• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: The basis behind Obstagoon to Sirfetch’d

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Another one in the series! LMK if you have any ideas or observations on what these Pokemon are also based on.

Years
  • A fun bit of information about the Galarian Zigzagoon line supporting both them and the Hoennian Zigzagoon line being badgers, is that they mimic the real world branches of badgers. Badgers in Japan (which are brown with small black markings) split off from the early European badger after the island separated from the mainland (to give a simplified account - there was the Korean badger as an inbetween). This helps reaffirm the basis that the Galarian line is canonically the original Zigzagoon variant, mimicking real life.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • A fun bit of information about the Galarian Zigzagoon line supporting both them and the Hoennian Zigzagoon line being badgers, is that they mimic the real world branches of badgers. Badgers in Japan (which are brown with small black markings) split off from the early European badger after the island separated from the mainland (to give a simplified account - there was the Korean badger as an inbetween). This helps reaffirm the basis that the Galarian line is canonically the original Zigzagoon variant, mimicking real life.
    Ah, that's cool to know! Thanks for sharing that.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • The Pokemon company sure does get into the very fibre of culture of the region they are going to base their next region on! Knew nothing about Obstagoon except it being based on Kiss. And since Cramorant's release, i've been messing up my biology questions,XD. When I want to say cormortant, i end up with cramorant. Thanks for the information anyway!

Back