• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Galar's isolation from the rest of the Pokémon world

Galar’s isolation from the rest of the Pokémon world

Galar’s isolation from the rest of the Pokémon world

Galar stands out in how separated it is from the other regions. We compare its lack of visiting characters and inter-region connections with the rest!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Article I wrote finally about this aspect. It's pretty slim pickings for Galar in terms of references to people or whatnot from other regions, unlike any other main series game to this extent!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • If I am not mistaking, wasn't it teased that an old character would be returning in the Crowned Tundra, someone we know? Maybe that will explain why there isn't many references.

Sorry if you said that in the article. Don't have a chance to read it at the moment, but will later.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • If I am not mistaking, wasn't it teased that an old character would be returning in the Crowned Tundra, someone we know? Maybe that will explain why there isn't many references.

Sorry if you said that in the article. Don't have a chance to read it at the moment, but will later.
    Not aware of that - only tease is Sonia is there from Hop, and datamining has some new characters and unname character slots. For the latter, they could be returning characters but we have no evidence for that e.g. character models or unscrubbed names, and nothing was teased afaik. Correct me if I am wrong!

At any rate, article will be updated when the Crowned Tundra DLC happens.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I think what I am thinking of, is in the trailer for Tundra, the person says 'A certain someone' sends us out to investigate. Which now, with what Hop says on Armor, it is almost 100% Sonia.

Anyway, on topic. I think Galar will become more connected in Tundra and if we have a 3rd expansion after SInnoh, which currently there is no evidence for. With who we know is returning, there will probably be connections, especially with the Regis with the two new Regis.

Usually when we get remakes of a previous gen, there is almost always some sort of connection between the two games. But I think Regis may explain why it seems to be 'so far away' which honestly doesn't make sense being that we have planes that can easily get us.

Unless, SwSh takes place before previous regions.

Years
  • There is probably a 3rd DLC aswell as to the west of the mainland in the datamine there was a few locations there of some interest. Currently its sea maybe its a new island or a portal to other worlds pr locations... Anyway im excited... This is the first pokemon game ive played since pokemon black

P. S great article btw

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I think what I am thinking of, is in the trailer for Tundra, the person says 'A certain someone' sends us out to investigate. Which now, with what Hop says on Armor, it is almost 100% Sonia.
    Ah, that makes sense.
    Usually when we get remakes of a previous gen, there is almost always some sort of connection between the two games. But I think Regis may explain why it seems to be 'so far away' which honestly doesn't make sense being that we have planes that can easily get us.

Unless, SwSh takes place before previous regions.
    Indeed on the point about connections between remake regions and the other region in the same gen, e.g. Sinnoh and Johto, and Hoenn and Kalos.

SwSh wouldn't be too different a time period to other games - Kurt existing in mention now lets us know he was alive at least within the last few years (whenever he visited exactly isn't clear, but Hyde was old enough to remember and be taken by his Apricorn ball skills).
    There is probably a 3rd DLC aswell as to the west of the mainland in the datamine there was a few locations there of some interest. Currently its sea maybe its a new island or a portal to other worlds pr locations... Anyway im excited... This is the first pokemon game ive played since pokemon black

P. S great article btw
    I do recall clouds to the west of Galar - not sure if there is a landmass there too or if the datamining was just showing the outlines of said clouds. But yes, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of even more DLC.

And thanks!

Back