• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Making Brock's jelly donuts!

Making Brock’s Jelly Filled Donuts!

Making Brock’s Jelly Filled Donuts!

Find out how to make the jelly donuts eaten by Brock from the Pokémon anime!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    It was always so confusing to me as a kid why they were calling what clearly does not look like donuts, donuts. Like I get that they were probably thinking "Western kids wouldn't know what an onigiri/rice ball is" but really it would've been far less confusing to just stick with rice ball. Or at the very least they should've tried to pick something closer to it than jelly donut ever could be.

Years
  • It was always so confusing to me as a kid why they were calling what clearly does not look like donuts, donuts. Like I get that they were probably thinking "Western kids wouldn't know what an onigiri/rice ball is" but really it would've been far less confusing to just stick with rice ball. Or at the very least they should've tried to pick something closer to it than jelly donut ever could be.

A part of the reason I feel was 4Kids wanted to adapt the show to an American audience, so replacing Japanese culture and foods with more universal things. I've not been an anime watcher in years, so unsure if they got better at not changing foods and such in recent times.

Also, I swear I've seen powdered donuts disguised as 'jelly donuts' before.

Back