skills but are still interested and want to get aboard, send me a PM, we can work something out.

As long as the fundamental functionalities have not been coded into the game like real time combat, the game will have no story for the time being.

Finally :

Like everyone else in this section, I'm just a guy with a dream and a vision. I am a product designer by trade and I am now extremely sick. I'm not a 'know it all' and I am still a work in progress. I do not know everything about making a game or creating 3D models though I am pretty good at theory, my illness makes my brain slow.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 10, 2024
A little update on the progress that has been done since the 17th of April, since then I have been working on the Kanto Gyms, it's still a prototype and needs a couple more evenings to finish but it's getting there, let me know what you think.

https://imgur.com/JC5VN4M

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 10, 2024
Since it's been a while, I though that I would post a small update.
Here is a random house that I have been working on a bit. Since I am focusing all my effort on Kanto, it will be one of the houses featured there in one of the towns, each towns will have their own style. Not only by the color theme used.

https://imgur.com/Ik1HBWm

If you can't see the picture btw, please contact me. I would be happy to share them with you. I noticed that I can't see the pictures in Firefox but I can see them just right in Chrome.

Meanwhile, some news, position of concept artist is filled by a beginner. So I am mentoring him. Meaning that I can no longer mentor anybody so if your interested in joining I need people that are a little more advanced.
That doesn't mean that you can't contact me if you are new. I would be more than happy to give you a few tips.

I will also reiterate the roles needed :

- Programmer
- Artists
- CAD Artists

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 16, 2024
I can help design custom characters/update existing ripped models too. Metahuman/blender/mixamo are my go to. My blueprint skills are good enough to get most tedious things done, like dialogue/vehicle system/swimming. is the majority of the pokemon battles code in C++ or blueprints?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 10, 2024
Hello,

Thank You for your interest in this project. The project is coded in BPs and I would like it to stay that way until we have finished the basic functionalities for us to have a simple game core.
Shall we discuss further details on Discord ? I'll send you my ID via PM.

Sorry for the late reply, I've just had covid and wasn't up to much.

P.S I already said that possessed all character assets, is my post that long ? hahaha

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 10, 2024
Hello Fantabulous Members of Pokécommunity !!!

It's been a while and so I would like to share some stuff I have been playing with recently, shaping, mostly a lot of landscape sculpting, (Kanto and a minimum of Johto seeing as they are one landscape), to get a very approximate result, but as it's going to change anyway as it gets populated, I am happy about my work. I've also created a texture to auto-texture the landscape, and created my own foliage. The color of the foliage is purely experimental, I was just having fun.

https://imgur.com/Gvw7Qtr

https://imgur.com/acD5ofG

Still looking for programmers, artists and CAD artists.

P.S : Those are not the most recent screenshots.

P.S. bis : I'm 29 now :P !

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 12, 2022
Hi, I am new to ue5 with a passion for ue c++. I learnt ue c++ with an udemy course for almost 1 month(at night and weekend, because I hv a full-time job). My dream is to create a pokemon world in the future, it's great for me to see u work!

But I hv a full-time job so I can just use my spare time to do some work if u r acceptable. My work is Quant Researcher , mainly using Python, I hv some basic c++ knowledge from my university and from recent ue5 learing. My email is [email protected] if u r interested, I am looking forward to hear u reply!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 10, 2024
Hello,

Thank You so much for reaching out ! I am not sure it's prudent to give out your email publicly, either way I appreciate the support and I sent you a private message on this forum and an email with my contact details so I am looking forward to speaking to you soon !

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 10, 2024
The team is currently full. We will re-open it for applications in 2 months time. If you are interested to join nonetheless, don't hesitate to message me and we will see what we can do.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 10, 2024
Today is 2 months later.

Here are the state of affairs. I have a job now, our apprentice has a new job so he is super busy, and our programmer has no more electricity because they are sending all of it to Europe, where I happen to live.
So, applications are open again.

If you have any questions whatsoever, hesitation about the state of affairs and the game, feel free to pm me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 10, 2024
Christmas Eve Update.

We have heard back from the programmer who is currently having health issues. So the Programming has come to a standpoint but the game is moving on, and we're proud of what we have achieved so far.
Due to the circumstances, nobody has been very active in our group chat, so I will speak as 'leader' of the project, apparently that's what I am lol and open the spot for one more member.
I need somebody with both extensive knowledge about Pokémon and about Japanese History and Culture to personally help me out, so you will be my aid. I cannot remember for sure, I remember Johto, but, I cannot remember if Kanto's plot was partly based on actual / historical events, which I think it was but don't quote me on that one. I expect that person to be able to point things out that a westerner would typically miss and that is from a design standpoint too for example the blue traffic light story. Beyond that, help on how Japanese buildings look and why do the look the way they do. Ideally somebody who lives in Japan and wants to know everything there is to know there.

I hope it's clear enough.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all !

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 10, 2024
Hello,

End of January update. I have lost everybody on my team. One of my coders got a promotion at work and is now overbooked and The other has a part time job now, while studying.
So positions are open, and if you simply want to learn Unreal Engine it's fine too, don't hesitate to contact me ;) !

I would be happy to teach you !!!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 10, 2024
Tadaaa, I'm still alive and so is the project !

So who is you're favorite starter ?

https://imgur.com/a/9Q7xb7C

If the world is devoid it's normal, I have 2 versions of my game, the code one and the environment one. It means that I may use Github, to collaborate on the code one, as opposed to having a huge project to share.
I'm also sorry of the lack of core buildings being displayed.
Right now the game is in full restructuration. I have to work out how to get my,, health, energy, xp system and attacks working again.
On the positive side, I now have routes put into place. That's nice !

I've done some good progress, currently a little stuck here though :

https://imgur.com/a/fBeOJ0q

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 31, 2023
Hello, I'm interested in your Pokemon Project. I also started the Pokemon game on UE about 3 years but never went far because of lack of motivation and knowledge. I got time to learn the 3d modeling and animation/riging and the C++ coding at a very slow pace. I don't think I can be much of help but I'd be very glad if you can help me.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 10, 2024
Hello and Thank You for your interest in this project, I will send you the details via PM in order to get in touch.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 10, 2024
Ok, no reply...

This post has been up for almost 14 months and I dare say nothing even remotely positive came out of it. Between thief's that are stupid enough to think that I put all of my eggs in the same basket and ghosts, I have not made any meaningful relationships with this thread.

I hereby leave the thread open for the eventuality that a serious candidate shows up, but really it just for a showcase now to showcase my game when I have to.

Last edited:
Back