• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: A Look at Companionship in the Pokémon World

Commander Saturn

Information Broker
Years
  • I am enjoying it far more than I would have previously imagined. Watching the Pokemon run around and do their own things is surely amusing. I wish there were more interesting conversations to be added when you speak to the people in their camp or when they visit yours, how ever. I find playing ball with my favourite Pokemon to be a complete delight. And how about yourself then? What are your thoughts?

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    What a nice article. ;;

I've always liked the friendship aspect of Pokemon!

I haven't yet played SWSH, but over the years all the added features of treating your mons like actual friends has been very cute.

When I was a kid I remember playing Yellow and really loving that I could just turn around and poke Pikachu, and now it's changed SO MUCH.

In the anime, I started liking Pikachu so much just because of how Ash and it got along so well, it definitely makes them super cute.

I know some parents won't let their kids play Pokemon because it's "abusive to animals", but they clearly don't know what they're talking about, the basis of the show and the games has always been that there's a partnership and friendship aspect at the heart of the game. Also making friends through playing. And now you can play with them in game! There's no reason to think it's bad.

Last edited:

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • I am enjoying it far more than I would have previously imagined. Watching the Pokemon run around and do their own things is surely amusing. I wish there were more interesting conversations to be added when you speak to the people in their camp or when they visit yours, however. I find playing ball with my favourite Pokemon to be a complete delight. And how about yourself then? What are your thoughts?

Hi CommanderSaturn! Welcome to Pokécommuntiy :D How's the mission going? I have watched a good amount of gameplay, but I haven't got the games myself, but I enjoyed watching people do stuff in camp, especially those funny moments uploaded on Youtube. The other ones like Amie and Refresh, I love them, especially Refresh because you have different isles for different purposes!

I know some parents won't let their kids play Pokemon because it's "abusive to animals", but they clearly don't know what they're talking about, the basis of the show and the games has always been that there's a partnership and friendship aspect at the heart of the game. Also making friends through playing. And now you can play with them in game! There's no reason to think it's bad.

Aah, this is something that shows how narrow-minded we can be! It would be great if those who say so knew this. I know of this incidence where a person says"WHy should these kids carry monsters in their pockets?!" This is different, but equally dumb, in my opinion -_-
    And yeah, the newer games having an interaction with Pokémon is something that I really enjoyed! And we can now pet legendaries too, which is kind of funny, but cute at the same time :)

Back