• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Competitive Concepts: Weather

Competitive Concepts: Weather

Competitive Concepts: Weather

Learn about the impact of weather conditions on competitive Pokémon.
Years
  • Weather has been a pretty big part of competitive Pokemon for a while now. This article discusses the impact weather has in the present and outlines the strengths and weaknesses f each condition. Share your own thoughts on weather in competitive metagames here or discuss the article.

Ranko

Aloof Unmoving Maiden
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2023
    I've always had a soft spot for Hail, but I've had better success with it in VGC. Double Blizzard spam is always funny

Years
  • I've always had a soft spot for Hail, but I've had better success with it in VGC. Double Blizzard spam is always funny

I really wish it was better, it's been left in the dust too long. Granted, the last two gens have been working on that but they've not fixed the biggest problem: Ice types.

Hocus_Pokemon

Psychic Master
    Years
  • Why don't they give a stat boost for Ice types during hailstorm? Just like the Rock types receiving 1.5X Sp. Def. boost during sandstorm.

Back