• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#41 - Celebrity [Voting]

IOTW #41 Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    You vote for yourself, you die.
    You rip, you die.
    You ask people to vote for you, you die.

Welcome to IOTW voting stages

Chérii
    Stock

#41 - Celebrity [Voting]

Humm96
    Stock

#41 - Celebrity [Voting]

Hybrid Trainer
    Stock

#41 - Celebrity [Voting]

#41 - Celebrity [Voting]

Intoxicated
    Stock

#41 - Celebrity [Voting]

Toshiro.
    Stock

#41 - Celebrity [Voting]

Alternative
    Stock

#41 - Celebrity [Voting]

countryemo
    stock

#41 - Celebrity [Voting]

#41 - Celebrity [Voting]

zappyspiker
    Stock

#41 - Celebrity [Voting]

zZJoennZz
    Stock

#41 - Celebrity [Voting]

Cats, keep it cool.

Last edited:

Humm96

Fly little Mockingjay!
    Years
    im going for Abnegation , Hayley Williams is just an all round babe XD i like how he colours just bring her hair out :)

Tox

fight me
    Years
    I'm going with Thomas's since I love what he did with the stock but I liked both Chérii's and countryemo's entries too. Choosing one was actually pretty difficult.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I went with Alternative's. Effects in icons are a horrible, horrible idea. Makes them too busy, and icons are about simplicity and colour. Therefore Cherri, Humm and Hybrid Trainer were off the mark in my opinion. Icons should never be too effect heavy, and more about brining out the colours in an interesting way, stock positioning, correct sharpening, focal enhancing and at times, text works well, working with textures in a suitable way. But you can't make an icon too effect heavy, it's a tiny space. Keep the effects for tags, guys, unless you're really confident that you can pull it off, otherwise your focal becomes drowned it busyness.

I liked Zappy's and Joenn's, but both were slightly submerged in a sort of cream colour, which decreased quality, for me. But alternative's, had the best approach to a style out of what I saw, the outcome could have been better, but this was correct approach of technique, and is the icon which shows best consistency.

Only thing I will say for Chérii's is, it conveyed the theme better than most, but the colours, and amount of effects killed it for me, I'm afraid.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    It was getting down to a hard choice between Zappy and Joenn (Personal pref?) though I'm gonna end up voting for Zappy's Icon.
    I quite like it, while it is "submerged" in a cream color as Gav said, it just works to me, also seems to have some depth which makes it cool to look at. And the text fits.
    Face it, im no good at commenting xD

Back