• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen 3rd Edition ??

Auron

Legendary Guardian
    Years
    Well, I think that...

With Red & Blue, Yellow.
    With Gold & Silver, Crystal.
    With Ruby & Sapphire, Emerald.

Nothing with FireRed and LeafGreen?

If it does...I don't know why, but I think it'll be Blue Water or Blue Sea...

So...Game Freak will make a 3rd Edition for the 4th Generation ??

Last edited:

RoMeRz

Scotland The Brave
    Years
    they wont - its not a new game - its a remake so the original pokemon from R/B/Y, can be traded into R/S/E as you cant trade to them with R/B/Y or G/S/C.

The reason its green is because the japanese one was red and green as aposed to our red and blue (i think this is correct anyway).

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

That is correct.

Also, Nintendo won't try to make a 3rd version of FR/LG because that would be just pointless. I think this has been discussed before.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    RoMeRz said:
    they wont - its not a new game - its a remake so the original pokemon from R/B/Y, can be traded into R/S/E as you cant trade to them with R/B/Y or G/S/C.

The reason its green is because the japanese one was red and green as aposed to our red and blue (i think this is correct anyway).

yes, this is highly agreed on, but why did they bother making BOTH FR and LG for that purpose? they could've very well just made one for the remake of both for the trading purpose. don't say that they couldn't put the whole 150 (+1) on one game, because once you get to the islands and beating the elite four, you end up opening your pokedex nationally and rather them doing that, they could've easily made more pokemon from the first generation available on the sevii islands.

really... who knows.

RoMeRz

Scotland The Brave
    Years
    It would have been stupid as hell to make one game - then that isnt a remake of the original two is it.

The original two didn't let you find all the pokemon in one game, so why would the remakes.

Years
    aragornbird said:

That is correct.

Also, Nintendo won't try to make a 3rd version of FR/LG because that would be just pointless. I think this has been discussed before.

Agreed. What could they possibly add or make different. Also, Diamond & Pearl are coming, Pokemon Ranger, Dungeon Red & Blue. There really is no need for a third version in FR/LG.

Ria

Minx Extraordinaire
    Years
    Hehe, you know, whenever I'd think about that I would get this funny image in my head: They made Red, then Blue, then Yellow, then LeafGreen, then FireRed and then someone broke into the building and shot everyone with bullets that had the words:"ENOUGH ALREADY" engraved on them ^^

Wait a minute O.o That's not funny, it's creepy :nervous:

Ooohhkay, nothing to see in this post, mooove along. :embarrass

Virage

Hero of Time
    Years
    Ria said:
    Hehe, you know, whenever I'd think about that I would get this funny image in my head: They made Red, then Blue, then Yellow, then LeafGreen, then FireRed and then someone broke into the building and shot everyone with bullets that had the words:"ENOUGH ALREADY" engraved on them ^^

Wait a minute O.o That's not funny, it's creepy :nervous:

Ooohhkay, nothing to see in this post, mooove along. :embarrass
    Ummm..... WTF? ROFLMFAO xD

Exokriz

Delete.
    Years
    aragornbird said:

That is correct.

I disagree, in fact they could do a remake of the yellow version. You can get P9ikachu as a starter again and the little rascal can follow you around and you can get ALL 3 starters in it. But they should really make it so Pikachu can evolve this time around....just a thought

BrainWave

A new idea sprouts
    Years
    BTW isn't it leaf green and not green leaf?
    You can get all 386 pokemons already (expect for non-americans/japanese)
    If there's a third edition for FRLG, it'll better not be the remake of yellow. Blastoise needs equal love with charizard and venusaur.

RudolphXtheXBreeder

Grass Trainer
    Years
    I have a question...Would any of you buy a third installment if it came out??? It wouldn't have any new Pokemon(unless Mew or Celebi or Jirachi or Deoxys or Lugia/Ho-oh were in there) and unless they really made a huge plot twist or changed up the starters or did something absolutely unheard of, I don't think that the game would sell very well...That's just my opinion.

Auron

Legendary Guardian
    Years
    Blastoise needs equal love with charizard and venusaur.

That's correct.

I have a question...Would any of you buy a third installment if it came out??? It wouldn't have any new Pokemon(unless Mew or Celebi or Jirachi or Deoxys or Lugia/Ho-oh were in there) and unless they really made a huge plot twist or changed up the starters or did something absolutely unheard of, I don't think that the game would sell very well...That's just my opinion.

Well...I don't have any handheld console, I'm an emulator man...But I'm planning to buy a DS, Pearl and Emerald.

If "Ocean Blue" (Let's call it this way xD) is released...I'll buy my lovely Blastoise's game !! YAY !!

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007

The extra edition might contain some 4th generation pokemon data and sprites.
    I repeat, SOME

reserved for the VIP, you know?

just a thought...

Back