• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen The curious development of Sneasel

The curious development of Sneasel

The curious development of Sneasel

Sneasel is a living fossil that tells us a lot about how Generation II itself was developed, and how the very concept of what being a Pokémon meant evolved over time.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
  • Once upon a time, Game Freak decided to create a pokémon called Sneasel. But it took them eight different attempts until they came up with the current design we all know. Thanks to the leaks from Gold and Silver's development, we have a step-by-step guide of how Sneasel evolved over time, from a cute weasel that looked nothing like the current pokémon, to its modern incarnation. What makes these changes all the more amazing, though, is that they kept going on even after the games themselves had been released. Take a look at the history of the one monster they couldn't quite settle on.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • Once upon a time, Game Freak decided to create a pokémon called Sneasel.
    I really enjoyed reading this. Sneasel is pretty cool. Pun intended
    At first it looked like it wouldn't be out of place in am early day tom and jerry episode and then turned into something else. I love it

Back