• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#43 - 150x150 [VOTING]

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    {Icontest #43 - 150x150}

Details
    This week was all about making a 150x150px icon. The stock can be whatever the entrants liked.

Rules
    • Do not vote for yourself
    • It is advised that you post your reasoning for voting for who you voted for.
    di-5993.png

Stock - zZJoennZz

51d3bl.png

Stock - Galukxy

0iKmN.png

Stock - Hybrid Trainer

easya.png

Stock - Alternative

30u4fuh.png

Stock - Toshiro.

iotwb.png

Stock - .Mini

kannabi.png

Stock - Signomi

DM.png

Stock - インフェルノの津波

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • My Vote happily goes to zzJoennzz, I find the icon amazing. I love the effects along with the image itself. The most eye-catching imo; is the colour choices used throughout the whole icon, it's sassy yet calm at the same time.

Years
  • I came so close to voting for myself by mistake then
    i went for alternative, i like the way it was really minimalistic. I can't really explain but i like the way the colours turned out, they look kinda chalky. god i suck at explaining this sorta stuff ¬.¬

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Nice to see a number of participants. :3

But anyway, my vote is leaned towards Galukxy's icon. I just love the colours that are used for the icon, as well as the positioning of the stock. The focal is also lovely and so is the negative space that surrounds it. :)

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2012
    Signomi; she's the one who's improved the stock the most. And the colours she has engendered as well as the lighting make it feel really calm, and the depth also appeals to me.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Signomi GMV also. Her icon was the only one I would actually use, and the colours are quite nice. Though I would advise her not to sharpen outlines as much, so manually sharpening is the way to go here. Regardless, my favourite of the bunch. I liked Alternative's, but it had too much white and brightness as well as being over-sharpened.

Years
  • I love Siggy and her work, I really do, but I'm voting for Alternative's entry. It's easy to the eye, and I really loved that icon he made. ^..^ I still will always love Siggy's work, but I decided to vote for someone else. =3

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Galukxy! I love the colour, I love the crop, and I think it's just gorgeous. :)

A close second for me is Signomi, but I think it's a bit too bright and sharpened so the face of the character is a bit hard to make out, even with a large size. u_u Otherwise the crop and stock are beautiful.

.Mini

Graphics Artist
    Years
  • I voted for Galuxky, when I submitted mine I didn't realize we could edit most of the image, I would have changed a lot in what I used D;

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    I also liked Galuxy's, but there wasn't a great deal done with the stock, it's mostly just a crop of the original image with very little changed. So without trying to seem rude or anything, make sure that you guys take into account what is done with the stock, upon voting. Technique is 90% of what IotW is about, so yeah mini, you can do whatever you wish with the stock, otherwise it wouldn't be much of a contest :p

Back